See Also: The Best Hotels in Paris
Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris is a stunning Philippe Starck-designed luxury hotel that mixes cool artsiness with antique elegance. Located in a tranquil part of the 8th arrondissement, guests here have easy access to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, and one of Paris’ prettiest parks, the Parc Monceau. Perfect for the culture-savvy traveler, Le Royal Monceau maintains a unique emphasis on contemporary art through its in-house art gallery and bookstore, and supplies each room with an acoustic guitar. A dedicated “Art Concierge” curates a weekly selection of exhibits and events around town, as well as offers custom tours of the hotel’s private collection. The hotel’s private cinema hosts Sunday night champagne-and-gourmet popcorn screenings, and the gorgeous 16,000 sq ft. Clarins spa has one of the largest private pools in the city.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Le Royal Monceau – The Basics
- Location: Central 8th arrondissement location, between the Arc de Triomphe and Parc Monceau, very near the Champs-Elysées. Situatued in an upscale neighborhood, amid shops and cafes, and within walking distance to the Grand Palais, luxury shopping on Avenue Montaigne, and the Eiffel Tower.
- Ages: Family-friendly. Cribs, baby beds, and baby bath products are available for infants and toddlers, and DVD players, Wii and PlayStation gaming systems available on request for older kids. There are kids’ menus available in the restaurants and room service. Kids are welcome in the hotel swimming pool from 10am to 5pm daily. Babysitting services can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Small dogs (up to 11 pounds) stay free. Bowls, beds, and treats provided.
- View: Some rooms feature views of the Arc de Triomphe.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Valet parking rate is €40/day.
- Nice Perks: In-house contemporary art gallery and bookshop. Sunday night film screening in the hotel’s 99-seat cinema. An acoustic guitar, art books, and artwork from the hotel’s private collection are featured in each room. Clarins bath amenities. Daily newspaper delivery.
- Phone: +33 (0) 1 42 99 88 00
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Book months in advance, especially for the high travel seasons of April-September, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Le Royal Monceau – Amenities
- Pool: A gorgeous, Philippe Starck-designed 23-meter indoor swimming pool, part of the hotel’s Clarins spa, is available to guests from 6:30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday; 7:30am to 8:30pm Sundays. Kids are welcome from 10am to 5pm.
- Spa: Le Royal Monceau’s Clarins Spa offers facial and body treatments, nail care and waxing, make-up services, and massage packages. There is also a hair salon. Treatments are available 9am – 9pm (last appointment at 8:15 pm) Monday to Saturday; Sundays 8:30am – 8pm (last appointment at 7:15 pm).
- Fitness Center: Small, but well-equipped two-room gym with Technogym cardio machines, mats, and free weights. Private fitness coaching, yoga facilities, and pilates equipment and instruction are available. Open 6:30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday; 7:30am to 8:30pm Sundays.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Le Royal Monceau – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Le Royal Monceau has three restaurants on-site: Matsuhisa offers gourmet Peruvo-Japanese cuisine under the direction of renowned Japanese chef Nobu, Il Carpaccio boasts one Michelin star and features Italian cuisine with desserts by Pierre Hermé, and La Cuisine serves daily breakfast and weekend brunch. Seasonal terrace seating is available for all restaurants.
- Lounge/Bar: Two bars. The Long Bar serves cocktails, breakfast, snacks, and tapas; open Thursday to Saturday from 8am to 1am, Sunday to Wednesday from 8am to midnight. The Viñales Club is a private cigar lounge open only to Raffles hotel members, by reservation only.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served daily in La Cuisine restaurant from 7-10:30am, and in the Long Bar from 8am to noon.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Le Royal Monceau – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Room • Deluxe Collection Room • Executive Room • Junior Suite • Gallery Suite • Signature Suite • Lifestyle Suite • Prestige Suite • Penthouse Suite • Royal Monceau Suite • Katara Presidential Suite • Raffles Presidential Suite • Presidential Suite 241 • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: All rooms at Le Royal Monceau are non-smoking.
- Best Room: The Raffles Presidential Suite features three bedrooms, a private gym, a huge living and dining room, private entrance and a personal elevator with direct spa access.
Le Royal Monceau – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Arc de Triomphe Skip-the-Line – Everyone has to go through security, but you can bypass the ticket line by buying ahead.
- Paris Highlights Bike Tour – 3-hour guideded tour rides past iconic Paris sights and explores local secret spots.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Mariage Frères – Tea shop with excellent brunch and dessert. 4-minute walk.
- Taillevent – Updated French classics, legendary reputation, formal but not stuffy. 6-minute walk.
- Pierre Gagnaire – 3-star Michelin, contemporary French cooking, seafood-heavy, dress code. 7-minute walk.
- Micka Falafel – Good and cheap falafel take-away, for those in a hurry or tired of French food. 8-minute walk.
- La Fabbrica – Very good (and reasonably-priced) Italian cuisine. Great with children. 8-minute walk.
- Apicius – Unique romantic setting in a former mansion, lush garden, upscale traditional French. 9-minute walk.
- Schwartz’s Deli – American-style delicatessen and hamburger joint. 11-minute walk.
- Miss Kō – Sushi and Asian fusion, with fantastic Philippe Starck-designed interior. 11-minute walk.
- Le Chalet du 8eme – Excellent crepes in a cool cabin-like setting. Great vegetarian option. 11-minute walk.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code. 14-minute walk.
- La Belle Ferronniere – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables. 15-minute walk.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant. 16-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee). 11-minute walk.
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about. 12-minute walk.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc. 20-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Carrefour City Market – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor. Open Monday-Saturday 7am-10pm, Sunday 9am-1pm. 2-minute walk.
- Rue Poncelet Market – Charming farmers’ market near the Arc de Triomphe. Fruits, vegetables, flowers, cheese, seafood. 8-minute walk.
- Pharmacie Des Champs-Elysées – Over the counter medications, first aid, and beauty products. 12-minute walk.