QT Sydney – A unique, convenient, and chic hotel.
Based above the historic State Theatre building and the adjacent former Gowings Department Store, QT is truly one of a kind. Very atmospheric and oozing personality, it unashamedly flouts its theatrical location and history – from the glitzy door staff to the props and dress dummies in the lobby. The rooms maintain a quirky Art Deco and Gothic décor. The Junior Suite is bright and spacious, with polished floorboards, cabinets of glowing glassware, and a great minibar. Some rooms overlook the Queen Victoria Building, home to an array of classy shops. However, the overwhelming selling points are the location and ambiance.
QT Sydney – The Basics
- Location: Market Street, in the inner city and one of the busiest streets in Australia.
- Guests: Most likely to be couples and small groups keen on theater and shopping.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the streets and buildings, but nothing remarkable.
- Wi-Fi: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking available for very high rates, but as one of Sydney’s busiest streets, the management suggests guests park elsewhere and come by train.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 8262 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: qtsydney.com.au
QT Sydney – Amenities
- Pool & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Spa: The renowned spaQ Sydney offers a steam room and barber shop. Hotel packages can include spa treatments.
QT Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Gowings Bar & Grill is a contemporary European-style bistro, with trendy décor and a huge wine list. • Parlour Lane Roasters is a Parisienne-style street-level café with theatrical memorabilia.
- Lounge/Bar: Gilt Lounge is open late for cocktails and light meals. The setting is dark, intimate, and very theatrical.
- Breakfast: Some rates include breakfast.
- Room Service: Limited.
QT Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: QT King • QT Deluxe King • QT Executive King • QT State Suite • QT Twin/Double • QT Junior Suite • QT Corner Suite
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The luxurious QT Corner Suite offers more space, plenty of antique furniture, and double the views.
QT Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- 360 Bar and Dining – Top-notch revolving restaurant for grills, wines and views.
- JPB Restaurant – Contemporary Australian cuisine, with terrific service and tender steaks.
- Glass Brasserie – Modern upmarket setting, specialising in steak, seafood and wine.
- de Vine Food & Wine Restaurant – Vibrant setting, Italian cuisine and vast wine list.
- Fortune Village Chinese Restaurant – Family-run and authentic, with popular buffets.
- Several train stations are within a few minutes’ walk.
QT Sydney – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach