Home > Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Hotel Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: October 8, 2019
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – Classy, convenient, beachfront, and much better value than a downtown hotel.
Facing Mumbai’s premier beach, the Ramada Plaza is considerably more attractive than imagined from its motel-style exterior. The lobby, with fountain and grand piano, is reminiscent of a city hotel, while the pool lined with angled palms looks like it’s been transplanted from a tropical island resort. Some suites are more spacious and sumptuous than the standard rooms that cost the same in a downtown hotel, and those with full-frontal sea views are superb. (Even other types of rooms to the side offer reasonable glimpses of the bay.) What’s more, the Ramada is surrounded by inviting eateries, and is close enough to the airport to lure transit passengers – who probably wish they had stayed longer. And rates include breakfast, which is a rarity among rivals.
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – The Location
- Address: Juhu Tara Road, the main road alongside Juhu Beach, a popular area in the northern suburbs.
- Area: Faces the city’s prime beach. Plenty of cafés and bars, and a few shops, in the immediate area.
- How to Get There: From the airport, get a taxi at a pre-paid counter (8km, about 25 minutes to either terminal). Some rooms/suites offer free airport transfers. The Andheri train station and connected metro station are 15 minutes (4km) away.
- Handy to: Juhu Beach. Domestic and international airport terminals.
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly holidaymakers from across India.
- Views: Rooms to the front offer unobstructed views of the sea about 100m away. Rooms to the side still offer decent glimpses of the ocean. Others may face the main road, which is about 50m away.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Deluxe Suites feature jacuzzis.
- Extras: More expensive rooms/suites include airport transfers.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)22 6737 1600
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ramadaplaza-juhu.com
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – Amenities
- Pool: Although a little small, the pool provides a real tropical-resort vibe. Sea views and palm trees add enormously to the allure. Swimming lessons for the younger ones.
- Spa: The usual array of massages, but also a steam room and jacuzzi.
- Fitness Center: Plenty of equipment, and terrific views from a top floor.
- For Families: Cots.
- Other Facilities: Souvenir and book shop. Laundry. Money-changing. Travel desk. Beauty/hair salon. Business Center (open 24 hours).
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Tangerine Café – Bright and cheerful coffee shop offering buffets and a la carte at lunch and dinner. Also, buffet breakfasts for guests. Open 24 hours. • Oriental Bowl – Renowned for authentic Chinese and Thai cuisine. • Shooters – Sophisticated bar offering signature cocktails and imported spirits. Inviting leather chairs and intimate lights. • Pool Side Patio – Alongside the pool for exotic drinks and light meals. Sunday brunch buffets are very popular.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates, which is not common.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Premium Rooms • Executive Salons • Deluxe Suites
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in some rooms and suites.
- Best Room: In a corner, the Deluxe Suites offer double the views from twice as many windows. Substantial and separate living areas are beautifully furnished. Also, a massage chair and jacuzzi in each suite.
- For Families: All types of rooms can fit in an extra single bed each, and some have connecting doors. The Deluxe Suites are more than large enough for 2 extra single beds.
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – Local Transport
- Walking: One of the finest areas in Mumbai for strolling, especially along the extensive beach. There are some sidewalks and plenty of places to eat and shop nearby.
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists. The Mumbai Metro probably won’t reach this far until about 2025.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Plenty of black-and-yellow taxis along the road. They have meters and drivers will use them without too many arguments. Unlike the city center, auto-rickshaws operate here, and also usually use their meters. Rides can also be booked using Uber and Ola apps.
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – What’s Nearby?
Almost alongside the southern fence of the hotel is a bustling food court with about 30 stalls selling street food. Might be a good time and place to try pav bhaji (spicy vegetable curry with buttery bread) or tawa pulao (traditional fried rice).
- Domino’s – Familiar pizza joint notable for the rooftop eating area with views rivaling those at 5-star resorts. Only meters south of the hotel entrance. 1-minute walk (40m).
- TAP – Trendy meeting spot on the ground floor. Focus on grills. Also, live music, DJs, and TV sports. Almost opposite the hotel. 1-minute walk (50m).
- Bora Bora – Above TAP and similar layout. More of a bar than a café, but great Italian food. Live music most nights. 1-minute walk (50m).
- Shiv Sagar – One in a city-wide chain of reliable vegetarian restaurants. Always good value and perennially popular. On the other side of the road from the hotel. 1-minute walk (150m).
- Citizen Hotel – Offers fabulous beachside options: Bay View Restaurant & Bar (sea views, impressive service, and extensive menu) and Sea Side Patio (almost on the sand, and perfect for sunsets). Less than 500m south, via the road or beach. 6-minute walk (450m).
Shops & Markets
- Juhu is the premier beach in Mumbai. Implausibly packed on public holidays and weekends, it is relatively quiet on weekdays. The beach is the sort found in Goa: extensive, scenic, reasonably clean, and usually fine for swimming. A few water sports can also be arranged at a spot in front of the Citizen Hotel, a few minutes’ stroll south via the beach. 6-minute walk (450m).
Ramada Plaza Palm Grove – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Abode Bombay – Review
- Bentley Hotel – Review
- Citizen Hotel – Review
- The Gordon House – Review
- InterContinental Marine Drive – Review
- Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – Review
- Hotel Kemps Corner – Review
- The Oberoi Mumbai – Review
- The Orchid Mumbai – Review
- Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC – Review
- Sahara Star – Review
- The Shalimar Hotel – Review
- The Taj Mahal Palace – Review
- Trident Nariman Point – Review