See Also: The Best Hotels in Paris
The Peninsula Paris sits in a peaceful location in the 16th, a short stroll from the Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe. Opened in August 2014, the Peninsula has a refined, contemporary air while incorporating state of the art technology. Each room comes with a custom Samsung tablet that controls everything from room temperature to TV to room service. Printer/scanner/copiers and electric nail dryers come standard in every room. Each room also has a “valet box” – a discreet compartment within the dressing area where you can place laundry (to be washed) or shoes (to be shined) and an attentive staffer will whisk them away through a special access panel. Morning newspaper deliveries are made in the same unobtrusive way. But the most amazing detail of The Peninsula is the view. Dining at the rooftop restaurant L’Oiseau Blanc, patrons will be treated to an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower while enjoying Michelin-worthy cuisine. Guests who are lucky enough to book the Katara Suite have their own private rooftop garden complete with sweeping views of all the major landmarks in Paris.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
The Peninsula Paris – The Basics
- Location: Central 16th arrondissement location, in a charming, quieter tree-lined neighborhood two blocks from the Arc de Triomphe. Ten-minute walk to the Champs Élysées, 16 minutes to the luxury shops of Avenue Montaigne, and 23 minutes to the Eiffel Tower. The nearest Metro stop is Kléber (Line 6).
- Ages: The Peninsula is family-friendly. Rooms are spacious, and there’s a great pool. Cribs, baby tubs, and baby bath products are provided for infants. Kids eat free (off the kids’ menu) when dining with their parents. Through the Peninsula’s “Family Time with Disney” Package, families can get an adjoining room at 50% off for kids under 12, which will be filled with Disney-themed toys, treats, and costumes. “Peninsula Academy” plans fun activities like chocolate making, fantasy football, and day at the Opera – though these are not complimentary. Babysitting can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: The Peninsula Paris welcomes pets. Well-behaved dogs stay for no extra fee, and receive a bed and personalized blanket, as well as a special welcome basket full of dog food, water, toy and a name tag.
- View: The rooftop restaurant has 360° views over Paris.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Wi-fi is complimentary for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking is available in an on-site underground garage for €50/day.
- Nice Perks: Chauffered limousines, a vintage Rolls-Royce Phantom II, Mini Cooper S Clubman hardtops, and BMW 7 Series sedans are available for in-town transportation. The “Peninsula Academy” creates custom behind-the-scenes Parisian excursions and activites for adults and families (for an extra charge). Electric bikes are available to borrow. Tablet-controlled curtains, lights, and television; in-vanity nail dryers; Oscar de la Renta bath amenities.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 58 12 28 88
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Book months in advance for high and shoulder season travel, several weeks in advance for mid-winter.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
The Peninsula Paris – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful 20m indooor pool with floor-to-ceiling waterfall. Open 6:30am – 10:00pm daily.
- Spa: The Peninsula Spa has 6 treatment booths, 2 private suites, 2 hot tubs, saunas, hammams, and experience showers. Treatments are French/Asian blend, and begin in the Asian Tea Lounge. A healthy spa dining menu is also offered. Open 9:00am – 9:00pm daily.
- Fitness Center: The Peninsula’s 24 hour fitness center features LifeFitness brand cardio and weight machines, medicine balls, personal training, and free weights. Yoga and coach-led classes are offered daily.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None
The Peninsula Paris – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Four in-house restaurants: Lili serves gourmet Cantonese cuisine for lunch and dinner, L’Oiseau Blanc rooftop restaurants specializes in seasonal French fine dining (lunch and dinner) and has amazing views – reserve in advance, Le Lobby offers French/International breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, and weekend brunch in a beautiful Belle Epoque dining room. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea are also served seasonally on the outoor Kléber Terrace restaurant. For €600/person (plus €150 a piece for wine pairings), guests can dine at the Secret Table, the ultimate private and romantic rooftop location with incredible Eiffel Tower reviews. The Secret Table must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance.
