Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – Boutique hotel on the northern edge of Vondelpark.
This 30-room boutique hotel is a study in tranquillity – from its quiet location next to Amsterdam’s largest green space to its snug, carpeted rooms decked out in grays and creams, and adorned with fresh flowers. There is novel around-the-clock dining onsite, the service is efficient and helpful, and the hotel is a peaceful retreat with easy access to the city’s main attractions.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – Location
- Address: Anna van Den Vondelstraat 6, 1054 GZ Amsterdam
- Nearest Tram: Jan Pieter Heijestraat.
- Area: Quiet street near the northern edge of Vondelpark. Museumplein is a 15-minute walk away; lively Leidseplein is 15 minutes on foot; there are numerous dining options nearby and frequent trams run to the Medieval Center and Centraal Station. The nearest tram stop is 4 minutes on foot.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then tram #17 to the Jan Pieter Heijestraat stop, a 4-minute walk from the hotel.
- Handy to: Van Gogh Museum, Stedelijk Museum, Rijksmuseum, Vondelpark.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – The Basics
- Ages: This is a grown-up hotel popular with visitors on a city break, and business travelers.
- View: Views of the city gables or Vondelpark from the rooms; the Grand Deluxe, in particular, offers panoramic city views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools/jacuzzi.
- Laundry: In-room laundry service.
- Extras: Bicycles available for rent; turn-down service; the restaurant is open around the clock; The Living doubles as a living area and workspace for guests, and mod cons in the rooms include smart control panels for the lights and a Tivoli sound system with Bluetooth streaming.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-683-3013
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: pillowshotels.com
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Not suitable for disabled guests due.
- For Families: No specific family-friendly amenities.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Overlooking the garden, The Living (24/7) is a boon for night owls as it’s open around the clock. The menu is globally-inspired comfort food (mini-burgers, Caesar salad, dim sum, croquet monsieur bites). In the open “Domestic Kitchen”, guest chefs prepare multi-course, prix fixe dinners from Tuesday to Friday. • $$-$$$.
- Lounge/Bar: Alcoholic beverages – mostly French wines and Dutch beers – are available at The Living. There is no bar area as such, but there are banquettes to lounge around on.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Lavish continental buffet with eggs cooked to order available from 7.30-10.30 am in The Living; €25 per person.
- Room Service: Snacks and light meals available around the clock.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – Rooms
- Room Types: Small Luxury Room • Luxury Room • Deluxe Room • Grand Deluxe Room • Pillows Suite
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The Pillows Suite is the only room with both a bath and shower and comes with a private terrace and tranquil garden views. Solo travelers and fans of Mrs. Rochester may appreciate the Small Luxury Rooms in the attic.
- For Families: No family rooms.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – Local Transport
- Walking: Easy walking distance to Vondelpark, the Museum Quarter, and the fashion boutiques along Cornelis Schuytstraat and PC Hooftstraat.
- Tram: Direct tram connections from the nearby Jan Pieter Heijestraat stop to Centraal Station (20 minutes) via the historic canal ring (6 minutes) and the Medieval Center (12 minutes).
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – What’s Nearby?
- Lalibela – The oldest of Amsterdam’s many Ethiopian restaurants. Dip your spongy injera pancake in spicy stew and wash it down with Ethiopian beer from a half-gourd. 5-minute walk.
- Abyssinia – Atmospheric Ethiopian restaurant serving Ethiopians and Eritrean dishes (including many vegetarian options) to the accompaniment of honey wine, banana beer, and 1930’s Ethiopian jazz. 5-minute walk.
- Lunchroom Wilhelmina – Lunch spot popular with locals; quiches, salads, soups, and brunch specials. 6-minute walk.
- Alchemist Garden – Bright, welcoming vegan café; menu includes pesto-stuffed Portobello mushrooms, raw vegetable pies, smoothies, and juices. Gluten and glucose-free dishes available. 7-minute walk.
- Fondue & Fondue – Meat, fish, and cheese fondue, plus a fine wine list. All fondues are for 2 people, so bring a friend or a date. 8-minute walk.
- Seafood Bar – Casual seafood joint specializing in fish and chips as well as seafood platters. 9-minute walk.
- Dikke Graaf – Stylish Mediterranean restaurant, fabulous antipasti, nightly-changing meat and fish dishes, and excellent gin cocktails and by-the-glass wines. 10-minute walk.
- Taiko Restaurant – Elegant Japanese-inspired cuisine inside Conservatorium Hotel: from sushi, sashimi, and Wagyu beef on the grill to the splurge-worthy 8-course omakase menu. Reservations essential. 10-minute walk.
- Adam – Elegant setting, beautifully presented, imaginative fine dining, romantic ambience. Reservations. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- ‘t Blauwe Theehuis – Flying-saucer-shaped 1930’s Modernist pavilion right in the heart of Vondelpark; come here for a cocktail or coffee and cake. 4-minute walk.
- Gollem’s Proeflokaal – Over 250 Belgian bottled beers and almost 3 dozen on tap, accompanied by Flemish stew and Trappist cheese fondue. 4-minute walk.
- Golden Brown Bar – Trendy split-level bar with velvet sofas and excellent cocktails and Thai food. 7-minute walk.
- Craft & Draft – Craft beer bar with 40 beers on tap from around the globe. 8-minute walk.
- Taiko Bar – Imaginative gin cocktails (among others) executed with flair at this stylish bar inside the Conservatorium Hotel. 11-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pied a Terre – Europe’s largest travel bookshop with a staggering array of travel guides, maps, globes, and much more. 4-minute walk.
- Goochem Speelgoed – Toys ranging from cuddly to educational, puzzles, musical instruments, and much more. 7-minute walk.
- Bever – Outdoor gear from one of the Netherlands’ top retailers, from hiking apparel to backpacks and tents. 10-minute walk.
- Johnny at the Spot – Hip men’s and women’s clothing by Dutch and global designers such as Seletti, Jansen & Co., Second Female, Humanoid, and Junk de Luxe. Also cool homeware by the likes of &klevering. 10-minute walk.
- Nikkie – Street-smart women’s fashion designed by former Dutch actress Nikkie Plessen. 11-minute walk.
- Manwood – Heels, boots, shoes, sneakers, and other stylish men’s and women’s footwear by Dutch designers and several select international labels. 11-minute walk.
- Buise – Upscale women’s wear, including sweatshirts by Paul & Joe Sister, floral prints by Black Coral, and jackets by Isabel Marant. 11-minute walk.
- Ennu – Men’s and women’s fashion from the likes of If Six Was Nine, Rick Owens, LGB, and Ann Demeulemeester. 11-minute walk.
- VLVT – Stylish women’s wear by Dutch designers such as Anna + Nina and ByDanie; also international labels such as Pinko, Boy London, and Lola Cruz. 12-minute walk.
- Bierbaum – Beer specialty store selling over 300 bottled brews from around the world. 18 minutes.
Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
- Sir Adam Hotel
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide