La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – Feel like royalty at this palatial mansion.
This opulent hotel was initially Napoleon III’s step brother’s mansion, then later the residence of Pierre Cardin. Most recently, it’s been graced with a make-over by celebrated Paris designer Jaques Garcia. The result is a subtly opulent and historically respectful Belle Epoque stunner that makes all who enter feel like royalty. The royalty theme continues with the magnificent service, a personal butler, an on-site 2 Michelin star restaurant, and a cozy library with a collection of ancient books. Well-loved by the fashion jet set, La Réserve fills up with a stylish circus during fashion weeks. The setting – in a leafy corner of Paris’s most high-end district, steps from the Jardin des Champs-Elysees, a short walk to the Grand Palais, and close to myriad other sites and shopping – is simply perfect.
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – Location
- Address: 42 Avenue Gabriel, 8th Arrondissement, Paris.
- Nearest Metro/Subway: Franklin D Roosevelt (0.2 mile, 5-minute walk).
- Area: Right across from Jardins des Champs-Elysees and near high-end shopping, many of Paris’s premier sites, and interesting upscale art galleries. A few more minutes farther on foot are bistros and cafes away from the tourist crowds. Hop on Metro lines 1 and 9 close by to explore the rest of the city.
- How To Get There: The Paris Metro is the easiest option although there are always taxis available in front of the hotel, and there’s plenty to explore nearby on foot.
- Handy To: Grand Palais, Champs-Elysees, Jardin de Tuileries.
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – The Basics
- Ages: Varied. A few of the 40 rooms here can connect and are good for families.
- View: All rooms have decent views. The best are on the Avenue Gabriel side of the hotel which look out over the Grand Palais and Eiffel Tower.
- Parking: Valet parking for €45 per day.
- Extras: Personal butler service and 24-hour access to the entire mansion, including the library, lounge, gym, and secret cigar room.
- When To Book: Fashion weeks in February, June, and October are the busiest periods, but for other times, a month in advance should suffice.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 5836 6060
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: lareserve-paris.com
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor 16-meter long lap pool.
- Spa: 24-hour luxury spa with a hammam and long menu of treatments, including many for men.
- Fitness Center: Small but excellent fitness center open 24 hours and with fitness coaches available.
- For Disabled Guests: Rooms that can accommodate wheelchairs are available.
- For Families: Several connecting rooms are available, stuffed elephant and coloring book on arrival, organic children’s bath soaps, and personalized bakery treats are just a few of the many things offered. Babysitting and special family-oriented tours are also available.
- Activities: There are a number of bespoke tours available with the hotel, including ones geared towards families and some with special access to rarely visited Parisian mansions.
- Other Facilities: Secret cigar lounge with outdoor terrace and a lovely garden.
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: After opening to great acclaim in 2015, La Réserve’s finest restaurant, the classically French Le Gabriel has already garnered 2 Michelin stars and is aiming for more. Executive chef Jérôme Banctel overseas this gem as well as the more laid-back but still quite upscale La Pagode du Cos with patio dining and a grill in warmer months. Children’s menus are available at both. At La Gabriel, lunch is served from 12:30 to 2:30 pm every day but Saturday, and dinner every day from 7:30 to 10 pm. $$$$. • La Pagode du Clos is open daily from 11 am to midnight. $$$.
- Lounge/Bar: Le Bar excels in fine wines and elegant cocktails served in an opulent lounge, or enjoy the drinks more quietly in the adjacent library. Regulars can get their own signature cocktails and there’s also an elegant lunch menu for €39. Open daily 7 am to 1 am.
- Breakfast: May or may not be complimentary depending on room packages. Guests choose between set American, Continental, or Healthy options, or a la carte. All options can be made for special diets and are served in-room.
- Room Service: Available from the 2 restaurants and bar menu.
La Réserve – Rooms
- Room Types: Grand Palais Suite • Elysée Suite • Suite Imperial • Presidentiel Suite • Duc de Morny Suite • Eiffel Suite • Prestige Suite • Deluxe Suite • Eiffel Junior Suite • Prestige Junior Suite • Premier Junior Terrace • Premier Room • Prestige Room
- Smoking Rooms: The property is smoke-free except for the cigar room.
- Best Room: While every room is incredible at La Réserve, the Grand Palais Suite takes the royal treatment a step further. At over 200 square meters, this apartment has 2 bedrooms with their own private bathrooms, plus there are guest bathrooms and even a wine cellar. There’s a pervasive sense of space and light with views of the Eiffel Tower and a balcony to enjoy the sights and sounds of Paris. If you ever wanted to feel like a French Duke or Duchess for a few days, staying in this suite may be your best option.
- For Families: All the rooms here are large apartment-sized and offer the combined space of a few normal hotel rooms. For even more privacy, a few of these connect and are an excellent choice for families.
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – Local Transport
- Walking: This is a very walkable area with major sites plus interesting neighborhoods to get lost in right out the door.
- Subway and Bus: The Franklin D Roosevelt metro station is a 5-minute walk (0.2 mile). It services lines 1 and 9, making it very easy to get around the city.
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft: Taxis are always available and Uber services Paris.
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
The hotel also offers customized tours for its guests, and especially for families.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Romantic Paris – On foot or by vintage Citroen 2CV, these private tours takes guests to some of Paris’s most romantic locations, including a special look at the Musée d’Orsay. Start location: the hotel.
