Aria Hotel Prague – The perfect harmony of modern comfort in a historic district.
From a dedicated music concierge and elegant atrium winter garden lounge to the jazz, classical, opera, or contemporary themed rooms and rooftop dining with views of St Nicholas Church, every detail of this place is refined to melodious perfection. All rooms are spacious and designed with a charming mix of modern comforts, with hat tips to history such as antique furniture pieces or classic sculptures. The location pushes what would already be a fabulous hotel into dream status: walk out one side of the hotel to cobblestone streets out of a storybook; walk out the other side to the baroque Vrtba Garden, one of the prettiest spots in the city that will feel like your own secret.
Aria Hotel Prague – Location
- Address: Tržiště 9, Malá Strana, Prague 1.
- Nearest Metro/Subway: Malostranská (0.5 mile).
- Area: Prime location in the heart of fairytale-like Malá Strana that’s close to many major sites, shops, and restaurants in the neighborhood. It’s also only an 11-minute walk (0.4 mile) to Prague Castle and about 7 minutes (0.4 mile) to the incredibly scenic Charles Bridge, where you can cross the Danube River and head into Old Town. The area itself is busy and upscale.
- How to Get There: It’s a 2-minute walk (0.1 mile) to the Malostranské Náměstítram stop where you can hop on the useful #97 tram that runs across the Legion Bridge at the border of Old and New Towns. It’s about a 10-minute walk (0.5 mile) to the Malostranská Metro station, but the tram will almost always be a better option. It takes about 25 minutes (9 miles) to reach the hotel by cab from Václav Havel Airport Prague and about 12 minutes (3 miles) from Praha Hlavní Nádraží train station.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €30 from Václav Havel Airport Prague – but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
- Handy to: St Nicholas Church, Charles Bridge, Nerudova Street.
Aria Hotel Prague – The Basics
- Ages: The hotel attracts mostly couples on a city break and people over 50, as well as some families.
- View: Rooms have views of either St Nicholas Church, the beautiful Vrtba Garden, or the atrium courtyard.
- Parking: The hotel has its own parking garage.
- Extras: Free access to the Vrtba Garden, the oldest baroque garden in Central Europe, a music concierge, free music to check out and listen to, afternoon piano recitals with free wine and cheese in the atrium courtyard every afternoon, and a small on-site cinema.
- When to Book: 1-2 months in advance for dates in May to September and in December around the Christmas holidays. Book even further ahead if you want a specific room. At other times, 2 weeks ahead should suffice.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +420 225-334-111
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ariahotel.net
Aria Hotel Prague – Amenities
- Spa: There’s no spa, but there is a massage room, and in-room massages are also available.
- Fitness Center: Small fitness center with steam room. Open 8 am to 9 pm.
- For Disabled Guests: There are elevators to upper floors but no specially adapted rooms.
- For Families: The hotel is very welcoming to families and will adapt all services to kids, from finding just the right music to showing family-friendly movies in the on-site cinema.
- Other Facilities: Cinema, access to gorgeous Vrtba Garden.
Aria Hotel Prague – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The CODA Restaurant serves a seasonally driven menu of modern Czech cuisine using primarily locally-produced ingredients. From spring to summer, you’ll certainly want to dine on the rooftop terrace with direct views of St Nicholas Church and beyond – when it’s open, it books up fast, so be sure to reserve. Otherwise, the elegant indoor dining room with a grand piano is open year-round. Open from 7 am-11:30 pm. $$$.
- Lounge/Bar: There’s a well-stocked bar by the indoor restaurant, or you can always have a drink on the rooftop terrace when weather permits.
- Breakfast: Complimentary. Buffet served in the winter garden atrium area with coffee and fruits available until 11 am.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Aria Hotel Prague – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe • Junior Suite King, Junior Suite Twin • American Rock Suite • Dvorak Luxury Suite • Smetana Luxury Suite • Beethoven Luxury Suite • Blues Luxury Suite • Mozart Luxury Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The Aria Hotel Prague is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The two-bedroom Mozart Luxury Suite fills with light from windows overlooking the stunning Vrtba Garden like it’s out of some romantic movie. The dusky light pink velvet upholstery mingles perfectly with neutral tones and with a living room plus kitchenette, this room feels like an apartment. All rooms come with king beds, air-conditioning, TVs with Blu-ray players, Apple TV, music systems with amplifiers, iPads, laptop-sized safes, minibars, and Molton Brown toiletries, bathtubs, bathrobes, and slippers in the bathrooms.
- For Families: Both the Beethoven and Mozart Luxury Suites have 2 bedrooms and a kitchenette and are great choices for families. The Mozart Suite is a floor above the Beethoven Suite and has bigger windows and a warmer color scheme, so it feels much brighter.
Aria Hotel Prague – Local Transport
- Walking: This is walking heaven. Head uphill 11 minutes (0.4 mile) for a bit of a workout and reach Prague Castle, or head down a slight slope for 7 minutes (0.4 mile) to get to Charles Bridge. Or just wander aimlessly because every corner of this neighborhood is a delight.
