• Location: Central 2nd arrondissement location, two blocks from the Tuileries Gardens and the Opera Garnier.
• Hotel website: hyatt.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 5871 1234
• Check prices on Booking.com
Positioned between the renowned Place Vendôme and the Garnier Opera House in the 2nd arrondissement lies the Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme. Converted from five Haussmann-era office buildings into a 21st-century hotel, the property’s quietly sophisticated aura provides a modern contrast to the rich history of the area; its permanent displays of contemporary art add an urban-chic feel. Some rooms with private terraces have views of the Place Vendôme or Eiffel Tower. For a more decadent stay, spring for one of the suites with en-suite spa; several are outfitted with their own steam room, whirlpool Jacuzzi, and dedicated massage table for in-room treatments. The hotel has a prime location near luxury boutique shops and an easy walk to the Louvre, Tuileries Garden, and the Palais Royal.
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – Location
Central and fashionable 2nd arrondissement location, two blocks from the Tuileries Gardens and the Opera Garnier, and within a 20-minute walk of the Louvre Museum.
- Address: 5 Rue de la Paix
- Nearest Metro: Opéra (4-minute walk), Madeleine (6-minute walk),
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome at the Park Hyatt Vendôme, although few special amenities are offered for children. Cribs and rollaway beds are available by request, and interconnecting rooms are available. Babysitting services can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Dogs under 50 pounds are allowed. The pet fee is $100/night; if the stay is 7 or more nights, a $100 cleaning fee is added.
- View: Many rooms have nice views of Place Vendôme, and upper floor rooms on the Rue Volney side of the property have views of the Eiffel tower and Opera House.
- Parking: On-site indoor valet parking is available for €45/night.
- Nice Perks: Bathrooms all include both a deep soaking up, a separate rain shower, and Christophe Laudamiel bath amenities. Daily newspaper delivery. In room Nespresso machine and Mariage Frères teas. Complimentary water with turndown service.
- Phone: +33 1 5871 1234
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hyatt.com
- When To Book: Book 6 weeks to 2 months in advance, especially for high travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The beautiful and contemporary Le Spa has four individual treatment rooms (and one for couples), and offers massage, facial, body, or salon treatments. There is a whirlpool bath, steam room, and sauna – all complimentary for hotel guests. Open from 7:00am to 10:00pm daily.
- Fitness Center: The hotel gym is small but well-equipped, with 3 treadmills, 1 cable motion system, free weights, 2 cross trainers, and an excercise bike. All machines are TechoGym brand. A personal trainer is available by appointment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Imperial and Presidential suites feature en-suite spas with jacuzzis and steam rooms.
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Michelin-starred Pur’ – Jean-François Rouquette specializes in French fine dining; reservations are recommended and there is a dress code (no shorts, no open shoes for men) – open from 7:45 – 9:30pm daily, but closed in August. Casual yet elegant breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch are served under a distinctive glass ceiling at Sens Restaurant. La Terrasse, located in the hotel’s private courtyard, offers tree-shaded al fresco dining in a space that’s fashioned to look like a yacht (open seasonally from 12:30pm to midnight). Snacks and afternoon tea is served around the hotel’s lobby fireplace.
- Lounge/Bar: The elegant hotel bar features a tapas menu and twice-weekly live DJs. Open 4pm to 2am daily; kitchen closes at midnight. Closed August.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served in Sens Restaurant from 7-10:30am Monday-Friday, weekends 7–11am.
- Room Service: 24 hours.
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 Queen • 2 Twin • 1 King Deluxe • 1 Queen Deluxe • 2 Twin Deluxe • Park Suite King • Park Deluxe Suite • Park Executive Suite • Prestige Suite • Diplomatic Suite • Ambassador Suite • Residence Suite • Vendôme Suite • Presidential Suite • Impériale Suite • Park Suite Twin • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms are available by request.
