Hotel Providence – Contemporary comfort and in-room cocktail bars in trendy 10th Arrondissement.
Everything about this stylish abode is effortlessly cool, from the location on a side street near boulevard Saint-Martin to the perfect yet casual pairing of bold patterned wallpaper with hardwood and jewel-toned velvets. You enter the hotel through the bustling café that’s spread out on a cobblestoned sidewalk beneath a wall of climbing foliage. And it only gets more Parisian from here with a lobby in lived-in disarray and dark hallways. The smallish but gorgeous rooms are each unique and have generous tiled bathrooms – in the smaller rooms, these are inside steampunk-style frosted glass units. Each room has a bespoke wooden and marble cocktail bar with everything you need (including instructions) of how to mix your own delightful beverage.
Hotel Providence – Location
- Address: 90 rue René Boulanger, 10th Arrondissement, Paris.
- Nearest Metro/Subway: République.
- Area: Just steps away from the bustling Boulevard Saint-Martin and a 12-minute walk (0.6 mile) to Canal Saint-Martin and all its cafes and shops. The neighborhood is straddled between stylish Haut-Marais and up-and-coming South Pigale.
- How To Get There: The Paris Metro is the easiest option and there’s plenty to explore nearby on foot.
- Handy To: Canal St-Martin, Musée des Arts et Métiers, Espace Beaurepaire, Gare du Nord.
Hotel Providence – The Basics
- Ages: Families with children are welcome but not specifically catered to. The hotel has a grown-up and romantic vibe.
- View: Over Paris streets; the higher the room the better the view. Some rooms have balconies.
- Parking: Parking is available in nearby garages for around €35 per day.
- Extras: Create your own cocktail at well-equipped and beautifully-presented minibars in each room.
- When To Book: Fashion weeks in February, June, and October are the busiest periods. For other times, a month or two in advance should suffice.
- Phone: +33 1 4634 3404
- Email: receptio[email protected]
- Website: hotelprovidenceparis.com
Hotel Providence – Amenities
- For Disabled Guests: There’s 1 room designed with mobility issues in mind on the first floor.
- For Families: Baby cots are available and babysitting can be arranged, but the hotel is not particularly geared towards families.
- Activities: The hotel can help arrange just about anything from tours to dry cleaning.
- Other Facilities: Excellent restaurant and bar popular with local patrons. Personalized iMacs in all rooms.
Hotel Providence – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Lounge at Providence’s outdoor bistro tables or indoors in luxurious armchairs surrounded by luscious colors and textures, and enjoy a meal or aperitif. French and Mediterranean dishes reign from a house-made duck foie gras to truffled risotto with asparagus. The pastries and cakes are out of this world. Open every day for breakfast 7 to 11 am, lunch from noon to 3 pm, and dinner 7 am to midnight. $$.
- Lounge/Bar: The in-house restaurant doubles as a bar and is open during restaurant hours. You can also make your own cocktails to enjoy in your room.
- Breakfast: Choose from a French-style buffet at the restaurant for €22, or a lighter set that includes a hot drink, juice, and pastry for €10.
- Room Service: A decadent room service menu, available around the clock, includes treats like lobster rolls and fresh oysters.
Hotel Providence – Rooms
- Room Types: La Mini • La Classique • La Supérieure • La Deluxe • La Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is only allowed outside.
- Best Room: Each room here is unique and personally decorated by the owners by scouring local flea markets and antique shops, so choosing a favorite has a lot to do with personal taste. The Suite is the largest room and has palm leaf wallpaper, the very best views over Sacré Coeur and Montmartre, and a massive bathroom. It also has a retro turntable with an eclectic selection of vinyl.
Hotel Providence – Local Transport
The République metro station is a 5-minute walk (0.2 mile) away and services lines 3, 5, 8, 9, and 11, making it very easy to get around the city. The Gare du Nord Train station is an 18-minute walk (0.8 mile) for trips further afield.
- Walking: This is a very walkable area with major sites plus interesting neighborhoods to get lost in right out the door.
- Subway and Bus: The République metro station is a 5-minute walk (0.2 mile) away.
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft: Taxis are always available and Uber services Paris.
Hotel Providence – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Marais Food Experience – 3-hour sampling tour of the historic district’s best fromageries, boulangeries, patisseries, and charcuteries.
- Paris Bike Tour – 3-hour guided bike tour along the Seine, past Notre-Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower, Chaillot Palace, the Louvre, and the Tuileries Garde. Start location: 12-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Mayda – Casual spot with some outdoor seating and good crepes. 1-minute walk (30m).
