SD › Paris › Hotels › Le Royal Monceau Raffles Review
Updated: April 14, 2022
• Location: Central 8th arrondissement, between the Arc de Triomphe and Parc Monceau, very near the Champs-Elysées.
• Hotel website: raffles.com
• Hotel phone: +33 (0) 1 42 99 88 00
• Check prices for Le Royal Monceau Raffles
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – stunning Philippe Starck-designed luxury hotel that mixes cool artsiness with antique elegance. Located in a tranquil part of the 8th arrondissement, guests here have easy access to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, and one of Paris’ prettiest parks, the Parc Monceau. Perfect for the culture-savvy traveler, Le Royal Monceau maintains a unique emphasis on contemporary art through its in-house art gallery and bookstore, and supplies each room with an acoustic guitar. A dedicated “Art Concierge” curates a weekly selection of exhibits and events around town, as well as offers custom tours of the hotel’s private collection. The hotel’s private cinema hosts Sunday night champagne-and-gourmet popcorn screenings, and the gorgeous 16,000 sq ft. Clarins spa has one of the largest private pools in the city.
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – Location
Central 8th arrondissement location, between the Arc de Triomphe and Parc Monceau, very near the Champs-Elysées. Situatued in an upscale neighborhood, amid shops and cafes, and within walking distance to the Grand Palais, luxury shopping on Avenue Montaigne, and the Eiffel Tower.
- Address: 37 Avenue Hoche
- Nearest Metro: Ternes and Charles de Gaulle – Étoile.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – The Basics
- Ages: Family-friendly. Cribs, baby beds, and baby bath products are available for infants and toddlers, and DVD players, Wii and PlayStation gaming systems available on request for older kids. There are kids’ menus available in the restaurants and room service. Kids are welcome in the hotel swimming pool from 10am to 5pm daily. Babysitting services can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Small dogs (up to 11 pounds) stay free. Bowls, beds, and treats provided.
- View: Some rooms feature views of the Arc de Triomphe.
- Parking: Valet parking rate is €40/day.
- Nice Perks: In-house contemporary art gallery and bookshop. Sunday night film screening in the hotel’s 99-seat cinema. An acoustic guitar, art books, and artwork from the hotel’s private collection are featured in each room. Clarins bath amenities. Daily newspaper delivery.
- When to Book: Book months in advance, especially for the high travel seasons of April-September, and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 (0) 1 42 99 88 00
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: raffles.com
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – Amenities
- Pool: A gorgeous, Philippe Starck-designed 23-meter indoor swimming pool, part of the hotel’s Clarins spa, is available to guests from 6:30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday; 7:30am to 8:30pm Sundays. Kids are welcome from 10am to 5pm.
- Spa: Le Royal Monceau’s Clarins Spa offers facial and body treatments, nail care and waxing, make-up services, and massage packages. There is also a hair salon. Treatments are available 9am – 9pm (last appointment at 8:15 pm) Monday to Saturday; Sundays 8:30am – 8pm (last appointment at 7:15 pm).
- Fitness Center: Small, but well-equipped two-room gym with Technogym cardio machines, mats, and free weights. Private fitness coaching, yoga facilities, and pilates equipment and instruction are available. Open 6:30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday; 7:30am to 8:30pm Sundays.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Le Royal Monceau has 3 restaurants on-site: Matsuhisa offers gourmet Peruvo-Japanese cuisine under the direction of renowned Japanese chef Nobu. • Il Carpaccio boasts one Michelin star and features Italian cuisine with desserts by Pierre Hermé • La Cuisine serves daily breakfast and weekend brunch. Seasonal terrace seating is available for all restaurants.
- Lounge/Bar: 2 bars. The Long Bar serves cocktails, breakfast, snacks, and tapas; open Thursday to Saturday from 8am to 1am, Sunday to Wednesday from 8am to midnight. • Le Club Viñales is a private cigar lounge open only to Raffles hotel members, by reservation only.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served daily in La Cuisine restaurant from 7-10:30am, and in the Long Bar from 8am to noon.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Room • Deluxe Collection Room • Executive Room • Junior Suite • Gallery Suite • Signature Suite • Lifestyle Suite • Prestige Suite • Penthouse Suite • Royal Monceau Suite • Katara Presidential Suite • Raffles Presidential Suite • Presidential Suite 241 • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: All rooms at Le Royal Monceau are non-smoking.
- Best Room: The Raffles Presidential Suite features 3 bedrooms, a private gym, a huge living and dining room, private entrance, and a personal elevator with direct spa access.
Le Royal Monceau Raffles – What’s Nearby?
- Mariage Frères – Tea shop with excellent brunch and dessert.
- Taillevent – Updated French classics, legendary reputation, formal but not stuffy.
- Pierre Gagnaire – 3-star Michelin, contemporary French cooking, seafood-heavy, dress code.
- Micka Falafel – Good and cheap falafel take-away, for those in a hurry or tired of French food.
- La Fabbrica – Very good (and reasonably-priced) