Home > Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: October 9, 2019
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – Personality, vibrancy, and charm; much nicer than many larger internationally-known hotels.
Despite the unexciting exterior, this hotel is significantly more likable than most mega properties around Aerocity, a purpose-built suburb of hotels and malls only minutes from the airport. There is plenty of color and class, and the staff is more personable because it’s considerably smaller than neighboring rivals. All rooms are spacious and feature uncommon Indian-style décor and photos, and some also feature barbecues on private porches. Views are limited, but those transiting overnight probably won’t mind. The Pride Plaza is very convenient to the malls and cafés in the center of Aerocity and handy to the metro station for express services to downtown.
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – The Location
- Address: In the middle of Aerocity, a modern suburb with nothing but hotels and tourist facilities; in fact, no-one lives there. About 12 minutes (4.4km) by car/taxi from the international and domestic terminals.
- Area: More tranquil, tidy, and secure, and far less hassle than staying anywhere in the city center. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- How to Get There: Transfers to and/or from the airport may be included in the rates. Otherwise, get a taxi. See Local Transport below for information about the Delhi Metro.
- Handy to: Airport.
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – The Basics
- Guests: Like most hotels in the area, the majority of guests are transit passengers seeking proximity to the airport.
- Views: Better views than some other hotels nearby. A few rooms are set back from the road, while others face inwards and overlook the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected or provided at an airport hotel like this in Delhi.
- Extras: Free 1-way or 2-way transfers between the hotel and airport, depending on the booking.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)729 004 7536
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: pridehotel.com
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – Amenities
- Pool: On the ground floor and a decent size. Likable setting with tropical plants providing adequate shade.
- Spa: The Sohum Spa is spacious and highly personalized.
- Fitness Center: All the gear needed in a smallish room.
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Aqua Grill – Outdoor tables alongside the pool for barbecues and live music most nights. • Café Pride – At the lobby level for a la carte and buffets at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open-plan kitchen. • Oriental Spice – Fine dining, with an eclectic menu featuring cuisine from all over Asia. Attentive staff, and dinner only. • Mr. Confectioner – More about pastries than sweets. Also, tea/coffee and light meals, e.g. wraps and sandwiches. Open 24 hours. • Stallion – Lounge bar for cocktails, imported spirits, and light meals. Open till early hours.
- Breakfast: Normally not included, but this depends on how the room was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Superior Rooms • Premium Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking may be allowed in some rooms; check when booking. More strict in public areas.
- Best Room: Premium Rooms are slightly larger and considerably more elegant.
- For Families: Superior Rooms are large enough for 2 double beds. Or book adjoining rooms with connecting doors.
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty of facilities within the suburb of Aerocity, which is about 1km by 400m in area. The special zone offers things rarely (if ever) found elsewhere in Delhi: e.g. shady footpaths, minimal traffic, and no hassles.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. An express service, with only 4 stops, links Aerocity with the New Delhi station, attached to the main railway terminal. The Aerocity metro station is about 600m to the south. Take a short cut through the mall area. 10-minute walk.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and even harder to find in Aerocity than elsewhere in Delhi. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Oddly, there are no auto-rickshaws in Aerocity.
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Within a cluster in and around the Worldmark shopping malls (see below) are:
- Plum by Bent Chair Delhi – Quirky décor and hearty portions. As famous for its chairs as its cocktails and curries. 7-minute walk (550m).
- Farzi Café – Exquisite food, attentive service, and lovely ambience. Live jazz on most weekends. 7-minute walk (600m).
- Food Capital +91 85277 26011 – Expansive basement food court with several tempting cafés offering Indian, Chinese, and western food, e.g. pizzas. 7-minute walk (600m).
- Chaayos – Hugely popular for casual meals and all sorts of teas. Intimate tables and cozy setting. 8-minute walk (600m).
- Café Delhi Heights – One in a countrywide chain of inviting cafés. Extended menu, friendly staff, and beer/wine available. 8-minute walk (650m).
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Ambassador, New Delhi – IHCL SeleQtions – Review
- Andaz Delhi – Review
- B Nineteen Luxury Hotel – Review
- Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Review
- Hyatt Regency Delhi – Review
- Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotel – Review
- The Imperial New Delhi – Review
- La Sagrita – Review
- The LaLiT New Delhi – Review
- Le Méridien New Delhi – Review
- The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel – Review
- The Leela Palace New Delhi – Review
- Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – Review
- The Lodhi – Review
- Lutyens Bungalow – Review
- The Oberoi New Delhi – Review
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Shangri-La’s – Eros Hotel – Review
- Taj Mahal, New Delhi – Review