Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – Luxurious resort with private beach, huge pool, and amazing views in quiet Panwa.
A five-star tropical resort in southern Phuket, this magnificent oasis is an excellent destination for a leisurely holiday or a business-cum-pleasure trip. All accommodations are modern, spacious, and well-appointed, and all feature large bathrooms and balconies/patios. The private beach, three large freeform pools, huge fitness center with steam and sauna rooms, excellent spa, kids club, multiple restaurants and bars, and friendly staff make this an ideal resort for all types of travelers. Located in sleepy Panwa, it is especially ideal for those looking for a quiet and luxurious holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the more commercialized areas like Patong.
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – Location
- Area: Quiet location in Cape Panwa in southern Phuket. Walkable to the Panwa viewpoint and several restaurants and cafes nearby. Predominantly Muslim area, so most establishments shut by 10 pm.
- Address: 44/5 Moo 8 Sakdidesh Road, Vichit, Muang.
- How to Get There: The hotel paid airport transfers, but guests can easily come from the airport via prepaid taxi, limousine service, or rented car, which takes about 1 hour (45 km). Guests arriving in cruise ships will arrive at either the Phuket Port (large ships, 40 km), Patong Bay (November to April, 25 km), or the Ao Makham Port (May to October, 2 km), depending on the size of the ship and the season. Small boats can also dock at the resort’s beach during high tide.
- Handy to: Laem Panwa Viewpoint (750m). Phuket Aquarium (1 km).
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – The Basics
- Ages: Guests tend to be mostly couples on a romantic getaway or honeymoon, or families. All ages are welcome, and cribs and baby-sitters are available on request.
- Kids Club: Large Sapparot kids club with plenty of activities, toys, and games for up to age 14. The children’s pool nearby is big and has a waterslide.
- Beach: Private and secluded beach with soft white sand and shallow water that is ideal for swimming, kayaking, or paddle-boarding during high tide. The seabed is rich with plenty of marine life that is fun to explore during low tide.
- View: All sea view accommodations offer great views, though some might be slightly obstructed by trees. Excellent views from the lobby bar, outdoor areas of both restaurants, and the main infinity pool.
- Kitchen: No kitchens in any rooms.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All pool villas have pools with in-built jacuzzis. The main swimming pool also has a jacuzzi area on one side.
- Laundry: Laundry facilities available.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secured parking on-site.
- Extras: Free use of kayaks, paddle-boards, pool table, and giant chess. Cooking classes. Welcome drinks and cold towels on arrival. Complimentary marine walk during low tides. Herb garden. Romantic dinner for 2 on the sand.
- When To Book: Reserve at least 3 months in advance for peak holiday periods like December-January or Chinese New Year. 1-2 months in advance for the low and shoulder seasons.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +66 76 602 500
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: pullmanphuketpanwa.com
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: 4 pools – massive infinity pool with jacuzzi area, another lagoon-style pool a few steps above it, third long pool by the building housing the suites, and a fairly large children’s pool with a waterslide. Additionally, there are 29 Pool Villas featuring private pools with in-built jacuzzi.
- Spa: Talay Spa is located in a separate building and offers an extensive range of massages, treatments, and some nail and hair services.
- Fitness Center: Huge fitness center, extremely well-equipped with modern machines, and open 24/7. Private trainers available on request. Separate steam and sauna rooms for men and women. Open-air studio for morning yoga by the lobby.
- For Disabled Guests: Even though it is located on hilly terrain, the resort is disabled friendly. There are plenty of paths connecting all the facilities, ramps near many staircases, and elevators in the building housing the rooms and suites. Buggies are also available for free. However, there are no rooms designed especially for disabled guests.
- For Families: Sapparot kids club, kids pool, daily activities for kids and adults, kayaks, paddle-boards, pool table, chess, small playground, and marine-walk – all complimentary. Baby-sitters for hire for kids under the age of 4.
- Activities: Thai cooking classes, yoga, scuba lessons in the pool, pool volleyball, volleyball, yacht hire.
