Oasis Lagoon Sanur – Contemporary, with extended pools in an unbeatable spot.
Squeezed into a limited space next to the popular Hardy’s Supermarket, the Oasis is in a prime location for shops and cafés. It doesn’t face the sea but is pleasingly set back from the busy road. All rooms are in four-level buildings overlooking the pool which takes up the entire ground-level area. Rooms are compact and functional, without being overly spacious, and feature an appealing wooden décor that extends to the patios/balconies, which are oddly enclosed on the upper floors. More appealing are the ground-level rooms with patios that open out directly to the main pool. The resort is a block from the sea and has a private beach club nearby.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – The Location
- Area: Pleasant area midway along Sanur, with plenty of facilities in both directions. Doesn’t face the sea, but is only 1 block from the beach.
- Address: Jl. Danau Tamblingan No. 136 A, the main road through Sanur, a more relaxed resort region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (15 km), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Hardy’s supermarket. Golf course.
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – The Basics
- Guests: Particularly popular with families, but caters well for all.
- Beach: On the other side of the main street from the beach, which is about 300m away via the lane that starts opposite the resort entrance. The resort offers a beach club on a sliver of sand with lounge chairs and umbrellas, a short walk or a few minutes by shuttle bus.
- Views: All rooms overlook the extended swimming pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Patios of ground-floor rooms offer direct access to the main pool. Cabana Rooms feature private plunge pools.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus service around Sanur.
- Parking: Very limited free and secure parking on site, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 282 264
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: theoasislagoon.com
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – Amenities
- Pool: The seemingly endless C-shaped pool links all the buildings housing the rooms. Often packed and usually noisy.
- Spa: Tirta Spa is a fantastic place to relax and be pampered with a facial, massage, or manicure.
- Fitness Center: Limited space throughout the resort ensures that the so-called ‘mini-gym’ is undersized.
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: De’dapoer is an elegant street-side café, recently redesigned with an inviting décor. Focuses on contemporary Indonesian food and offers a children’s menu and daily specials. The delightfully old-fashioned bar alongside serves cocktails and imported wines.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but this depends on how the room was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Studio Room • Lagoon Access • Family Duplex • Family Room • Cabana Room • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, but permitted on the balconies/verandas and elsewhere.
- Best Room: Cabana Rooms are exquisite and very intimate for honeymooners. Spacious, with plunge pools.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors. Easily accommodating 4 people are the split-level Family Duplexes, with a second bedroom on a mezzanine level, and the single-level Family Rooms with larger second bedrooms than the Family Duplexes.
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than most places in southern Bali. With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is also popular, and bikes can be rented from agencies on the main street. Walking and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches over 6 km, almost the entire length of Sanur.
- Public Transport: Sanur is unique within southern Bali as local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) ply the main street, but won’t go further north than the golf course. Fares are set, but invariably inflated for tourists.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Motorbikes are also easy to rent and useful for getting around Sanur – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. Taxis are plentiful, cheap, and comfortable, and the best way to go anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. This can be arranged at any travel agency or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any town outside of southern Bali and one that is popular with tourists (e.g. Ubud), buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, but services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its inconvenient office on Jalan Hang Tuah on the other side of the golf course in northern Sanur. The Kura-Kura Bus company links Sanur with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
Oasis Lagoon Sanur – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Café Batu Jimbar – Long-time favorite for gelato, salads, and outdoor Sunday buffet/market. Opposite the resort entrance.
- El Comedor Restaurant – Extended menu includes ribs, grills, kebabs, and lobster. Shady setting. About 50m south.
- Downtown – Popular for its friendly staff and affordable prices. Classier than rivals for salads, desserts, and pasta. Next to El Comedor.
- Ulu Thai Food Sanur – Funky décor (with several dangling lights) and authentic Thai food. About 200m south.
- White Orchid – Almost next to Ulu, for healthy food and Asian cuisine. Specials at surprisingly good prices, a shady deck, and smart service.
Minimarts are present in all directions, and lots of shops everywhere.
- Hardy’s – Supermarket with a few other shops attached, but very modest compared to Kuta. Less than 50m north along the main street.
- Jet-skiing and parasailing, among other fun activities, can be arranged at counters near the resort’s beach club, but the choice is better at Tanjung Benoa.