Ovolo Woolloomooloo – A personality-plus hotel along a renovated wharf in the city center.
Lovingly restored and almost resembling a maritime museum, the lounge/lobby of the Ovolo is instantly likable with colorful chairs and contemporary art. All rooms are designed within the old waterside buildings, so they feature the original beams and walls as well as ironwork along the ceilings. The ‘Deluxaroo’ rooms are airy and very colorful. The narrow Loft features a separate lounge area at the entrance level and two bathrooms, and can be easily converted for family use. Because the hotel is long and narrow, all rooms have views of the harbor as well as the city skyline or some naval ships. The indoor pool is inviting and lined with cabanas. An easy walk away is Kings Cross (for nightlife), but it’s further on foot to the city center via the magnificent Royal Botanic Gardens.
Hotel Bondi – The Location
- Area: On Cowper Wharf (aka Finger Wharf) in the inner-city suburb of Woolloomooloo. Close to Kings Cross and the city center.
- Address: 6 Cowper Wharf Roadway, Woolloomooloo.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Cowper Wharf Rd before Bourke St (50m).
- Handy to: Royal Botanic Garden, The Rocks.
Ovolo Woolloomooloo – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to families, but most guests would probably be couples or small groups on holidays.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: All views are of the thin bay, some with the city center in the distance.
- Parking: Valet parking available for A$60 per night.
- Nice Perks: Free minibar, happy hours, breakfast, and lolly bag if booked directly through the hotel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9331 9000
- Email: Fill the form on the hotel website.
- Website: ovolohotels.com.au
Ovolo Woolloomooloo – Amenities
- Pool: Long and inviting, with attached jacuzzi.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate, and faces the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Ovolo Woolloomooloo – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Alibi is a casual café in the impressive atrium, renowned for cocktails and modern cuisine created by (according to the website) the ‘plant-based chef’.
- Lounge/Bar: Lo Lounge is a convivial meeting place open 24 hours, with a stunning indoor setting.
- Breakfast: Continental breakfast is included if booked through the hotel.
- Room Service: In-room service is available 24 hours.
Ovolo Woolloomooloo – Rooms
- Room Types: Superoo (standard) • Deluxaroo (deluxe) • King • Loft • Ultraroo • AC/DC Suite • INXS Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within the hotel building
- Best Room: The ‘AC/DC Suite’ and ‘INXS Suite’ ooze elegance and chic, and offer the finest views from the top floors.
Ovolo Woolloomooloo – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There’s plenty of choice at Kings’ Cross (a 10-minute walk), or along the wharf. These places are popular and expensive:
- China Doll – Innovative, contemporary Asian cuisine.
- Otto – Stylish, modern Italian, with plenty of outdoor tables.
- Kingsley’s – Steak and seafood with sophisticated service and a gorgeous setting.
- Woolloomooloo Bay Hotel – Opposite the wharf, with a ground-level bistro or balcony dining.
- A 15-minute walk from 3 train stations.
Ovolo Woolloomooloo – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne