Updated: May 22, 2018
QT Sydney – a unique, convenient and chic hotel, it is the antithesis of a charmless high-rise.
Based above the historic State Theatre building and the adjacent former Gowings Department Store, QT is truly one of a kind. Very atmospheric and oozing personality, it unashamedly flouts its theatrical location and history – from the glitzy door staff to the props and dress dummies in the lobby. The rooms maintain a quirky Art Deco and Gothic décor. The Junior Suite is bright and spacious, with polished floorboards, cabinets of glowing glassware and (apparently) an ‘award-winning minibar’, but the seating seems more funky than functional, and the bathroom is grey and gloomy. Some rooms overlook the Queen Victoria Building, home to an array of classy shops, while others have poor views. But the overwhelming selling points are the location and ambience.
QT Sydney – The Basics
- Location: Market Street, in the inner city and one of the busiest streets in Australia.
- Guests: Most likely to be couples and small groups keen on theatre and shopping.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the streets and buildings, but nothing remarkable.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking available for very high rates, but as one of Sydney’s busiest streets, management suggest guests park elsewhere and come by train.
- Phone: 8262 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.qtsydney.com.au
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
QT Sydney – Amenities
- Pool & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Spa: The renowned spaQ Sydney offers a steam room and barber shop. Hotel packages can include spa treatments.
QT Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Gowings Bar & Grill is a contemporary European-style bistro, with trendy décor and a vast wine list • Parlour Lane Roasters is a Parisienne-style street-level café with theatrical memorabilia
- Lounge/Bar: Gilt Lounge is open late for cocktails and light meals. The setting is dark, intimate and very theatrical.
- Breakfast: Some rates include breakfast.
- Room Service: Available, but limited.
QT Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: QT King • QT Deluxe King • QT Executive King • QT State Suite • QT Twin/Double • QT Junior Suite • QT Corner Suite
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The luxurious QT Corner Suite offers more space, plenty of antique furniture, and double the views.
QT Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- 360 Bar and Dining – top-notch revolving restaurant for grills, wines and views. 3-minute walk.
- Jpb Restaurant – contemporary Australian cuisine, with terrific service and tender steaks. 1-minute walk.
- Glass Brasserie – modern upmarket setting, specialising in steak, seafood and wine. 2-minute walk.
- de Vine Food & Wine Restaurant – vibrant setting, Italian cuisine and vast wine list. 3-minute walk.
- Fortune Village Chinese Restaurant – family-run and authentic, with popular buffets. 4-minute walk.
Several train stations are within a few minutes’ walk.