• Location: Between Haut-Marais and South Pigale,steps away from the bustling Boulevard Saint-Martin.
• Hotel website: hotelprovidenceparis.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 4634 3404
Hotel Providence – Contemporary comfort and in-room cocktail bars in trendy 10th Arrondissement.
Everything about this stylish abode is effortlessly cool, from the location on a side street near boulevard Saint-Martin to the perfect yet casual pairing of bold patterned wallpaper with hardwood and jewel-toned velvet. You enter the hotel through the bustling café that’s spread out on a cobblestoned sidewalk beneath a wall of climbing foliage. And it only gets more Parisian from here with a lobby in lived-in disarray and dark hallways. The smallish but gorgeous rooms are each unique and have generous tiled bathrooms – in the smaller rooms, these are inside steampunk-style frosted glass units. Each room has a bespoke wooden and marble cocktail bar with everything you need (including instructions) of how to mix your own delightful beverage.
Hotel Providence – Location
Just steps away from the bustling Boulevard Saint-Martin and a 10-minute walk (0.5 mile) to Canal Saint-Martin and all its cafes and shops. The neighborhood is straddled between stylish Haut-Marais and up-and-coming South Pigale.
- Address: 90 rue René Boulanger.
- Nearest Metro: Strasbourg – Saint-Denis and République.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Hotel Providence – The Basics
- Ages: Families with children are welcome but not specifically catered to. The hotel has a grown-up and romantic vibe.
- View: Over Paris streets; the higher the room the better the view. Some rooms have balconies.
- Parking: Parking is available in nearby garages for around €35 per day.
- Extras: Create your own cocktail at well-equipped and beautifully-presented minibars in each room.
- When to Book: Fashion weeks in February, June, and October are the busiest periods. For other times, a month or two in advance should suffice.
- Phone: +33 1 4634 3404
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hotelprovidenceparis.com
Hotel Providence – Amenities
- For Disabled Guests: There’s 1 room designed with mobility issues in mind on the first floor.
- For Families: Baby cots are available and babysitting can be arranged, but the hotel is not particularly geared towards families.
- Activities: The hotel can help arrange just about anything from tours to dry cleaning.
- Other Facilities: Excellent restaurant and bar popular with local patrons. Personalized iMacs in all rooms.
Hotel Providence – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Lounge at Providence’s outdoor bistro tables or indoors in luxurious armchairs surrounded by luscious colors and textures, and enjoy a meal or aperitif. French and Mediterranean dishes reign from a house-made duck foie gras to truffled risotto with asparagus. The pastries and cakes are out of this world. Open every day for breakfast 7 to 11 am, lunch from noon to 3 pm, and dinner 7 am to midnight. $$.
- Lounge/Bar: The in-house restaurant doubles as a bar and is open during restaurant hours. You can also make your own cocktails to enjoy in your room.
- Breakfast: Choose from a French-style buffet at the restaurant for €22, or a lighter set that includes a hot drink, juice, and pastry for €10.
- Room Service: A decadent room service menu, available around the clock, includes treats like lobster rolls and fresh oysters.
Hotel Providence – Rooms
- Room Types: La Mini • La Classique • La Supérieure • La Deluxe • La Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is only allowed outside.
- Best Room: Each room here is unique and personally decorated by the owners by scouring local flea markets and antique shops, so choosing a favorite has a lot to do with personal taste. The Suite is the largest room and has palm leaf wallpaper, the very best views over Sacré Coeur and Montmartre, and a massive bathroom. It also has a retro turntable with an eclectic selection of vinyl.
Hotel Providence – Local Transport
The République metro station is a 5-minute walk (0.2 mile) away and services lines 3, 5, 8, 9, and 11, making it very easy to get around the city. The Gare du Nord Train station is an 18-minute walk (0.8 mile) for trips further afield.
- Walking: This is a very walkable area with major sites plus interesting neighborhoods to get lost in right out the door.
- Subway and Bus: The République metro station is a 5-minute walk (0.2 mile) away.
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft: Taxis are always available and Uber services Paris.
Hotel Providence – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Le Petit Chateau d’Eau – This place has been the same for decades and that’s why people love it. Stop in for a morning coffee or dine on French classics accompanied by a cocktail.
