Home > Hotel Radisson Review
Updated: October 9, 2019
Radisson Jodhpur – Brand-new, with lots of space and a contemporary but graceful setting.
Finished as recently as 2017, the Radisson provides all the mod-cons expected, including a sparkling pool. However, the hotel also boasts a design, décor, and overall vibe reminiscent of old Rajasthan, from the mustachioed doorman to the niches of antique furniture and courtyards with overhanging balconies. Away from the Old City, everything is much more spacious. The rooms and suites (which include separate living areas) are mainly designed for Indian business people but are perfect for foreign tourists as well as families, too. It is located close to the airport, and only a short ride by auto-rickshaw from the Old City.
Radisson Jodhpur – The Location
- Address: 8 Residency Road, in the southern fringes of Jodhpur. Set back about 200m from the main road. Look for the sign. So new that some drivers don’t even know it yet.
- Area: In a comparatively clean and quiet suburb. Nothing much nearby, but nicer for walking than the Old City.
- How to Get There: Only 3km (6-minute drive) from the airport. At the attractive (and low-key) terminal, there are pre-paid booths for taxis and auto-rickshaws. The main train terminal is 4km away (10-minute drive), the main bus station is about 5km (11-minute drive), and the Mehrangarh Fort is about 8km (17-minute drive).
- Handy to: Airport.
Radisson Jodhpur – The Basics
- Guests: Mainly Indian people on business, or those attending weddings/conferences, but still an excellent option for foreign tourists as well as families.
- Views: Most rooms face the ‘garden’ (which is really a lawn in the foreground and streets beyond) or the pool. A few do overlook the uncrowded side-streets.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected or provided.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each room. Airport transfers for guests in the suites.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)291 711 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: radisson.com
Radisson Jodhpur – Amenities
- Pool: Good size, with a few lounge chairs. Lacks some shade and many rooms overlook it, so not that private.
- Spa: The SVA Spa doesn’t offer much more than massages, but it’s still better than most similar hotels in Jodhpur.
- Fitness Center: Alongside the pool, with enough equipment to keep most happy.
- Other Facilities: Business Center. Laundry. Boutiques.
Radisson Jodhpur – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Ekatra – All-day dining on the ground floor. Chic setting and extended menu with vegetarian cuisine from across the globe. Buffets often provided. • Abhiras – Classy and breezy rooftop setting with open-plan kitchen. Focuses on vegetarian Rajasthani food with a contemporary twist. Dinner only.
- Bars: 1459 – Sophisticated lounge at the lobby. Open from 6 pm. • The J Bar – Shares the same expansive rooftop views as the Abhiras.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Radisson Jodhpur – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Business Class Suites • Junior Suites • One-Bedroom Suites • Two-Bedroom Duplex Suites • Presidential Suite (1 only)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas. Dedicated areas for smokers.
- Best Room: The 1-only Presidential Suite is about 4 times larger than the Superior Rooms, and features 2 bedrooms, separate living area, and even a ‘powder room’.
- For Families: All rooms can easily accommodate 3 people, while the suites can fit in families of 4. Some suites feature 2 bedrooms and modest kitchen facilities.
Radisson Jodhpur – Local Transport
- Walking: The main road, about 200m from the front of the hotel, is not that busy. Decent enough for walking, but very little of interest nearby. A few facilities, however, at the major roundabout (see later).
- Public Transport: Nothing of use for tourists anywhere in Jodhpur.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Taxis (unmetered) can be ordered through the guesthouse for longer day-trips, but they can’t enter the Old City. Auto-rickshaws are good enough for going anywhere in Jodhpur. These can be flagged down along the road outside. Taxis and auto-rickshaws can also be ordered through the Uber app.
Radisson Jodhpur – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Turn right facing the main road in front of the hotel. About 1km away is the Panch Batti Circle roundabout (with the Chandra Inn, a useful landmark). From there, turn right and within 200m are:
- One Airport +91 77425 257212 – Stylish bar/café with a garden setting away from the road. 15-minute walk (1.2km).
- The Filos Café & Restaurant – Outstanding Greek-inspired bistro with the longest menu of western food in Jodhpur, including pizza, pasta, and burgers. Opposite One Airport. 15-minute walk (1.2km).
- Winds Restaurant & Bar – Elegant, spacious, and popular, with a focus on organic ingredients. Further down from The Filos. 17-minute walk (1.3km).
- One of astoundingly few supermarkets in Jodhpur, Shreenath Bazaar, just over the roundabout (see above), sells most of life’s necessities, as well as fresh fruit. 13-minute walk (1km).
- Umaid Bhawan Palace – An architectural marvel; one part of the palace still serves as a Royal Family residence, the rest has been converted to the Taj Hotel and museum. Only the museum is open to the public, and it’s very popular for the vintage car and clock collections and vast gardens with peacocks. Great spot for a romantic meal. 10 am to 4.30 pm. 9-minute drive (3.2km).
- Jaswant Thada – Also known as the Taj Mahal of Mewar, a marble marvel amidst lush, landscaped gardens and next to a serene lake. The intricate marble lattice screens as well as the city views are superb. Easily paired with a visit to the Mehrangarh Fort. 9 am to 5 pm. 19-minute drive (8km).
- The overwhelming attraction is the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort that dominates the Old City. The main entrance is about 8km by auto-rickshaw. Open daily from 9 am to 5 pm. 19-minute drive.
- Mandore Garden – Historic garden, home to beautiful empty tombs of the Royal Family. The Hall of Heroes, temple of 330 Million Gods, and Government Museum are worth seeing. Visitors can also explore the Mandore Fort ruins or have a picnic on the grounds. Located just outside the city. 25-minute drive (12km).
Radisson Jodhpur – The Hotel
All Jodhpur Hotel Reviews
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai