Tucked away through a discreet entrance within the arches of the historic Place des Vosges you’ll find the boutique Le Pavillon de La Reine, one of the Marais’s best-kept secrets. The historic hotel, its 54 rooms and suites done in a blend of rich fabrics, antique furnishings, velvet curtains, and oil paintings, was once home to the famed French author, Victor Hugo. A cozy library and lounge, complete with a fireplace, offer guests an honor bar where they can mix their own drinks. The basement spa features a jacuzzi and steam room. Le Pavillon de la Reine’s hidden Marais location allows visitors to take full advantage of one of the city’s hottest neighborhoods while having a quiet place to return to at the end of the day.
Le Pavillon de La Reine – Location
Quiet location on beautiful Place des Vosges, amid the stylish shops and cafes of the Marais District.
- Address: 28 Place des Vosges
- Nearest Metro: Chemin Vert (4-minute walk), Bréguet – Sabin (4-minute walk), Saint-Paul (8-minute walk)
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Le Pavillon de La Reine – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Le Pavillon de la Reine provides cribs and high chairs, and their location on the Place des Vosges provides ample room for little ones to run around. Their Family Suite and Family Apartment both have two bedrooms and sleep up to five adults. Rollaway beds are available for €50/night, and babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge for an additional fee.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Courtyard garden views.
- Parking: Complimentary valet parking in a private lot.
- Nice Perks: Free valet parking. Complimentary water on arrival. Rental bicycles. Codage bath amenities.
- Phone: +33 1 40 29 19 19
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: pavillon-de-la-reine.com
- When To Book: Book months in advance, especially for the busy travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Le Pavillon de La Reine – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The hotel’s Codage spa has two treatment rooms, steam room, and jacuzzi. It offers facial and body treatments, massage, and manicures/pedicures. Open daily 7am-9pm.
- Fitness Center: Small but well-equipped gym, with cardio and weight machines, free weights, mats, stall bars, and exercise balls.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Le Pavillon de La Reine – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The hotel’s Michelin-starred Restaurant Anne specializes in French fine dining, offering daily tasting menus and a la carte items for lunch and dinner. They are open Wednesdays through Sundays from 12:30-2:00pm and 7:00-10:00pm.
- Lounge/Bar: An intimate lounge and terrace space features an honesty bar for hotel guests from noon to midnight daily.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served daily to hotel guests in the hotel lounge and terrace from 7:00-10:30am.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Le Pavillon de La Reine – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic • Superior • Deluxe • Junior Suite • Prestige Junior Suite • Suite • 2-Bedroom Family Suite • Suite de la Reine • Family Apartment • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms available by request.
- Best Room: The corner-situated Suite de la Reine is 860 square feet, and features original 17th century Versailles parquet flooring, an antique fireplace, and views of both the city and the hotel’s Japanese garden. It can be combined with a second suite to create a two bedroom family living area that can accommodate five guests.
Le Pavillon de La Reine – What’s Nearby?
- Le Petit Marché – French bistro with Asian notes, trendy crowd, casual and friendly ambiance. 2-minute walk.
- Café des Musées – Rustic French bistro fare, reasonably priced, fun and lively atmosphere. 4-minute walk.
- Grazie – Great casual spot for wood-fired pizza and cocktails. 7-minute walk.
- L’As du Falafel – Widely acknowledged to be the best falafel in Paris – if not all of France. Casual take-out. 8-minute walk.
- Breizh Café – Decadent sweet and savory crepes, including buckwheat ones for gluten-free travelers. 9-minute walk.
- Thai Spices – Excellent Thai food in a quaint little street near the Seine. 9-minute walk.
- Les Philosophes – Busy and historic neighborhood bistro. Great people watching. 10-minute walk.
- Au Bourguignon du Marais – Charming gastropub with sidewalk seating in warm weather. 10-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- The Pure Malt – Friendly atmosphere and great whisky selection at this Scottish-style pub. 5-minute walk.
- Les Agapes de Nina – Sweet wine bar with excellent charcuiterie. 8-minute walk.
- Le Mary Celeste – Cocktails, oysters, and excellent small plates. 10-minute walk.
- Candelaria – Taco joint with a cool hidden speakeasy in the back. (Look for the white door.) 12-minute walk.
- Le Perchoir – Rustic-chic cocktail bar with rooftop views of the Eiffel Tower, Seine, and more.14-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Dammann Frères – Old-world European tea shop that feels like stepping back in time. 2-minute walk.
- Bijoux Blues – Stunning and playful handcrafted jewelry. 6-minute walk.
- Merci – Chic and stylish collection of clothing, housewares, furniture, and accessories in a multi-level space that feels like an art gallery. 9-minute walk.
- La Belle Hortense Charming bookshop and wine bar. Live music, too! 10-minute walk.
- BHV – Diverse department store with designer clothing, housewares and hardware, even an Alain Ducasse cookery school. 13-minute walk.
- Tout Autour du Pain – Best croissants and baguettes in the city. 13-minute walk.
- Jacques Genin – Amazing chocolate and caramel shop (try the mango passionfruit) with an attached full-service cafe. 13-minute walk.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. 20-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- G20 Supermarket – Wide selection of products, open 8:30am-8:30 pm daily. 3-minute walk.
- MaPharmacie – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and beauty products. Open 9am-8pm daily. 4-minute walk.
- Marché Bastille – One of Paris’ largest street markets, with over a hundred stalls selling produce, cheese, meat, pastries, and gifts. 5-minute walk.
- Marché des Enfants Rouges – a small but lively covered market (the oldest in Paris) with a mix of casual food stalls, small restaurants, and farmer’s market vendors. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Western Aramis
- Le Bristol Paris
- Le Cinq Codet
- Four Seasons Paris George V
- Gardette Park Hotel
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal
- Hôtel Chopin
- Hôtel des Grands Boulevards
- Hôtel Grand Powers
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée
- Hôtel Providence
- Maison Souquet
- Mandarin Oriental Paris
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
- Le Meurice
- Off Paris Seine
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
- Le Pavillon de la Reine
- The Peninsula Paris
- Relais Christine
- La Réserve Hotel & Spa
- Le Royal Monceau
- Saint James Paris
- Shangri-La Paris