Home > The Ritz-Carlton, Perth Review
Updated: September 10, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – So new, luxurious, and swish – and exceptional for families.
The towering Ritz-Carlton arguably boasts the finest location in Perth and is certainly the only hotel within Elizabeth Quay, a rejuvenated inner-city precinct of cafés and cruises. All rooms and suites are incredibly spacious and most feature floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning views of the city and river. The amenities such as the terraced resort-style pool are even more impressive and with a kids club, albeit modest, it caters very well for families.
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – The Location
- Address: 1 Barrack Street, Elizabeth Quay, on the southern edge of the city center. Another tower alongside has a similar design and height, so finding the correct entrance could be confusing.
- Area: The only hotel within Elizabeth Quay, which is based around an inlet of the Swan River. Newly redeveloped, this wonderful, rejuvenated precinct is a steepish half-mile walk to downtown.
- How to Get There: Confusingly, there are 4 terminals across the separate (but nearby) international (10 miles, 30-minute drive) and domestic (8 miles, 30-minute drive) airports. Only real options are door-to-door shuttle buses by Perth City Shuttle or Just Transfers and taxis for about A$50. (See ‘Local Transport’ below for more information about taxis and ride-shares.) Also, express public buses (45-60 minutes) #380 (for Terminals 1 and 2) and #40 (for Terminals 3 and 4) stop at the Elizabeth Quay Bus Station (0.3 mile, 7-minute walk). Free shuttle buses operate 24/7 between the 2 airports. Note: Always double-check which terminal your flight arrives at/departs from.
- Handy to: Elizabeth Quay (see below).
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – The Basics
- Guests: Business people and high-end tourists. Also caters very well for families.
- Pets: Only service animals (e.g. guide dogs) allowed.
- Kids Club: Almost unique among rival hotels is the Ritz Kids Club. No dedicated games room or organized activities, but children feel special with a ‘personal check-in’ and ‘Adventurer Passport’. Even a ‘camping’ experience with a tent inside the room can be arranged.
- Views: Some views are obstructed by a lofty apartment block alongside but most rooms directly face the water or city.
- Kitchen: The largest suites feature kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not provided.
- Extras: Club Lounge for guests in special rooms and suites.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: No parking on-site. Ask management about options when booking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)8 6559 6888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ritzcarlton.com
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – Amenities
- Pool: Heated, outdoors, and with infinity edges, it’s the sort of pool found at a beach resort rather than an inner-city hotel. Sweeping views across Elizabeth Quay and café/bar alongside.
- Spa: The huge spa offers a range of massages, facials, and other treatments that soothe the body, soul, and mind – some are designed for couples.
- Fitness Center: Very well-equipped and the views are as impressive as those from many suites. Open 24/7 and separate saunas for men/women.
- Other Facilities: Business services.
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Songbird Bar & Lounge – Super-swish bar with terrace alongside the pool and perfect for admiring Perth’s legendary sunsets. Fresh seafood, signature cocktails, and craft beers. • Hearth Restaurant – Ground-floor bistro offering a unique all-day menu using the freshest ingredients. Spacious, chic, and colorful. • Hearth Lounge – Attached to the restaurant, this bar features comfy sofas and an airy setting. With water views and chairs along the sidewalk, it’s also renowned for its High Teas (most afternoons).
- Breakfast: Not included but available for an extra cost.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Swan River King Rooms • Studio Park King Rooms • Premium Twin Rooms • Elizabeth Quay Suites • Langley Park Suites • The Ritz-Carlton Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed anywhere on the hotel premises.
- Best Room: The signature Ritz-Carlton Suites are more than four times larger than any other room in the hotel. Each suite has a private work area, separate living room, kitchenette, and finest possible river views.
- For Families: Most rooms and suites can easily accommodate 3 people each, while the Premium Twin Rooms and Ritz-Carlton Suites can fit in 4 each.
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With parks nearby, minimal traffic, and so much to see, walking and cycling in this area is particularly enjoyable. Elizabeth Quay is part of the fantastic 17-mile long Perth Discoverer cycling trail that skirts the edge of downtown, meanders along the foreshore of Swan River, and circles the massive Kings Park in West Perth. Shared-bikes can be rented through Spinway and can be picked up and dropped off at a point just outside the hotel.
- Buses, Trains & Ferries: The excellent public transport system includes the 4 free CAT bus services around the city center, West Perth, East Perth, and Northbridge respectively. Buses travel every few minutes daily from about 6 am to 7 pm (until later on Fridays and Saturdays). The Blue CAT and Green CAT buses loop around Elizabeth Quay. Trains to the re-energized port and seaside district of Fremantle leave from the Perth Underground station (0.5 mile, 11-minute walk north up William Street). From Elizabeth Quay, ferries head to South Perth for Perth Zoo.
- Taxis & Ride-shares: There are plenty of taxis along the city streets, or organize a pick-up through the 2 major companies: Swan Taxis (phone 131330) and Black & White Cabs (phone 133222). Ride-shares are also available through Uber, Ola, and DiDi.
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
All pubs serve meals and most restaurants sell alcohol. All places listed below are easy to find in the Elizabeth Quay precinct.
- The Reveley – Triple-level building offering fabulous views from the rooftop bar. Modern Australian cuisine, classy service, and family-friendly. 2-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- Amberjacks – Pleasant waterfront setting for fish and chips and other casual meals. 3-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- Riverside Café, Bar & Restaurant – Tables spread across a deck above the water. Contemporary Australian cuisine and ideal while waiting for a ferry or cruise (see below). 3-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- The Lucky Shag Waterfront Bar – Appealing waterside position quietly set back from the crowds. Pub-style meals, signature cocktails, and live music sometimes. 3-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- The Island at Elizabeth Quay – An extended complex with a coffee shop, microbrewery, and ‘ritzy’ restaurant. Also, water views, play area for the young ones, and live music weekends on an outdoor stage. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – The Hotel
All Perth Hotel Reviews
- The Adnate
- Alex Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Northbridge
- Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges
- Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
- Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle
- ibis Styles East Perth Hotel
- Mercure Perth
- Novotel Perth Murray Street
- QT Perth
- Quay Perth
- Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach
- Seashells Scarborough
- Tribe Perth