- Best Room: The 210 sqm one-bedroom Presidential Suite has a kitchen, dining room, living room, en-suite spa with jacuzzi and steam room, and two terraces with rooftop views.
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme – What’s Nearby?
- Carré des Feuillants – Modern French fine dining from renowned chef Alain Dutournier. Two Michelin stars. 4-minute walk.
- Big Fernand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries. 4-minute walk.
- Le Soufflé – Charming restaurant serving expertly-prepared savory and sweet soufflés. Moderately-priced. 6-minute walk.
- Le Meurice Alain Ducasse – Elegant, Michelin-starred French fine dining in Le Meurice Hotel. 7-minute walk.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch. 7-minute walk.
- Sanukiya – Bustling Japanese restaurant, known for their great udon. 8-minute walk.
- Kotteri Ramen Naritake – Cheap, popular, delicious. The best Ramen in Paris. 8-minute walk.
- Verjus – Contemporary American cooking, prestige ingredients, casual and low key feel. 9-minute walk.
- Ellsworth – Contemporary American cuisine with a French twist, sparse décor, young hip crowd. 9-minute walk.
- La Bourse et la Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose. 12-minute walk.
- Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families. 15-minute walk.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao. 17-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Frog Hop House – Fun French brew pub with an American sports bar feel. 1-minute walk.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks. 2-minute walk.
- Bar Hemingway – Intimate, iconic cocktail bar in the Ritz Hotel. 2-minute walk.
- Juveniles – Charming wine shop-turned-bistro with solid food, reasonable prices, great wine. 9-minute walk.
- Buddha Bar – Trendy restaurant/nightclub with a Southeast Asian theme – go for cocktails and ambiance; the food is overpriced. 11-minute walk.
- Verjus Bar à Vin – The cozy cave-like wine bar of the much-loved restaurant Verjus. Rotating wine list and French/fusion small plates. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee). 4-minute walk.
- Goyard – Exclusive luxury handbags, luggage, and leather goods. One of the few brands that’s unavailable for purchase online. 4-minute walk.
- Ladurée – Lovely and delicious macarons, pastries, chocolate, and gifts. 4-minute walk.
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop. 5-minute walk.
- Librairie Galignani – Elegant English-language bookstore with a good cookbook selection and a charming children’s corner. 7-minute walk.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef. 8-minute walk.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine. 8-minute walk.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts. 17-minute walk.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. 20-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché St. Honoré – Outdoor market selling fruit and vegetables, baked goods, fresh ready-to-eat dishes, jewellery, and clothes. 12:30pm-8:30pm Wednesdays; 7am-3pm Saturdays. 5-minute walk.
- Monoprix – The biggest supermarket in the 1st arrondissement. Open from 9am-10pm Mon-Saturday. 6-minute walk.
- Rue Montorgeuil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it. 19-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Place Vendôme – 2-minute walk.
- Jardin des Tuileries – 6-minute walk.
- Opéra National de Paris Garnier – 7-minute walk.
- Palais-Royal – 9-minute walk.
- Comédie Française – 10-minute walk.
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs – 11-minute walk.
- Musée de l’Orangerie – 13-minute walk.
- Louvre Museum – 13-minute walk.
- Musée d’Orsay – 16-minute walk.
- Petit Palais – 21-minute walk.
- Grand Palais – 21-minute walk.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Western Aramis
- Le Bristol Paris
- Le Cinq Codet
- Four Seasons Paris George V
- Gardette Park Hotel
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal
- Hôtel Chopin
- Hôtel des Grands Boulevards
- Hôtel Grand Powers
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée
- Hôtel Providence
- Maison Souquet
- Mandarin Oriental Paris
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
- Le Meurice
- Off Paris Seine
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
- Le Pavillon de la Reine
- The Peninsula Paris
- Relais Christine
- La Réserve Hotel & Spa
- Le Royal Monceau
- Saint James Paris
- Shangri-La Paris