Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Spacious, super-chic, and well-priced, but a little isolated among the inner suburbs.
While the exterior resembles a standard business-style motel, the layout inside is very fashionable, but may not be to everyone’s taste. The lobby almost glows with blue and magenta lights designed to ensure tranquility. Dark corridors, similar to a hip nightclub, lead to rooms featuring the signature magenta glow, as well as mirrored ceilings, vinyl bed-heads, dark wooden décor, and huge TVs. There are three distinct reasons to stay here, however. Newly built in a suburb, the Radisson offers more space (including a large carpark) and better views than many hotels in the overbuilt city center. Secondly, it’s only two minutes by auto-rickshaw from the gardens and restaurants at the truly majestic and wonderfully historic Taj West End hotel. And with breakfast included, the Radisson is significantly better value than downtown competitors.
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – The Location
- Address: The official address of ‘1 Palace Road’ seems a stretch because the hotel is about 300m from where Palace Road joins the main thoroughfare, Seshadri Road. In the inner northwest suburbs.
- Area: Residential area, with the racecourse, golf course, and some government buildings nearby, but no shops or cafés within walking distance.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). About 3 km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station.
- Handy to: UB City mall. Cubbon Park.
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly business people from across India.
- Views: As the only tall building in the area, views are more impressive than many in the city center. Rooms (which are all well-soundproofed) overlook the main road or leafy side-streets.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All suites feature ‘jacuzzi whirlpools’.
- Extras: Happy hours at the Club Lounge for some guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 2220 5205
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: radissonblu.com
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Amenities
- Pool: Stylish setting in keeping with the hotel design, though a little undersized. Outdoors, but noisy because it’s near to (but sheltered from) the main road.
- Spa: Surprisingly, there isn’t one.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate; hard to find on an upper floor.
- Other Facilities: Souvenir shop. Business center. Money-exchange. Express laundry.
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: One Atria Café – Buffets at breakfast and lunch and a la carte all day. Open-plan kitchen and interesting menu, including Middle Eastern dishes. Everything is well-priced. • Tijouri – Hip setting at a lower level. Traditional local cuisine with contemporary twists. • Tea & Wine Lounge – All sorts of drinks and snacks, best enjoyed in the leather couches. Try their signature high tea every afternoon. • Whiskey Bar – Also serves wine, cocktails, and beers. Intimate tables and TV sports inside or comfy seating outside near the pool. Extra-long happy hours.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates (which is unusual among rivals).
- Room Service: Available at all hours, but the choice is limited from 11 pm to 6 am.
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Business Class Rooms • Executive Suites • Presidential Suite (1-only) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking allowed in special rooms.
- Best Room: With a boardroom, jacuzzi, and separate living area, the 1-only Presidential Suite is very luxurious.
- For Families: Not really set up for families who may not appreciate the ultra-swish design. Space, however, for families of 4 in any of the suites.
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Local Transport
- Walking: On a corner of a quiet side street (which is worth exploring on foot) and the main road (which is not). Otherwise, nothing notable to see.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. The nearest station – Vidhana Soudha – is 1 km from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Nothing nearby except the magnificent Taj West End hotel (1km), worth a visit just to admire the opulence, history, and elegance. The Taj also offers: Mynt (all-day dining and huge lunchtime buffets), Blue Ginger (city’s first and finest Vietnamese restaurant), and Masala Klub (classy Indian, where some meals are cooked at the table).
Otherwise, take an auto-rickshaw (2.5 km) to the UB City mall (see below) and try:
- Cafe Mangii +91 (0)80 2227 0098 – Pasta, pizza, and lots more in a likable open-air setting.
- Sancho’s – Wide range of delicious Mexican food and an appropriate décor. Loads of fun.
- Farzi Café – One in a countrywide chain of French-style bistros. Chill out with signature cocktails and live music.
- Toscano – Very appealing setting, with authentic Italian food, wine bar, and daily specials.
About 250m east from the mall are pleasant café/bars, such as:
- The Biere Club – Popular for its colorful setting, affordable pub-style meals, and very happy hours. Micro-brewery and trendy DJs. Red exterior easy to find on a prominent corner.
- Bootlegger – Cozy, friendly, and excellent happy hours. Opposite The Biere Club.
- Starbucks – Familar design and menu. On 2 levels, offering street views.
- Nothing within walking distance, so take an auto-rickshaw to UB City. Packed with bistros and boutiques, it’s a world-class mall in a pleasant area of the city. (2.5 km).
Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai