Novotel Darling Square – A practical, affordable, and completely renovated hotel.
Not to be confused with the sprawling sister hotel at Darling Harbour, this is located in Darling Square, about a mile away. The rooms throughout this functional hotel are similar, with only the size and views differing. The Standard Rooms are unfussy but spacious enough, and for families, an extra single bed can be squeezed in or the sofa bed can be converted. Rooms face Darling Square or the Chinese Garden of Friendship across the flyover. And don’t worry; the double-glazing is very effective. The overwhelming attraction is the location and proximity to the International Convention Centre, with the city center just a short walk away. Local transport is limited, but Chinatown close by is packed with authentic eateries.
Novotel Darling Square – The Location
- Area: On Little Pier Street, Darling Square; a shortish walk to Darling Harbour, Chinatown, and the CBD.
- Address: 17 Little Pier Street, Darling Square.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Powerhouse Museum, Harris St (500m), Tram – Paddy’s Markets (400m) and Exhibition Centre (400m).
- Handy to: Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour, China Town.
Novotel Darling Square – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly business people, especially those attending the Convention Centre.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Faces other buildings across the square, or an overpass and the Chinese Gardens at a distance.
- Parking: A$46-55. Some parking onsite available, but not guaranteed.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8217 4000
- Email: H3021@accor.com
- Website: novotelsydneydarlingsquare.com.au
Novotel Darling Square – Amenities
- Pool: Heated and indoors, but more for doing laps than relaxing.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Centre: Small but adequate, with enough equipment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Novotel Darling Square – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Pumphouse Sydney Bar & Restaurant is historic and atmospheric. An open-air, traffic-free location offering modern Australian cuisine and 100+ varieties of beers. • Pier St Kitchen is an airy and bright brasserie on the ground floor, ideal for coffee and breakfast.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast costs an extra A$32.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Novotel Darling Square – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard King Room • Standard Twin Room • Deluxe King Room • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The spacious Deluxe King Rooms provide the best views (of the Chinese Gardens) and some complimentary extras.
Novotel Darling Square – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Very close to Chinatown, with plenty of options:
- Golden Century Seafood Restaurant – Popular for dim sum and live lobsters.
- Old Town Hong Kong Cuisine – Stylish and large, with a wide variety of dishes; perfect for pork buns and Peking Duck.
- Yang San Park – Korean barbecue meals with great service.
- Braza Darling Harbour – Fun Brazilian-style vibe with roasted meat on a spit and buffets.
- A 5-minute walk to the light-rail network (with limited stops), or 10 minutes on foot to the Central train station with connections all over the city.
Novotel Darling Square – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne