Home > Seashells Scarborough Perth Review
Updated: September 9, 2020
Seashells Scarborough – Affordable mid-range apartments facing Perth’s premier city beach.
Oozing an adorable seaside holiday vibe, this cluster of apartments boasts a perfect position facing a quieter section of the beach. Apartments are fully contained – laundry, large kitchens/living areas, and balconies with tables and chairs – and many offer direct sea views. With up to three bedrooms, all apartments are very spacious and comfortable for families. Bonuses, unheard of in the city center, include free car parking and barbecue facilities alongside both pools. Also, it’s within a short stroll of classy places to eat and drink as well as the public pool, adventure playground, and cycling path.
Seashells Scarborough – The Location
- Address: 178 The Esplanade, Scarborough, a suburban beach in western Perth.
- Area: The foreshore along Perth’s most popular city beach underwent a major redevelopment in recent years and added a modest range of inviting bars and cafés along the beachfront.
- How to Get There: Bus #990 marked ‘Scarborough Beach’ leaves every 10 minutes or so from the highly functional Perth Busport station in the city center. The final stop is at a terminal nearby (0.2 mile, 4-minute walk). Confusingly, there are 4 terminals across the separate (but nearby) international (20 miles, 40-minute drive) and domestic (16 miles, 35-minute drive) airports. Only real options are door-to-door shuttle buses by Perth City Shuttle or Just Transfers and taxis for about A$80. (See ‘Local Transport’ below for more information about taxis and ride-shares.) Free shuttle buses operate 24/7 between the 2 airports. Note: Always double-check which terminal your flight arrives at/departs from.
- Handy to: Scarborough Beach (see below).
Seashells Scarborough – The Basics
- Guests: Almost all guests are on holiday and many are families.
- Pets: Only service animals (e.g. guide dogs) are allowed.
- Views: Most apartments, particularly on the higher floors, offer direct views of a quiet section of the esplanade and the beach 100m beyond that.
- Kitchen: All apartments feature large fully-equipped kitchens with dishwashers.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not provided (or expected) at these mid-range, family-oriented apartments in the suburbs.
- Extras: Free in-room movies and use of DVD player.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests but daily limits do apply, so check when booking.
- Parking: Free parking on-site; outside and undercover.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)8 9341 9600
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: seashells.com.au
Seashells Scarborough – Amenities
- Pools: Two outdoor pools. One faces the sea; the other is heated and at the back of the main building. Sauna attached to one and free barbecue facilities alongside both.
- Spa: Not expected (or provided) at this sort of suburban apartment complex.
- Fitness Center: Not provided but not really expected either.
Seashells Scarborough – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: With all apartments featuring kitchens, there is no restaurant or bar on-site.
- Breakfast: All apartments have kitchens, so there is no restaurant serving meals.
- Room Service: With no restaurant on-site, room service is not available. Apartments are serviced (e.g. linen changed) mid-week for longer stays.
Seashells Scarborough – Rooms
- Room Types: Seashells 1 or 2 Bedroom Apartments • Seashells 2 Bedroom Deluxe Apartments • Seashells 2 Bedroom Wing Apartments • Collections 2 Bedroom Apartments • Collections 2 Bedroom Apartments • Collections 2 Bedroom Deluxe Apartments • Sandcastles 3 Bedroom Apartments
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking is allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Best Room: The Deluxe Apartments on the higher floors offer the finest views.
- For Families: As all apartments are self-contained, they are a fabulous option for families. Those with 2 or 3 bedrooms can accommodate 4 or 6 people respectively without feeling cramped.
Seashells Scarborough – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: A fantastic coastal path for walking, jogging, and cycling in front of the hotel extends for 11 miles south to the rejuvenated port precinct of Fremantle and 12 miles north to Burns Beach. Shared-bikes can be rented through Spinway – the closest pickup point is outside the huge Rendezvous hotel (0.2 mile, 5-minute walk).
- Taxis & Ride-shares: There are very few taxis along the streets of Scarborough, so it’s better to organize through the 2 major companies: Swan Taxis (phone 131330) and Black & White Cabs (phone 133222). Ride-shares are also available through Uber, Ola, and DiDi.
Seashells Scarborough – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Most restaurants sell alcohol and all pubs serve meals.
- At the ground level of an adjoining building, these 2 casual cafés offer inexpensive meals and street-side tables: The Wild Fig (also an innovative menu) and Grill’d Scarborough (specializes in healthy burgers). 1-minute walk (100m).
- La Capannina – Million-dollar views, Italian fare, classy décor, and attentive service. Above the Scarborough Beach Pool (see below). 2-minute walk (150m).
- The Sandbar – Huge pub on a corner facing the sea north of Seashells. Al fresco dining, fabulous beach vibe, and live music on weekends. 3-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- The Peach Pit – Lovely bistro with plenty of outdoor seating. For burgers as well as healthy and vegetarian options. Just past The Sandbar. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
The main attraction is, of course, the beach, as well as water sports (e.g. surfing, paddle-boarding, and kite-surfing).
- Scarborough Beach Pool – Popular, with two heated pools – one for laps, the other ideal for families. Also along the foreshore are an adventure playground, free barbecue facilities, climbing wall, basketball court, and cycling path (see above). 2-minute walk (150m).
Seashells Scarborough – The Hotel
All Perth Hotel Reviews
- The Adnate
- Alex Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Northbridge
- Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges
- Holiday Inn Perth City Centre
- Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle
- ibis Styles East Perth Hotel
- Mercure Perth
- Novotel Perth Murray Street
- QT Perth
- Quay Perth
- Ramada VetroBlu Scarborough Beach
- The Ritz-Carlton, Perth
- Tribe Perth