by Santorini Dave • Updated: July 6, 2019
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Convenient collection of spacious, modern, and luxurious apartments within a mall.
Part of the world-class UB City mall, Oakwood offers a variety of apartments in a lofty tower. With one, two, or three bedrooms, they feature washers and dryers, fully-equipped kitchens, and substantial living areas; some also have jacuzzis and massive dining tables. All apartments can be booked per night by tourists or even for several years by individuals or businesses. Amenities are top-notch, particularly the shady and temperature-controlled pool on the rooftop, with a toddlers’ section attached. For many, the main attraction would be the unique location within a mall featuring numerous bistros, bars, and boutiques, just meters from the reception desk, and around the corner from the city’s major park.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – The Location
- Address: 24 Vittal Mallya Road, UB City. The apartment building is part of the UB City mall.
- Area: Shady and affluent district of company buildings and upmarket shops. Only 100m from the city’s major park, Cubbon Park.
- How to Get There: From the airport (36km, 1-hour drive), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop near the UB City mall. About 4km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station (20-minute drive).
- Handy to: UB City mall. Cubbon Park.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – The Basics
- Guests: Most are business people who can book apartments long term, for weeks or even years, though apartments are also available to tourists on a nightly basis.
- Views: Broad views across the mall and city streets, but not the park. Some apartments face the neighboring JW Marriott hotel.
- Kitchen: All apartments feature fully-sized and well-equipped kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Apartments with 2 or 3 bedrooms are large enough to feature jacuzzis.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each apartment.
- Wi-Fi: Free at the lobby and restaurant area, but may be an extra charge in the apartments.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 2234 8888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: oakwoodasia.com
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Amenities
- Pool: Lovely temperature-controlled pool on the rooftop. Long and narrow, with shady trees and sunbeds reminiscent of a tropical island resort. Separate shallow area for toddlers.
- Spa: The Angsana Oak Spa provides all sorts of treatments and therapies rarely offered elsewhere.
- Fitness Center: Sizable room containing plenty of equipment. Workout while admiring the extensive views. Personal trainers available.
- Other Facilities: Business services. Travel desk.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Surprisingly, only 1 restaurant on-site, probably because there are so many just meters from the reception desk. Soul City features a colorful and circular design and many window-side tables. Thai food a specialty, and bar attached.
- Breakfast: Not available because all apartments feature kitchens.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Rooms
- Room Types: Apartments with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms • Studios
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in any apartments.
- Best Room: All apartments feature the same layout, except for the number of bedrooms. Those higher up will provide superior views.
- For Families: All apartments feature fully-equipped kitchens, and all but the Studios have separate living areas which can convert to additional bedrooms. Apartments have 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms and a separate bathroom for each room.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Local Transport
- Walking: One of the nicest areas in the city for walking, especially away from the chaotic main road. Several interesting shops and cafés along shady streets. Extensive park across the road from the neighboring JW Marriott hotel.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. (Ambitious plans to connect the airport have stalled indefinitely.) The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 2km from the hotel. 8-minute drive.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Numerous cafés and bars on the 2nd level of the attached UB City mall. These 4 are clustered together within 50m of the reception desk of the Oakwood:
- Cafe Mangii +91 (0)80 2227 0098 – Pasta, pizza, and lots more in a likable open-air setting.
- Sanchez Restaurant & Cantina – Wide range of delicious Mexican food and an appropriate décor. Loads of fun.
- Farzi Café – One in a countrywide chain of French-style bistros. Chill out with signature cocktails and live music.
- Toscano – Very appealing setting, with authentic Italian food, wine bar, and daily specials.
- Café Coffee Day – On the other side of the road from the hotel gates. Tasty coffee and light meals in a surprisingly spacious area.
About 200m east along Vittal Mallya Road (away from the mall) are other tempting cafés and bars. These 3 are at a major junction:
- The Biere Club – Colorful setting, affordable pub-style meals, and very happy hours. Popular for its micro-brewery and trendy DJs. 3-minute walk.
- Bootlegger – Cozy and friendly, it competes by offering excellent happy hours. 3-minute walk.
- Starbucks – Familar design and menu. On 2 levels, offering street views. 3-minute walk.
- The apartment building is attached to the huge and impressive UB City mall which is packed with boutiques and bistros. The stores are open daily from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm. The restaurants and bars are open from 11 am to 11.30 pm, and up to 1 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Even more places to eat, drink, and shop are located along the shady streets further east past the mall.
Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – The Hotel
- Adarsh Hamilton – Review
- Casa Cottage – Review
- The Chancery Pavilion – Review
- The Elanza Hotel – Review
- Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Review
- ITC Gardenia – Review
- jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Review
- JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Review
- Laika Boutique Stay – Review
- The Oberoi, Bengaluru – Review
- Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Review
- St. Mark’s Hotel – Review
- Taj MG Road – Review
- Taj West End – Review