- Lounge/Bar: The Peninsula has three bars: the opulent Bar Kléber, the cigar lounge, and Le Rooftop, a beautiful rooftop cocktail bar with panoramic city views.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served in Le Lobby and on the Kléber Terrace from 7am-10:30am on weekdays, and from 7am-11am on weekends.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service is available.
The Peninsula Paris – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Junior Suite • Superior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Grand Premier Suite • Rooftop Garden Suite • The Katara Suite • The Historic Suite • The Peninsula Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms available.
- Best Room: The 6th floor Katara Suite sleeps 3 and features a 90 sqm terrace and a private rooftop garden with spectacular views. An extra bedroom can be connected to the Katara Suite to form a two-bedroom suite.
The Peninsula Paris – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Arc de Triomphe Skip-the-Line – Everyone has to go through security, but you can bypass the ticket line by buying ahead. 8-minute walk.
- Paris Highlights Bike Tour – 3-hour guideded tour rides past iconic Paris sights and explores local secret spots. 6-minute walk to tour starting location.
- Eiffel Tower & Seine Cruise – Land, sea, and air: Explore the Trocadéro Gardens, cruise along the Seine and skip the line to the Eiffel Tower 2nd floor observation platform on this guided tour. 14-minute walk to tour starting location.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Atelier Vivanda – Smallish but excellent French steakhouse with rustic décor and friendly service. 6-minute walk.
- Le Maxan – Modern but cozy French restaurant that serves a mean croque mignon. 8-minute walk.
- La Haute Cloche – Traditional, seasonal French cuisine in an intimate atmosphere that falls somewhere between a bistro and brasserie. 9-minute walk.
- Miss Kô – Sushi and Asian fusion, with fantastic Philippe Starck-designed interior. 9-minute walk.
- Étude – Modern vegetable-centric fine dining – an excellent meal out for vegetarians and vegans. 9-minute walk.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées. 9-minute walk.
- Pierre Gagnaire – 3-star Michelin, contemporary French cooking, seafood heavy, dress code. 10-minute walk.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code. 11-minute walk.
- La Belle Ferronniére – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables. 11-minute walk.
- Baaga Burger – Casual spot for high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro. 11-minute walk.
- Essaioura – Great Moroccan cuisine two blocks from the Trocadéro. 11-minute walk.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch. 13-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le SpeakEasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended. 5-minute walk.
- The Cave Brut – Wine, cheese, and charcuterie in an intimate, friendly setting. 6-minute walk.
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris. 9-minute walk.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier. 10-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pierre Herme – Award-winning pastry chef. Try the signature “Ispahan” macaron – a blend of rosewater, raspberry and lychee. 5-minute walk.
- Patrick Roger – Award-winning chocolatier. 8-minute walk.
- Hermés – Luxury accessories; famous for silk scarves and its popular “Birkin” bag. 9-minute walk.
- Point Plume – Luxury pens? Luxury pens. 10-minute walk.
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about. 12-minute walk.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc. 16-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Kléber – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and skin care products.11-minute walk.
- Monop’ – Small grocery selling food, wine, snacks, and staples. 6-minute walk.
- Carrefour City – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor. 9-minute walk.
- Marché President Wilson – Lovely street market selling flowers, produce, cheese, fish, and roast chicken. 13-minute walk.
- Rue Poncelet Market – Charming farmers’ market near the Arc de Triomphe. Fruits, vegetables, flowers, cheese, seafood. 13-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Arc de Triomphe – 8-minute walk.
- Asian Arts Museum – 9-minute walk.
- Champs Elysées – 10-minute walk.
- Yves Saint Laurent Museum – 11-minute walk.
- Palais de Tokyo – 13-minute walk.
- Palais Galliera (Fashion Museum) – 13-minute walk.
- Paris Museum of Modern Art – 14-minute walk.
- Crazy Horse Burlesque & Cabaret – 14-minute walk.
- Seine River – 15-minute walk.
- Avenue Montaigne – 16-minute walk.
- Trocadéro Gardens – 17-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – 23-minute walk.