Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – Beautiful hotel in a historic building by the pier.
This hotel was crafted within a converted warehouse on a pier almost underneath the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge. Hence, the hotel maintains the original structure, with rooms featuring wooden beams, steel pillars, and ironwork across the ceilings. The lovely standard rooms, with their polished floorboards and marble-top desks, provide an ambiance rarely experienced in city-center high-rises. On the ground floor, double doors open to a private patio. The rooms on the upper floors offer more color and a different layout, and interconnecting rooms are available for families. A harbor-side path from The Pier One finishes at the renowned Sydney Opera House and passes The Rocks (for cafés) and Circular Quay (for trains and ferries).
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – The Basics
- Location: Hickson Road, at the northern end of The Rocks.
- Guests: Seems primarily designed for couples and small groups of holiday goers.
- Pets: Allowed in ground floor rooms for A$90.
- Views: Of the thin bay from both sides, but far better in the suites on the upper floors.
- Wi-Fi: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Available for A$55 per day.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 8298 9777
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: pieronesydneyharbour.com.au
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – Amenities
- Pool & Spa: Not expected or provided in this heritage-listed boutique hotel.
- Fitness Centre: Free access to the well-equipped Aspire Fitness gym alongside.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: The Gantry Restaurant & Bar features an award-winning chef and vast menu, with plenty of options for vegetarians • The Kerrigan is a casual café/bar with a heavenly waterside setting, and specializes in grilled meat and seafood
- Lounge/Bar: The Pier One Bar is trendy and popular for its harbor-side setting and fancy cocktails.
- Breakfast: Included in some hotel rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – Rooms
- Room Types: Admiral Suite • Harbour View Balcony Suite • Walsh Bay Suite • Harbour View Suite • Hickson Suite • Waterside King Room • Heritage Superior or King Room
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Admiral Suites offer divine views across the harbor from the floor-to-ceiling windows and large balconies.
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The Rocks is heaving with superb places to eat and drink, including:
- Wild Ginger Dining & Bar – Refined Thai restaurant specializing in seafood, with superb views.
- Caminetto – Pasta, pizza, veal, and wine, particularly intimate and romantic.
- Quay – Multi-award-winning, with modern cuisine and sublime views.
- Harbour View Hotel – Friendly pub with affordable meals.
- Less than 10 minutes on foot to Circular Quay, with a train station and ferry terminal.
Pier One Sydney Harbour – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach