Home > Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach Review
Updated: September 10, 2020
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – Quality serviced apartments and penthouses at Perth’s most popular beach.
Dominating a corner about 100m from the main road through Scarborough Beach, the colorful Ramada offers a range of self-contained apartments available for overnight or longer holidays. Each features a kitchenette, separate living area with a dining table and second TV, and effective soundproofing. The larger ones also have study areas and balconies with outdoor furniture, and the split-level penthouses with three or four bedrooms are especially opulent and spacious. No pool, but the main selling points are, of course, the beach and all the seaside amenities (many fabulous for families) only a couple of minutes away on foot.
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – The Location
- Address: 48A Filburn Street, Scarborough, a suburban beach in western Perth. About 2 blocks from the sea.
- Area: The foreshore along Perth’s most popular city beach underwent a major redevelopment in recent years and added a modest range of inviting bars and cafés along the beachfront.
- How to Get There: Bus #990 marked ‘Scarborough Beach’ leaves every 10 minutes or so from the highly functional Perth Busport station in the city center. The final stop is at a terminal nearby (0.1 mile, 3-minute walk). Confusingly, there are 4 terminals across the separate (but nearby) international (19 miles, 40-minute drive) and domestic (16 miles, 35-minute drive) airports. Only real options are door-to-door shuttle buses by Perth City Shuttle or Just Transfers and taxis for about A$80. (See ‘Local Transport’ below for more information about taxis and ride-shares.) Free shuttle buses operate 24/7 between the 2 airports. Note: Always double-check which terminal your flight arrives at/departs from.
- Handy to: Scarborough Beach (see below).
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly on holidays, especially those staying for a week or longer. Focus on families.
- Pets: Only service animals (e.g. guide dogs) allowed.
- Views: Only the apartments and penthouses on higher floors offer views of the sea.
- Kitchen: All apartments feature kitchenettes and the penthouses have full-sized kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not provided (or expected).
- Extras: Free use of a mobile phone for internet and local/international calls.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Secure undercover parking available on-site for a small daily fee or park along the nearby streets for free, though time limits may apply.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)8 6248 7000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ramadavetrobluscarboroughbeach.com
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly, there is no pool.
- Spa: Not expected (or provided) at this sort of apartment complex.
- Fitness Center: Small gym but probably good enough considering most guests are families on holiday.
- Other Facilities: Dry-cleaning. Laundry.
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Like most places offering apartments with cooking facilities, there is no café or bar on-site, but many options are nearby (see later).
- Breakfast: Not provided because there is no restaurant on-site.
- Room Service: Not available.
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: King Standard Rooms (also called Studios) • King Standard Suites (1, 2, or 3 bedrooms) • King Standard Business (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Penthouses (3 or 4 bedrooms)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Best Room: The split-level Penthouses, with 3 or 4 bedrooms, are opulent and feature full-sized kitchens, laundry, powder rooms, balconies, and a TV in every bedroom.
- For Families: The 1-bedroom apartments can accommodate 4 people and those with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms are comfortable enough for 6. Penthouses are fine for 8.
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: A fantastic coastal path for walking, jogging, and cycling is close to the hotel. The path extends for 11 miles south to the rejuvenated port precinct of Fremantle and 12 miles north to Burns Beach. Shared-bikes can be rented through Spinway – the closest pickup point is outside the huge Rendezvous hotel (0.2 mile, 4-minute walk).
- Taxis & Ride-shares: There are very few taxis along the streets of Scarborough, so it’s better to organize through the 2 major companies: Swan Taxis (phone 131330) and Black & White Cabs (phone 133222). Ride-shares are also available through Uber, Ola, and DiDi.
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Ask management about its ‘chargeback’ system where guests can add the cost of food/drink at some local eateries to their hotel bill. Most restaurants sell alcohol and all pubs serve meals.
- On the ground floor of the Ramada building is a Domino’s Pizza outlet and Health Freak Café Scarborough which offers a scrumptious array of organic food.
It’s better, however, to wine and dine along The Esplanade. Places listed below are close by and easy to find:
- The Sandbar – Huge pub on a corner facing the sea north of Seashells. Al fresco dining, fabulous beach vibe, and live music on weekends. 3-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- The Peach Pit – Lovely bistro with plenty of outdoor seating. For burgers as well as healthy and vegetarian options. Just past The Sandbar. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- The Lookout – Iconic hangout, popular among families. Pub with snooker tables, nightclub, bistro with food specials, and even a bowling alley. So casual, guests can wear swimming gear. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- La Capannina – Million-dollar views, Italian fare, classy décor, and attentive service. Above the Scarborough Beach Pool (see below). 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Cocolat – At ground level below La Capannina for views, amazing breeze, and casual meals. Always popular, especially for its desserts, gelato, and coffee. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
The main attraction is, of course, the beach, as well as water sports (e.g. surfing, paddle-boarding, and kite-surfing).
- Scarborough Beach Pool – Popular, with two heated pools – one for laps, the other ideal for families. Also along the foreshore are an adventure playground, free barbecue facilities, climbing wall, basketball court, and cycling path (see above). On The Esplanade, south of the hotel. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach – The Hotel
All Perth Hotel Reviews
- The Adnate
- Alex Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Northbridge
- Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges
- Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
- Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle
- ibis Styles East Perth Hotel
- Mercure Perth
- Novotel Perth Murray Street
- QT Perth
- Quay Perth
- The Ritz-Carlton, Perth
- Seashells Scarborough
- Tribe Perth