- Le Petit Chateau d’Eau – This place has been the same for decades and that’s why people love it. Stop in for a morning coffee or dine on French classics accompanied by a cocktail. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Hollybelly 5 – Busy, international spot for British-inspired big breakfasts including pancakes topped with eggs, bacon, and maple syrup. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Le Chateau d’Eau – Resisting the gentrification going on around it, here’s an old school Parisian bar great for beers and late nights. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- 52 Faubourg – A contemporary neighborhood bar and restaurant that serves breakfast through dinner with creative, international flair. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Maison Landemaine – Finely crafted breads, pastries, and savory baked goods to take away or eat-in. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Marrow – Foody-beloved neo-bistro serving fantastic combinations of flavors and world class cocktails in a relaxed yet chic setting with wooden tables and terrace seating. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Du Pain et des Idées – Expect a long line here at peak hours with locals knowing it’s worth the wait for orange blossom brioches or delicious savory treats stuffed with cheeses and fruit. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Bonhomie – Fabulous tapas in a fun atmosphere alongside creative cocktails. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Le Verre Volé – A tiny but beloved wine bar with excellent vintages on offer, sage advice, and even better plats du jour to enjoy alongside. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Best Nearby Cafes
- Meisia – A board game café. Grab a coffee, beer, or milkshake, and maybe a pastry, then choose from one of the many games and play through. 1-minute walk (10m).
- Café Petite – Easy and cute stop for a café and pastry or a more substantial crepe or egg dish. 3-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- Republique de Café – Quick stop for good coffee. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- L’Appartement – Lively bar that gets particularly busy during happy hours. Modern interior design and friendly service. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Le Syndicat – Specializing in French spirits, this hip cocktail bar has some gritty décor but is one of the hottest drinking establishments in the area. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Gravity Bar – Gorgeous interior fabricated from wood and concrete provides the backdrop for unique and delicious cocktails accompanied by fantastic tapas. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Chez Prune – Lovely corner location just across from the Canal Saint-Martin, popular with the local hip crowd. It’s a casual stop for a few drinks or aperitif although decent meals are served as well. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Nearby Clubs, Cinemas, and Live Music
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- O/HP/E Patisserie – Homewares, cosmetics, stationery, and more, but do not leave here without sampling their chocolate brioche. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- La Crémerie – Stock up on dairy at this local fromagerie. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Centre Commercial – Collection of French, British, and Danish clothing, furniture, and more with an eco bent. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Medicine Douce – Handmade contemporary jewelry made by local artisans. Really gorgeous stuff. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Antoine et Lili – A Parisian institution for women and children’s wear, and super hip homewares. 12-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Designers Outlet l’Exception – Worth the walk for up to 70% off French home and fashion labels. 14-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Marché des Enfants Rouge – Oldest covered market in France (opened in 1628). Tons of fresh produce plus a deli and stops for snacks of lunch. 15-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Musée des Arts et Metiers – Paris’ industrial design museum with a fascinating collection of prototypes such as the original Foucault Pendulum and the model for the Statue of Liberty. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Porte Saint-Denis – Fourteenth-century arch that once served as part of the city walls of Paris. Admire the many sculptures adorning this easy-to-pass landmark. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Musée du Chocolat – Learn about the 4,000-year history of chocolate via the museum displays, then see a demonstration of how chocolate is made and taste the results. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Jardin Villemin – Beautiful garden right on Canal Saint Martin that includes vegetable and flower gardens plus a playground. Great stop for families. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Canal Saint-Martin – Eclectic, lively, and beautiful neighborhoods stretch along the 4.6km (2.8 miles) canal with several bridges, locks, and plenty of banks and benches to rest on and watch Paris go by. 12-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Centre Pompidou – Whimsical building housing the largest modern art museum in Europe. The collection including Dali, Pollock, and Picasso is of course not to be missed, but the site itself with bright colors and the Stravinsky Fountain with its moving sculptures is another excellent reason to visit. 14-minute walk (0.7 mile).
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché St Martin – Great covered market selling everything from meat and vegetables to beer and chocolate. 2-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- Un Monde Vegan – Vegans delight in this shop with everything they need. Lots of gluten-free products too. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Carrefour Bio – Convenient mini-market with organic products. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Hotel Providence – The Hotel
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Bath
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Budapest
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cambridge
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cannes
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Copenhagen
- The Best Boutique Hotels in London
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Paris