QT – A unique, convenient, and chic hotel.
Based above the historic State Theatre building and the adjacent former Gowings Department Store, QT is truly one of a kind. Very atmospheric and oozing personality, it unashamedly flouts its theatrical location and history – from the glitzy door staff to the props and dress dummies in the lobby. The rooms maintain a quirky Art Deco and Gothic décor. The Junior Suite is bright and spacious, with polished floorboards, cabinets of glowing glassware, and a great minibar. Some rooms overlook the Queen Victoria Building, home to an array of classy shops. However, the overwhelming selling points are the location and ambiance.
QT – The Location
- Area: Market Street, in the inner city and one of the busiest streets in Australia.
- Address: 49 Market St.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – QVB, Market St (150m), Tram – QVB (150m).
- Handy to: Hyde Park, Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney Aquarium, Tumbalong Park.
QT – The Basics
- Guests: Most likely to be couples and small groups keen on theater and shopping.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the streets and buildings, but nothing remarkable.
- Parking: Valet parking available for very high rates, but as one of Sydney’s busiest streets, the management suggests guests park elsewhere and come by train.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8262 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: qthotels.com
QT – Amenities
- Pool & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Spa: The renowned spaQ Sydney offers a steam room and barber shop. Hotel packages can include spa treatments.
QT – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Gowings Bar & Grill is a contemporary European-style bistro, with trendy décor and a huge wine list. • Parlour Lane Roasters is a Parisienne-style street-level café with theatrical memorabilia.
- Lounge/Bar: Gilt Lounge is open late for cocktails and light meals. The setting is dark, intimate, and very theatrical.
- Breakfast: Some rates include breakfast.
- Room Service: Limited.
QT – Rooms
- Room Types: QT King • QT Deluxe King • QT Executive King • QT State Suite • QT Twin/Double • QT Junior Suite • QT Corner Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The luxurious QT Corner Suite offers more space, plenty of antique furniture, and double the views.
QT – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Infinity – Top-notch revolving restaurant on the 81st floor for grills, wines, and views.
- JPB Restaurant – Contemporary Australian cuisine, with terrific service and tender steaks.
- Glass Brasserie – Modern upmarket setting, specialising in steak, seafood and wine.
- de Vine Food & Wine Restaurant – Vibrant setting, Italian cuisine and vast wine list.
- Fortune Village Chinese Restaurant – Family-run and authentic, with popular buffets.
- Several train stations are within a few minutes’ walk.
QT – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne