• Location: On a charming, tree-lined 16th arrondissement neighborhood, 2 blocks from the Arc de Triomphe.
• Hotel website: peninsula.com
• Hotel phone: +33 (0)1 58 12 28 88
• Check prices for The Peninsula
The Peninsula – Peaceful location in the 16th, a short stroll from the Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe. Opened in August 2014, the Peninsula has a refined, contemporary air while incorporating state of the art technology. Each room comes with a custom Samsung tablet that controls everything from room temperature to TV to room service. Printer/scanner/copiers and electric nail dryers come standard in every room. Each room also has a “valet box” – a discreet compartment within the dressing area where you can place laundry (to be washed) or shoes (to be shined) and an attentive staffer will whisk them away through a special access panel. Morning newspaper deliveries are made in the same unobtrusive way. But the most amazing detail of The Peninsula is the view. Dining at the rooftop restaurant L’Oiseau Blanc, patrons will be treated to an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower while enjoying Michelin-worthy cuisine. Guests who are lucky enough to book the Katara Suite have their own private rooftop garden complete with sweeping views of all the major landmarks in Paris.
The Peninsula – Location
Central 16th arrondissement location, in a charming, quieter tree-lined neighborhood two blocks from the Arc de Triomphe. 10-minute walk to the Champs Élysées, 15 minutes to the luxury shops of Avenue Montaigne, and 20 minutes to the Eiffel Tower.
- Address: 19 Avenue Kléber.
- Nearest Metro: Kléber.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
The Peninsula – The Basics
- Ages: The Peninsula is family-friendly. Rooms are spacious, and there’s a great pool. Cribs, baby tubs, and baby bath products are provided for infants. Kids eat free (off the kids’ menu) when dining with their parents. “Peninsula Academy” plans fun activities like chocolate making, fantasy football, and day at the Opera – though these are not complimentary. Babysitting can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: The Peninsula Paris welcomes pets. Well-behaved dogs stay for no extra fee, and receive a bed and personalized blanket, as well as a special welcome basket full of dog food, water, toy and a name tag.
- View: The rooftop restaurant has 360° views over Paris.
- Parking: Valet parking is available in an on-site underground garage for €50/day.
- Nice Perks: Chauffered limousines, a vintage Rolls-Royce Phantom II, Mini Cooper S Clubman hardtops, and BMW 7 Series sedans are available for in-town transportation. The “Peninsula Academy” creates custom behind-the-scenes Parisian excursions and activites for adults and families (for an extra charge). Electric bikes are available to borrow. Tablet-controlled curtains, lights, and television; in-vanity nail dryers; Oscar de la Renta bath amenities.
- When to Book: Book months in advance for high and shoulder season travel, several weeks in advance for mid-winter.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 58 12 28 88
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: peninsula.com
The Peninsula – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful 20m indooor pool with floor-to-ceiling waterfall. Open 6:30am to 10:00pm daily.
- Spa: The Peninsula Spa has 6 treatment booths, 2 private suites, 2 hot tubs, saunas, hammams, and experience showers. Treatments are French/Asian blend, and begin in the Asian Tea Lounge. A healthy spa dining menu is also offered. Open 9:30am to 7:30pm daily, with treatments offered from 10am to 7pm. Reservation only. (+33 (0)1 58 12 66 82, [email protected])
- Fitness Center: The Peninsula’s fitness center features LifeFitness brand cardio and weight machines, medicine balls, personal training, and free weights. Yoga and coach-led classes are offered daily. Open 6:30am to 10pm, by reservation only due to Covid sanitation measures.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None
The Peninsula – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: 4 in-house restaurants: Lili serves gourmet Cantonese cuisine for lunch and dinner. • The Michelin-starred L’Oiseau Blanc rooftop restaurant specializes in seasonal French fine dining (lunch and dinner) and has amazing views – reserve in advance. • Le Lobby offers French/International breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, and weekend brunch in a beautiful Belle Epoque dining room. • Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea are also served seasonally on the outoor Kléber Terrace restaurant. • For €990-2,000/couple, guests can dine at the Secret Table, the ultimate private and romantic rooftop location with incredible Eiffel Tower reviews. The Secret Table must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance.
- Lounge/Bar: The Peninsula has 2 bars: the opulent Bar Kléber and Le Rooftop, a beautiful rooftop cocktail bar with panoramic city views.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served in Le Lobby and on the Kléber Terrace from 7am-10:30am on weekdays, and from 7am-11am on weekends.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service is available.
The Peninsula – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Junior Suite • Superior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Grand Premier Suite • Rooftop Garden Suite • The Katara Suite • The Historic Suite • The Peninsula Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms available.
- Best Room: The 6th floor Katara Suite sleeps 3 and features a 90 sqm terrace and a private rooftop garden with spectacular views. An extra bedroom can be connected to the Katara Suite to form a 2-bedroom suite.
The Peninsula – What’s Nearby?
- Atelier Vivanda – Smallish but excellent French steakhouse with rustic décor and friendly service.
- Le Maxan – Modern but cozy French restaurant that serves a mean croque mignon.
- La Haute Cloche – Traditional, seasonal French cuisine in an intimate atmosphere that falls somewhere between a bistro and brasserie.
- Miss Kô – Sushi and Asian fusion, with fantastic Philippe Starck-designed interior.
- Étude – Modern vegetable-centric fine dining – an excellent meal out for vegetarians and vegans.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées.
- Pierre Gagnaire – 3-star Michelin, contemporary French cooking, seafood heavy, dress code.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code.
- La Belle Ferronniére – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables.
- Baaga Burger – Casual spot for high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro.
- Essaioura – Great Moroccan cuisine two blocks from the Trocadéro.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le SpeakEasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended.
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pierre Herme – Award-winning pastry chef. Try the signature “Ispahan” macaron – a blend of rosewater, raspberry and lychee.
- Patrick Roger – Award-winning chocolatier.
- Hermés – Luxury accessories; famous for silk scarves and its popular “Birkin” bag.
- Point Plume – Luxury pens? Luxury pens.
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Kléber – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and skin care products.
- Monop’ – Small grocery selling food, wine, snacks, and staples.
- Carrefour City – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor.
- Marché President Wilson – Lovely street market selling flowers, produce, cheese, fish, and roast chicken. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, from about 7am to 2:30pm.
- Rue Poncelet Market – Charming farmers’ market near the Arc de Triomphe. Fruits, vegetables, flowers, cheese, seafood. Closed Mondays.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Arc de Triomphe
- Asian Arts Museum (Musée Cernuschi)
- Champs Elysées
- Yves Saint Laurent Museum
- Palais de Tokyo
- Palais Galliera (Fashion Museum)
- Paris Museum of Modern Art
- Crazy Horse Burlesque & Cabaret
- Seine River
- Avenue Montaigne
- Le Trocadéro
- Eiffel Tower
The Peninsula – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train