- Other Facilities: Boutique and souvenir shop. Tailor shop. Mini-fridge, safe, international plug points, and electric kettle in all rooms. Coffee machines in some rooms.
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Aqua – All-day a la carte dining with a good mix of Asian and Western dishes. Buffet breakfast is served here each morning, and the wood-fired pizzas are fantastic. Also hosts themed dinner buffets on some nights. Indoor and outdoor seating. • Tamarind – The resort’s signature restaurant is only open for dinner. Serves a modern take on authentic Thai cuisine, with a good selection of wines. Also offers indoor and outdoor seating, the latter with sea views. • Edge Beach Club – Located by the main pool, this restaurant and bar serves great burgers and a good selection of Western and Asian fare through the day.
- Lounges/Bars: Junction Bar – Open from morning till midnight, this circular lobby bar offers arguably the finest views in the resort. The friendly bartenders make potent cocktails which are complemented by a decent selection of light bites. Happy hours every night from 8-11 pm. • Edge Bar – Located on the pool deck, this bar serves beer, wine, cocktails, and light Asian and Western meals. Offers happy hours in the afternoon, and complimentary use of cabanas in the water for a minimum bill of THB 1,500. • Tiki Bar – Tiny hut on the beach, open only during karaoke nights and other beach events.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary, though included in some rates. Half and full-board packages available. An extensive buffet breakfast is served every morning between 6-10.30 am, with plenty of live counters, including noodle soups and egg stations. If intimated a day prior, the chef will happily make special dishes based on dietary restrictions.
- Room Service: Available 24/7, but limited menu from 10 pm till 10 am.
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Room with Sea View • Junior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Pool Villa • Pool Villa with Sea View • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in any of the rooms, except in the balconies/patios. Designated smoking areas available throughout the resort.
- Best Room: Rooms are modern and spacious, featuring chic and contemporary Thai furniture, mini bar, coffee machines, and balconies/patios. The Pool Villas with Sea View are gorgeous, with huge bathtubs for 2, large private pools with jacuzzi, and spacious patios with al fresco dining tables and sunbeds. The villas on the northern side of the resort offer more privacy as they do not have a public lawn or path in front of them.
- For Families: A single extra bed can be added to every room. Every Pool Villa features a sofa that can sleep an extra adult. Baby cots are complimentary. The resort has 33 pairs of connecting rooms across categories, so the parents could book a suite while the kids are in the Deluxe Room next door.
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – Local Transport
- Walking: The area around the resort is quiet and pleasant for walking. However, there are no sidewalks, so be careful. Local hawkers selling souvenirs and food line up along the main road on specially-modified motorcycle stalls after 5 pm, once the temperature is cooler. Being a predominantly Muslim area, everything shuts by 10 pm, but that also means there are no loud parties in the neighborhood late in the night.
- Bus: The only local bus from the Old Town stops at Panwa beach, so it’s not very convenient. The resort offers free shuttle bus transfers to/from the Central Festival mall (pre-registration required), and paid transfers to/from Phuket Old Town.
- Taxis: Fixed price taxis can be booked at the taxi stand right outside the resort’s main gate, but they are expensive. App-based Grab is difficult to get in Panwa, though it’s easily available in the more crowded areas like Patong and Phuket Old Town. Best to book a car for half or full day, and finish chores and eating out along the route.
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Island Tours: Half and full-day boat trips to islands such as James Bond, Phi Phi, Coral, Raya, and several others can be arranged, which also include hotel pickup and drop-off, as well as tea/coffee, lunch, snacks, and/or dinner.
- Phuket Tours: Similarly, half and full-day Phuket trips can be arranged through the resort or through travel agencies, and trips can also be customized per hour.
Best Nearby Restaurants and Bars
- Tree Top Restaurant – Affordable and delicious Thai food, and friendly place to hang out. Just opposite the resort entrance. (50m).
- Curry Night Indian Restaurant – Delicious Indian fare, decent bar, friendly owner, and tables on the upper level facing the road. Open from 11 am till 11 pm. A few meters south of the resort. (50m).
- Blue Wave – Located at the Panwa Viewpoint, this small cafe offers a delicious value-for-money Thai and Western menu. Friendly staff and excellent views. (700m).
- Sawasdee – Well-loved by locals and foreigners alike for its great value authentic Thai menu and some western dishes. Next to Blue Wave. (700m).
- Reun Panwa – Located just outside The Kantary Bay Hotel, this tiny restaurant and bar serves great cocktails, chilled beer, and excellent Thai food. Also popular for the great sea views. (800m).
- Amatara Wellness Resort – Both restaurants offer indoor and outdoor seating, and a good selection of wines: The Grill (grilled seafood and meat dishes, for lunch and dinner), The Restaurant (authentic Thai and Asian cuisine, for breakfast and dinner only), and Sun & Moon (fantastic cocktails and light bites, from 5 pm to 11 pm only). (800m).
- Sala Mexicali – 1 of 2 outlets just a 2-minute drive from the Chalong Bay Rum Distillery (see Attractions below). Serves authentic and fresh Mexican food, beer, and tequila. (12 km).
Best Nearby Cafes
- The Panwa Cafe – Opposite the resort entrance and run by a very friendly couple. Extremely popular for its air-conditioned interior, coffee, breakfast, and Thai dishes. (50m).
- Café Kantary – Located in The Kantary Bay Hotel. Excellent menu of coffee, tea, milkshakes, sandwiches, pastries, and desserts. (800m).
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Lots of small shops selling souvenirs, clothes, and knick-knacks, as well as money-changers, but nothing really of much interest. The best shopping is at Central Festival mall (12 km) and the colonial-style Old Town (11 km).
All these attractions can be completed by hiring a car with driver for 6-8 hours on an hourly basis.
- Laem Panwa Viewpoint – A nice seaside promenade that is great for views, walks, or to just sit and enjoy the food from the motorcycle vendors in the evenings. (750m).
- Phuket Aquarium – Small aquarium featuring several live exhibits, including sharks, glass tunnel, and even a turtle sanctuary. Worth a visit, especially if with small kids. (1 km).
- Old Phuket Town – The historical Sino-Portuguese architecture, colorful buildings, and several shops, cafés, restaurants, and bars make this a must-visit destination for most travelers in Phuket. (11 km).
- Chalong Bay Rum Distillery – This small distillery manufactures excellent, award-winning rum using organic sugarcane and centuries-old French techniques. A must-visit for its tour (with rum tasting and free mojito), restaurant, and bar. One can also grab a bite at Sala Mexicali, just a short walk from the distillery. (12 km).
- Big Buddha – Giant marble statue of the Big Buddha on a hilltop, with panoramic view of Phuket and the sea in all directions. Visitors can even rent ATVs to go up and down the steep and winding 6km hill. Dress conservatively. (21 km).
- Promthep Cape – Arguably Phuket’s best sunset point at the southernmost tip of the island. Breathtaking views, and the adventurous can also hike to the southernmost point down a rocky path. Enjoy dinner at the Promthem Cape Restaurant to round off the evening. (23 km).
Nearby Markets or Grocery Stores
- Panwa Health Care – Small pharmacy right opposite the resort entrance. (25m).
- Family Mart – 24-hour mini-mart selling everyday necessities, basic groceries, drinks, health and pharmacy items, and ready-to-eat meals. Next to Panwa Health Care. (25m).
- Super Cheap – A 24-hour supermarket with an excellent selection of items. (2 km).
Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort – The Hotel
- Phuket Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Phuket
- Best Hotels in Phuket for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Phuket
- Where to Stay in Phuket
- Best Time to Visit Phuket
- Bangkok Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels for Families in Bangkok
- Best Budget Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Airport Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels with Pools in Bangkok
- Best Family Apartment Rentals in Bangkok
- Where to Stay in Bangkok
- Best Things to Do in Bangkok
- Bangkok with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Bangkok