Home > Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC Hotel Review
Updated: October 8, 2019
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – New, spacious, good value, and close to the airport.
Opened as recently as mid-2018, the Radisson offers everything expected of this international chain, such as an outdoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. Away from the overcrowded and overpriced city center, everything throughout the hotel is much more spacious, particularly the suites with separate living areas. And with only a few high-rises nearby, views are interesting from all angles. As one of the newest in a congested marketplace, rates are better value than more established and similar standard hotels on the beach or in downtown, and include breakfast. An ideal transit hotel, only a few kilometers from the domestic and international airport terminals, it’s still quiet and not under a flight path. Also, close to the expanding metro network.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – The Location
- Address: X-22, MIDC, Central Road, Andheri East. In the northern suburbs and close to both airport terminals.
- Area: Noisy business district, but reasonably clean. A few places to eat and drink, but nothing much else for tourists.
- How to Get There: From the airport, get a taxi at a pre-paid counter (5km, about 20 minutes). The Andheri train station and connected metro station are 20 minutes (3km) away.
- Handy to: Domestic and international airport terminals.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – The Basics
- Guests: Transit passengers and business people.
- Views: Only a few high-rises in the vicinity, so views of the city streets and foliage among abandoned blocks of land are fairly extensive.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Probably not expected (or provided) at this sort of business-oriented and transit hotel.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each room.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)22 5005 0123
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: radisson.com
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – Amenities
- Pool: Smallish, outdoors, and could become crowded. Some sunbeds and a nice covered area.
- Spa: The R3 Spa offers a few rooms, one for couples, but little else except massages.
- Fitness Center: As a new hotel, it provides the latest equipment. Open 24/7.
- Other Facilities: Same-day laundry. Business Center. Money-changing.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: (No alcohol is served on the premises.) Gallery Café – Casual all-day dining and open-plan kitchen to watch chefs at work. Buffets at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a contemporary a la carte menu all day. • Qebab Quisine – Indian food, but, unusually, a meat-lovers’ paradise, too. Specializes in kebabs and biryanis (rice dishes). Dinner only. • Squeeze – Mocktails, juices, and shakes, with a focus on all things healthy. • Beans & Crème – In the lobby for sandwiches, home-made cakes, and coffee.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates. Buffet or a la carte options.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Executive Suites
- Smoking Rooms: One floor of rooms is dedicated to smokers.
- Best Room: The Executive Suites are large. They feature separate living areas, and double the windows compared to other rooms.
- For Families: All rooms and suites can squeeze in one extra single bed each, and some rooms have connecting doors.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – Local Transport
- Walking: Streets around this bustling business district are noisy, as expected, but there are some sidewalks and a few things to see.
- Public Transport: The metro is currently of little use to tourists, but the hotel is only 1km from the Chakala metro station. 13-minute walk.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Some black-and-yellow taxis along the roads. They have meters and drivers will use them without too many arguments. The numerous auto-rickshaws also use meters, but are only good for local trips – as well as Juhu Beach and the airport – because they’re not allowed much further south. Rides can also be booked using Uber and Ola apps.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Not a great range, but thankfully, 3 tempting options at The International by Tunga hotel next door (50m, 1-minute walk):
- Vihara Veg Restaurant – Unfussy, great-value, and long menu of Indian food.
- Something’s Fishy! – Stylish and low-lit setting upstairs. Views of the street, and fish tanks filled with those lucky not to be on the menu.
- Tunga Bar & Restaurant – Delightful shady courtyard. Some Western meals and beer available, all pleasingly priced.
Otherwise, some stalls sell street food along Mahakali Caves Road, about 300m away. Head left from the gates of the Radisson and right at the traffic lights. 4-minute walk.
- Nothing worthwhile within walking distance.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – The Hotel
All Mumbai Hotel Reviews
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai