Pullman Legian Beach – Mega resort with impeccable location and superior luxury.
Along the invisible divide between Kuta and Legian, the Pullman enjoys a prime position with endless shops and cafés in all directions and the renowned beach just across the (busy) road. Behind a blocky, modern façade lie vast grounds that are quite welcoming – but not distinctly Balinese. Most of the five-level blocks of rooms and suites face the gardens and/or pool; only rooms on the third level or above really enjoy genuine sea views. Facilities include a children’s pool and kids club. The main infinity pool dominates the hotel grounds, while the gorgeous rooftop pool and lounge offer sublime views.
Pullman Legian Beach – The Location
- Area: Faces the beachside road on the invisible border between Kuta and the quieter area of Legian, both part of the most popular tourist region in Bali. Across the busy road from the renowned Kuta Beach. Despite the name, the resort is more properly within Kuta, not Legian.
- Address: 1 Melasti. On the corner of Jalan Pantai Kuta road (which is one-way north) and its extension heading inland, Jalan Melasti. The main vehicle entrance faces the beach. Another side entrance is along Jalan Melasti.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Legian and Kuta.
Pullman Legian Beach – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to all, but most guests are couples or in small groups. Not so focused toward families.
- Kids Club: Offers a few decent activities such as lessons in Indonesian (Bahasa) language and face-painting. It’s separated according to age groups (3 to 6 and 7 to 12).
- Beach: Just across the road in front of the hotel, the beach is wide, shady, and packed with drink stalls. Be wary of waves, however, and swim between the flags.
- Views: Most rooms are distant from the beach and don’t offer any sea views. Instead, they overlook the gardens and/or pool. One block of rooms faces the very busy road – only those on upper floors offer views of the ocean.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Parking: A few free and secure spots are available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 762 500
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: all.accor.com
Pullman Legian Beach – Amenities
- Pool: 3 pools. A lovely infinity pool in the middle of the grounds (which is very popular). Another smaller infinity pool at the rooftop which offers views, a pleasant breeze, and less noise. A third for children.
- Spa: Wonderful dominant setting within the gardens. Vast array of treatments to choose from, some unique to the resort.
- Fitness Center: Decent size with views of the gardens.
- For Families: Cots. Baby-sitting. Kids club. Children’s pool. Children’s menu.
- Other Facilities: Medical clinic. Travel agent. Cash machine. Moneychanger. Business Center. Snack shop.
Pullman Legian Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Deli@Pullman – Classy meals, including a children’s menu and plenty of vegetarian options. Indoor seating and breezy terrace facing the pool.
- Bars: G-Bar – Alongside the main pool for juices, cocktails, and snacks. • L-Bar – Near the lobby with chic décor. Open until late for cocktails and liquor. • IP-Bar – Alongside the rooftop pool for some of Bali’s premier sunset views.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but may be, depending on the type of room and method of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Pullman Legian Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Premium Deluxe Room • Grand Deluxe Room • Premium One Bedroom Suite • Exclusive Two Bedroom Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms but allowed almost anywhere else on the grounds.
- Best Room: The Exclusive Two Bedroom Suites are over 3 times larger than the Deluxe Rooms and have separate living areas and extended balconies.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors. Most rooms can fit in an extra single bed, while the suites can squeeze in 2. Some suites have 2 bedrooms.
Pullman Legian Nirwana – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Legian and Kuta have to offer. Cycling on the path alongside Legian Beach is great fun. Ask the hotel about bike rental.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare). Drivers hang about street corners but it’s best to organize through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali and renting one in Kuta/Legian is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Kuta and Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services all over Bali from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 2 km south of the hotel.
Pullman Legian Beach Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Almost every place along the beachside road is noisy and very few offer any sea views.
- Bella Italia Kuta Beach – Next to the main entrance and facing the beach. Offers a quaint Mediterranean-style setting and authentic food.
Places listed below are within 500m of the side entrance along Jalan Melasti:
- Warung Kampung – The ‘Village Food Stall’ is an adorable respite, 100m back from the road. Authentic local food and genuine hospitality.
- Sidewalk Café – Asian food, burgers, and pizzas served at tables on the footpath and quieter ones upstairs.
- Koko Bar and Restaurant – Classic Kuta eatery, varied menu, quiet setting, and super-friendly staff.
- Lemongrass Thai Restaurant – Classy and authentic, featuring a garden courtyard and air-conditioned comfort inside.
- Drink Drink Drink Bar – Far better than the average neighborhood bars. Inviting décor, friendly staff, and extended menu of beers, wines, and liquors.
- Beachwalk Shopping Center – The main shopping street, Jalan Legian, is about 500m east along Jalan Melasti. A more congregated and varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort is at this world-class mall. On the beachside road to the south in Kuta, about 1 km away. Far quicker by foot than taxi.