Paris With Your Family – Tours geared towards children including a treasure hunt through Paris, meeting urban beekeepers with a view of the Eiffel Tower, and a private show in your own suite by the Petit Théâtre comedy troupe. Start location: the hotel. Unseen Paris – Several options including tours of Paris’s private mansions, a trip back to post WWII Paris in General De Gaulle’s actual car, flea market and vintage shopping tours, and a private tour of Yves St Lauren’s studio with transport in the designer’s own Jaguar. Start location: the hotel. Parisian Experiences – Choose from a number of exclusive experiences such as creating your own perfume, private romantic picnics on the Seine and tours of Montmartre including the normally private vineyards accompanied by a winemaker. Start location: the hotel.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Laurent – Michelin-starred, modern French gastronomy with a superb outdoor dining and world class wine list. 1-minute walk (100m).
- 24 Le Restaurant – Creative French gastronomy, very popular with locals. Service and food are excellent. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Le 114 Faubourg – Michelin starred brasserie at Le Bristol Paris Hotel serving beyond delicious, classic brasserie dishes, plus an elaborate interior with a grand staircase and gilded columns. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Epicure – A 3 Michelin-star gem that’s the epitome of French gastronomy, also at Le Bristol Paris. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Le Boudoir – High-end patisserie that’s like a boutique of sweet style. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- JJ Restaurant – Classic French bistro with reliably good food and reasonable prices for the area. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- L’Avenue – Popular, busy, internationally-inspired dishes and a good place to look for celebrities and people-watch. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Mini Palais – Next to the Grand Palais, this is an elegant place for a meal or afternoon tea. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- 86 Champs – Froufrou, elegant-modern patisserie serving amazing macarons. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Bistro Marbeuf – Bustling bistro with classic food in a convenient location for shopping. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Maxim’s – Historic, very famous French restaurant with fantastic art nouveau design. Go here for romance, nostalgia, and décor. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Best Nearby Cafes
- Honor – Australian-style coffee house and easily the best Java in the vicinity. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Bert’s – Simple sandwiches, soups, and coffee are a nice change after eating rich food – light on the pocket book too. 12-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Pret a Manger – Salads, espresso, breakfast sandwiches, and light meals to eat in or take-away. 12-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Ladurée – Beautiful French Art de Vivre décor, amazing pastries, and a fabulous place for afternoon tea. 12-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Gentlemen 1919 – Pass the barbershop to this dimly-lit cocktail bar that feels like a Speakeasy. 3-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Bugsy’s – Burgers, salads, pastas, and beer on tap are enjoyed in a lively pub atmosphere. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Au Bureau – Friendly pub to stop aprés shopping for a beer and a burger. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Nearby Clubs, Cinemas and Live Music
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Daniel Levy – Men’s dress shirts made to measure. 1-minute walk (75m).
- Galerie Mermoz – Specialists in pre-Columbian and Mesopotamian art. 2-minute walk (100m).
- Pierre Cardin – Haute couture in the shop closest to the designer’s Paris home. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Librairie Lardanchet – Rare and ancient bookseller alongside modern books focusing on art. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Galerie Aveline – Elegant and long-running gallery of exquisite works old and new. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Valois Vintage Paris – Local shops a little pricey for you? This is where the rich and famous sell their clothes on consignment. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Dior – Modern French high fashion with a great showroom that’s always fun to browse. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Saint Laurent – The quintessential haute couture Parisian design house. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Chanel – Classic French style that never goes out of fashion. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Givenchy – Find the latest pieces from the beloved Paris fashion house here. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Cartier – For jewelry that inevitably goes with all the haute couture you just bought. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Hermes – One of the longer-running Parisian fashion designers is still hot as ever. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Le Village Royal – Parisian passage of couture boutiques that has a very photogenic umbrella roof installation. 13-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Grand Palais – A striking, grand, and ornate building housing exhibits, an event hall, and an art museum. During the 2024 Summer Olympics, the taekwondo and fencing events will be held here. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Palais de la Decouverte – Science museum with permanent exhibits such as a glass man with colored veins and more showing the working of the human body, a planetarium, and a rat maze. Also lots of temporary exhibits. Great for kids. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Petit Palais – Another outrageous building, just across from the Grand Palais with a museum containing elegant sculptures and historical art. And what’s amazing about it is that it’s free. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Champs-Elysées – Paris’s most famous boulevard, choc-full of upscale shopping, restaurants, and cinemas. Many of Paris’s most important events take place here, including the finish of the Tour de France bicycle race. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Jardin de la Nouvelle France – Lovely English-style gardens with a waterfall and pond, perfect for escaping the city, lounging, or having a casual picnic lunch. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Musée Maxim’s – Also known as the Musée Art Nouveau, this museum recreates a Belle Epoch apartment with lots of sumptuous art from artists including Tiffany and Massier. It’s located above the iconic restaurant of the same name. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Place de la Concorde – The largest square in Paris. Check out the view down the Champs-Elysée to the Arc de Triomphe. The Tuileries Gardens start just beyond and lead to the Louvre. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Nearby Market or Grocery
La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – The Hotel
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Bath
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Budapest
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cambridge
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cannes
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Copenhagen
- The Best Boutique Hotels in London
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Paris