- Hollybelly 5 – Busy, international spot for British-inspired big breakfasts including pancakes topped with eggs, bacon, and maple syrup.
- Le Chateau d’Eau – Resisting the gentrification going on around it, here’s an old school Parisian bar great for beers and late nights.
- 52 Faubourg – A contemporary neighborhood bar and restaurant that serves breakfast through dinner with creative, international flair.
- Maison Landemaine – Finely crafted breads, pastries, and savory baked goods to take away or eat-in.
- Marrow – Foody-beloved neo-bistro serving fantastic combinations of flavors and world class cocktails in a relaxed yet chic setting with wooden tables and terrace seating.
- Du Pain et des Idées – Expect a long line here at peak hours with locals knowing it’s worth the wait for orange blossom brioches or delicious savory treats stuffed with cheeses and fruit.
- Bonhomie – Fabulous tapas in a fun atmosphere alongside creative cocktails.
- Le Verre Volé – A tiny but beloved wine bar with excellent vintages on offer, sage advice, and even better plats du jour to enjoy alongside.
Best Nearby Cafes
- Meisia – A board game café. Grab a coffee, beer, or milkshake, and maybe a pastry, then choose from one of the many games and play through.
- Café Petite – Easy and cute stop for a café and pastry or a more substantial crepe or egg dish.
- Republique de Café – Quick stop for good coffee.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- L’Appartement – Lively bar that gets particularly busy during happy hours. Modern interior design and friendly service.
- Le Syndicat – Specializing in French spirits, this hip cocktail bar has some gritty décor but is one of the hottest drinking establishments in the area.
- Gravity Bar – Gorgeous interior fabricated from wood and concrete provides the backdrop for unique and delicious cocktails accompanied by fantastic tapas.
- Chez Prune – Lovely corner location just across from the Canal Saint-Martin, popular with the local hip crowd. It’s a casual stop for a few drinks or aperitif although decent meals are served as well.
Nearby Clubs, Cinemas, and Live Music
- New Morning – Big name jazz concerts and excellent acoustics plus other acts from blues to Brazilian.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- O/HP/E Patisserie – Homewares, cosmetics, stationery, and more, but do not leave here without sampling their chocolate brioche.
- La Crémerie – Stock up on dairy at this local fromagerie.
- Centre Commercial – Collection of French, British, and Danish clothing, furniture, and more with an eco bent.
- Medicine Douce – Handmade contemporary jewelry made by local artisans. Really gorgeous stuff.
- Antoine et Lili – A Parisian institution for women and children’s wear, and super hip homewares.
- Designers Outlet l’Exception – Worth the walk for up to 70% off French home and fashion labels.
- Marché des Enfants Rouge – Oldest covered market in France (opened in 1628). Tons of fresh produce plus a deli and stops for snacks of lunch.
- Musée des Arts et Metiers – Paris’ industrial design museum with a fascinating collection of prototypes such as the original Foucault Pendulum and the model for the Statue of Liberty.
- Porte Saint-Denis – Fourteenth-century arch that once served as part of the city walls of Paris. Admire the many sculptures adorning this easy-to-pass landmark.
- Musée du Chocolat – Learn about the 4,000-year history of chocolate via the museum displays, then see a demonstration of how chocolate is made and taste the results.
- Jardin Villemin – Beautiful garden right on Canal Saint Martin that includes vegetable and flower gardens plus a playground. Great stop for families.
- Canal Saint-Martin – Eclectic, lively, and beautiful neighborhoods stretch along the 4.6km (2.8 miles) canal with several bridges, locks, and plenty of banks and benches to rest on and watch Paris go by.
- Centre Pompidou – Whimsical building housing the largest modern art museum in Europe. The collection including Dali, Pollock, and Picasso is of course not to be missed, but the site itself with bright colors and the Stravinsky Fountain with its moving sculptures is another excellent reason to visit.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché St Martin – Great covered market selling everything from meat and vegetables to beer and chocolate.
- Un Monde Vegan – Vegans delight in this shop with everything they need. Lots of gluten-free products too.
- Carrefour Bio – Convenient mini-market with organic products.
Hotel Providence – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train