- Subway and Bus: Tram is your best choice here with the Malostranské Náměstítram stop only a 2-minute walk (0.1 mile) away.
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft: Uber works well in Prague, or ask the hotel to arrange a taxi or private driver for you.
Aria Hotel Prague – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Prague Stories by Alena – A special crew leading excellent specialty tours around the city – from Jewish history to shopping. Start location: Hotel pick-up.
- Taste of Prague – Small (up to 10 people) 4-hour tours geared toward teaching about Czech culture via delicious food. Led by a local guide and includes beer and wine too. Start location: Depends on tour.
- Prague Venice – Set off in a Venetian-style gondola from underneath the Charles Bridge for these well-run and fun 45-minute boat tours. Start location: 0.6 mile.
- Historical Tram No 41 – This old-fashioned tram is a fun activity for families and runs on weekends, spring through fall, from the Museum of Transportation to the Výstaviště exhibition area about 2 miles away. Start location: Pražský hrad stop near Prague Castle (0.6 mile).
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Malostransky Hostinec – Traditional Czech fare in a similarly traditional setting with a view of the castle and over 50 beers to choose from. (100m).
- Café de Paris – Simple, elegant café serving French basics in a cozy atmosphere. (0.2 mile).
- Augustine – Fine European/Czech dining in a beautiful old monastery courtyard at the Augustine Hotel. (0.2 mile).
- U Zlaté Studne – Fine Czech dining at the sister property, Golden Well Hotel, with one of the best views in town. (0.3 mile).
- Hergetova Cihelna – It’s all about the river view here, although the food – Mediterranean to Asian – is good too. (0.4 mile).
- Ichnusa Botega Bistro – The owner of this Italian place sources many of his ingredients from Sardinia, and you can taste the difference. (0.6 mile).
- Café Savoy – Refined and lovely belle époque European-style place with something for everyone. (0.6 mile).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- U Staré Studny – Cognac and wine bar with a menu of over 100 noble spirits, many from small producers. (25m).
- U Maleho Glena – Excellent, long-running jazz bar with live acts and Sunday jam sessions. (100m).
- Mourenina Wine Bar – Friendly staff and excellent wines paired with small bites. (125m).
- U Glaubicu – Cavernous, classic Czech pub that also serves hearty, homestyle food. (0.1 mile).
- Bluelight – Hip cocktail bar with graffiti and memorabilia adorned walls. (0.2 mile).
- Vinograf – Excellent wine bar where you can discover the best Bohemian and Monrovian wines. (0.3 mile).
- Vojanuv Dvur Brewery – First microbrewery in Malá Strana, opened in 2018. It has a great front terrace. (0.5 mile).
Best Nearby Cafés
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- ARTĚL Design Store – Find traditional Bohemian handblown glassware at this gorgeous shop. (0.3 mile).
- Shakespeare & Sons – Legendary bookshop and literary hub. (0.3 mile).
- The Chemistry Design Store – Ever-changing collection of art to ceramics and jewelry by Czech designers. (0.3 mile).
- Loutky Marionettes – Fun shop with tons of whimsical to spooky traditional and handmade Czech puppets. (0.3 mile).
- St Nicholas Church – Stunning baroque church, inside and out, that dominates the Malá Strana neighborhood. (0.1 mile).
- Museum of the Infant Jesus of Prague – Located in the Church of Our Lady Victorious, this 17th-century statue of baby Jesus from Spain is said to have protected the city of Prague ever since. The museum features the infant’s impressive wardrobe of outfits. (0.1 mile).
- Nerudova Street – This famous and picturesque street, full of souvenir shops, leads up to Prague Castle. (0.1 mile).
- John Lennon Wall – A work of graffiti art, this wall started as a portrait of John Lennon and since 1989, has been a place where many have left their messages of peace. (0.2 mile).
- Charles Bridge – Ancient pedestrian bridge filled with statues, buskers, crowds and beautiful views of Prague. Walk across to get to the old and new centers of the city. (0.4 mile).
- Wallenstein Garden – Peaceful baroque garden and one of the few beautiful and connecting green spaces in this part of town. (0.4 mile).
- Prague Castle – Prague’s number one sight is a massive hilltop complex housing grand royal buildings, museums, and gardens. (0.4 mile).
- St Vitus Cathedral – 14th-century cathedral and a masterpiece with gargoyles on the outside, stained glass on the inside, and ceilings and spires that seem impossibly high. (0.5 mile).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Ovoce O Zelenina – Greengrocer right across the street from the hotel.
- Vacek Bio Market – Well-stocked little market. (0.2 mile).
Aria Hotel Prague – The Hotel
All Prague Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Prague
- Best Hotels for Families in Prague
- Best Boutique Hotels in Prague
- Best Budget Hotels in Prague
- Where to Stay in Prague
- Best Time to Visit Prague
- Best Hotels in Berlin
- Best Hotels for Families in Berlin
- Best Boutique Hotels in Berlin
- Where to Stay in Berlin
- Best Time to Visit Berlin