Prama Sanur Beach – Massive family-friendly beach-side resort.
The Prama is on the southern edge of Sanur, in a classy area with fewer (but enough) cafés and shops, and also far less traffic and crowds. The unusual enclosed lobby opens out to expansive lawns dotted with swaying palms and stylishly-designed gardens. Despite all the space, rooms seem clustered together and are too far from the sea for any worthwhile views. Superior rooms are comfortable, while Deluxe rooms are more spacious. The beach is immaculately-groomed, wide, and virtually private, and the main pool is gigantic and sparkling blue. Added attractions are the bright and inviting kids club offering numerous activities, children’s pool with waterslide and playground inside, and numerous gazebos large enough for families of four.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Prama Sanur Beach – The Location
- Area: Between the beach and street, in the very quiet southern part of Sanur. Enough facilities in both directions.
- Address: Jl. Cemara, Sanur, an extension of the main street (Jalan Danau Tamblingan) through Sanur, a comparatively relaxed region in southern Bali. The lobby is about 150m back from the street.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (14 km), depending on traffic.
Prama Sanur Beach – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well to families, but couples of all ages would also be happy at the Prama.
- Kids Club: Bright, colorful, and inviting, with plenty of supervised activities.
- Beach: Long, wide, and spotless. More private than others (but still open to the public like all beaches in Sanur). Not much shade, however.
- Views: Most rooms face the thriving gardens, while some offer distant glimpses of the sea from balconies. A few overlook the carpark.
- Kitchen: Pool Villas feature kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Pool Villas have private pools and jacuzzis.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking within the grounds, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 288 011
- Email: Send a message through their website.
- Website: pramahotels.com
Prama Sanur Beach – Amenities
- Pool: The lagoon-shaped pool is truly massive (the largest in Sanur, according to the management) and features a swim-up bar. Far better than most, the Splash Zone pool is popular with children for its waterslide and playground in the water.
- Spa: Aroma Spa faces the beach (which is surprisingly rare), and blends modern equipment with traditional techniques. Also offers a spa and yoga classes.
- Fitness Center: Recently renovated, featuring impressive equipment.
- Activities: Many offered, e.g. basketball, badminton, and tennis courts. Also, yoga classes and bicycle rental. Water sports kiosk.
- Other Facilities: Library. Business Center. Gift shop. Cash machine. Rip Curl School of Surf, which also houses the Dune Atlantis Bali dive center.
Prama Sanur Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Basilico Italian Pavilion – Stylish but casual, overlooking the sea. Authentic pasta, risotto, and other tasty delights. Romantic tables on the sand. • Tirta Restaurant & Pool Bar – Buffet breakfast for guests as well as all-day dining for all. Children’s menu and swim-up bar. • Lada Resto – Another inviting beachfront eatery, with Indonesian food and a more informal vibe.
- Bars: Bamboo Bar & Lounge – Wonderful beachside setting under a traditional-style thatched roof. Popular among guests of other resorts for pizza, cocktails, and live music. • Prama Bar & Lounge – Chic décor and live jazz on most nights.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but can be added when booking.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of 6 am to 10 pm.
Prama Sanur Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Garden View • Deluxe Sea View • Suite Room • Club Room • Club Suite • Pool Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms but permitted elsewhere, including on the balconies/patios (except the villas).
- Best Room: Pool Villas are very spacious and secluded, with private access and private pools. They also feature jacuzzis, massive living/kitchen/dining areas, and gazebos.
- For Families: Most rooms can fit in extra single beds and some have connecting doors. Pool Villas feature very large living, kitchen, and dining areas and can fit in 2 extra single beds.
Prama Sanur Beach – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than most places in southern Bali. With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is also popular, and bikes can be rented at the resort. Walking and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches over 6 km, almost the entire length of Sanur.
- Public Transport: Sanur is unique within southern Bali as local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) ply the main street, but won’t go further north than the golf course. Fares are set but invariably inflated for tourists.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Motorbikes are also easy to rent and useful for getting around Sanur – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. Taxis are plentiful, cheap, and comfortable, and the best way to go anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. This can be arranged at any travel agency or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any town outside of southern Bali and one that is popular with tourists (e.g. Ubud), buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, but services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its inconvenient office on Jalan Hang Tuah on the other side of the golf course in northern Sanur. The Kura-Kura Bus company links Sanur with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
Prama Sanur Beach – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Puri Santrian – Neighboring resort to the northeast provides several terrific options, including Lounge by the Sea, with an adorable beachfront location and a focus on seafood. 1-minute walk via the beachside path.
Within 400m northeast up the path parallel to the beach are several casual seaside warungs (food stalls) under trees. Also, several great places are clustered along the main street very close to the resort:
- Ayucious Trophy Bar & Restaurant – Large, noisy, and fun-filled, with TV sports and live music. Virtually at the resort entrance.
- Warung Beach Breeze – Enchanting corner setting with funky décor and eclectic menu of ribs, seafood, and daily specials. About 50m down the street.
- Bella Italia Sanur – Classic Italian food, including wood-fired pizzas. Adorable setting, as if along a street in Naples. Next to the Beach Breeze.
- Natah Bale Bar & Restaurant – Spacious and airy, offering garden views and tasty meals. 50m up the street.
- Red Manna – Opposite Natah Bale. Shady corner, with a wooden deck and tempting daily specials.
- The resort is in the quieter section of southern Sanur, so the selection of shops is limited, but a couple of minimarts are nearby.
- Jet-skiing and parasailing, among other fun activities, can be arranged at the resort, or less expensively at counters along the beach nearby.