by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 17, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – Convenient, comfortable, and also suitable for those on business.
Although on a busy corner about 500m from the beach, it somehow seems to avoid the traffic noise. Rooms are comfortable and spacious, with bright and modern Balinese décor adding to the appeal, and are located into a motel-style building without balconies. Those on the ground floor have direct access from patios to the shady lagoon-shaped pool. While convenient to renowned fast-food outlets, the golf course, and speedboats to Nusa Lembongan and the Gili Islands, the hotel is in northern Sanur, a fair distance from the area’s premier selection of shops and cafés. However, a free shuttle bus is offered to whisk guests around Sanur, including to the private beach club and sister resort (Prime Plaza Suites Sanur) with its several facilities, especially for families.
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – The Location
(Formerly the Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel.)
- Address: Corner of the main road that bypasses Sanur (Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai) and Jalan Hang Tuah street. In Sanur, a more low-key region in southern Bali.
- Area: Within the northern part, cut off from the rest of Sanur by the massive golf course, but enough facilities nearby. A 5-minute walk (400m) to the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 30 minutes (17km), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Speedboat terminal/offices for Nusa Lembongan and Gili Islands. Golf course. Perama shuttle bus office.
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Seems to cater more for business people than tourists. Families are likely to be encouraged to book at the sister resort, Prime Plaza Suites Sanur (2.3km, 4-minute drive).
- Kids Club: There isn’t one onsite, but guests can take a free shuttle bus to the sister resort, Prime Plaza Suites Sanur, home to the Camp Splash! Kids Club. The club provides a good selection of activities and facilities, including movies, 30m waterslide, basketball court, playground, and computer games.
- Beach: About 500m down the side-street (Jalan Hang Tuah) is the beach, but this area is commandeered by speedboats to nearby islands. Better sections of beach are 500m further south along the seaside path in front of major resorts. Otherwise, take the free hotel shuttle bus to the private Sand Beach Club (2km, 5-minute drive).
- Views: Too far for sea views, so all rooms and suites face the gardens and/or pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Many ground-floor rooms have a patio with direct access to the main pool.
- Extras: Guests can use any of the facilities at the sister resort, Prime Plaza Suites Sanur, which is far more family-oriented. Free hourly shuttle buses take guests to that resort, the private Sand Beach Club, Hardy’s Supermarket, and anywhere else around Sanur.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking places, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 281 781
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: spph.pphotels.com
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – Amenities
- Pool: Huge, shady, and lagoon-shaped, featuring fountains, swim-up bar, and nets/hoops for games.
- Spa: The spa provides an inviting choice of massages and other treatments as well as inexpensive package deals lasting up to 3 hours.
- Fitness Center: New and well-equipped.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Activities: Tennis court.
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Café Komodo – Casual all-day dining alongside the pool. Contemporary cuisine and signature cocktails. • Sanur Harum Restaurant – Spacious and welcoming. Buffet breakfast for guests. Chinese food the rest of the time.
- Bars: Pool Bar – Open until late for light meals and all sorts of drinks. • Tunjung Mekar Lobby Bar – Lively lounge with live music and snooker table.
- Breakfast: Rates include substantial buffet breakfast.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Pool View • Premier • Pool Access • Balcony Rooms • Courtyard Pool Access • Suites • Pool Access Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but is permitted anywhere else in the resort.
- Best Room: The largest rooms by far are the Pool Access Suites, with separate living rooms, private courtyards featuring Balinese design, and direct access via steps to the main pool.
- For Families: Suites have 2 or 3 bedrooms, while many rooms have connecting doors. The sister hotel, Prime Plaza Suites Sanur, is better suited for families.
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than most places in southern Bali. With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is also popular, and bikes can be rented from a few agencies along the side-street. Walking and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches almost the entire length of Sanur. To avoid the chaotic bypass road, those on foot or on 2 wheels should use the beachside path, or cut through the area alongside the golf course.
- Public Transport: The bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) that ply the main street through Sanur won’t come this far north, unless chartered.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Motorbikes are also easy to rent and useful for getting around Sanur – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. Taxis are plentiful, cheap, and comfortable, and the best way to go anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. This can be arranged at any travel agency or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any town outside of southern Bali and one that is popular with tourists (e.g. Ubud), buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, while services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its office only 220m down the side-street from the hotel (3-minute walk). The Kura-Kura Bus company links Sanur with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – Bali – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
At the intersection opposite the hotel entrance are outlets of KFC and Dunkin’ Donuts. The following three are down Jalan Hang Tuah, the side-street with the resort entrance.
- The Cameng Restaurant & Bar (0)361 289 197 – Pleasant setting with better-than-normal menu of tasty food. 1-minute walk (65m).
- Made Two (0)361 281 687 – Another friendly eatery offering seafood, duck, and pizza. Bar counter popular with expats. Next to The Cameng. 1-minute walk (110m).
- Ananda Beach Restaurant (0)361 288 327 – At the end of the street, 400m away. Perfect for watching public boats leaving for the islands and locals enjoying themselves. 5-minute walk.
Along the beachside path that heads south from the end of Jalan Hang Tuah are:
- A few minimarts along the side-street, but nothing much else within walking distance.