Novotel Darling Harbour – Styled like a luxury motel in a superb location.
This sprawling hotel dominates one part of Darling Harbour, an inner-city area renowned for its extensive choice of places to eat, drink, and shop. The Pyrmont View rooms face the suburbs, not the harbor, and are large enough for two double beds, so they are ideal for families. The décor is functional and features the latest mod-cons and some lovely old photos, having recently been refurbished. The Executive Darling Harbour View rooms are larger, but otherwise only the views differ. The covered outdoor pool and the floodlit tennis court are rare attractions.
Novotel Darling Harbour – The Location
- Area: In the middle of Darling Harbour, with the main entrance along Murray Street to the back.
- Address: Darling Harbour, 100 Murray St, Pyrmont.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Harris St at Pyrmont Bridge Rd (350m), Tram – Convention Centre (100m), Ferry – Darling Harbour, Convention Jetty (600m).
- Handy to: Darling Harbour, Tumbalong Park.
Novotel Darling Harbour – The Basics
- Guests: Primarily for anyone on holidays, and especially good for families.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: About half the rooms have views of Darling Harbour, while the others face the suburban streets.
- Parking: Underneath the hotel at A$59 per day.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9288 7180
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: novoteldarlingharbour.com.au
Novotel Darling Harbour – Amenities
- Pool: Outdoor, covered, and small.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: The In Balance gym has an outdoor section and all the latest equipment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Novotel Darling Harbour – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The Ternary Restaurant & Bar is relaxed, popular, and airy. Offers extensive views and ‘wok and wine’, with an emphasis on modern Asian cuisine. • Pimm’s Pop-up at the Ternary Terrace is a long name for a small bar. Tremendous views and friendly atmosphere. Light meals also available.
- Breakfast: An extra A$30 for buffet breakfast.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Novotel Darling Harbour – Rooms
- Room Types: Pyrmont View • Superior City Skyline View • Executive Darling Harbour View • Junior Suite • Loft Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the top floor for the finest views, the twin-level Loft Suites have one or two bedrooms, as well as a bar and conference-style desk.
Novotel Darling Harbour – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There is so much to choose from in Darling Harbour, including:
- Blue Fish – Superb seafood with outdoor waterside setting.
- Olivo Restaurant – Pasta and seafood, perfect for people-watching.
- Harbour Bar & Kitchen – Barbecue ribs, spit-roasted beef, and happy hours.
- Zaaffran – Classy Indian, with a balcony for harbor views.
- Darling Harbour is linked to the city center by light rail, but with limited connections. Otherwise, stroll across the footbridge (10 minutes) for train stations in the city center.
Novotel Darling Harbour – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne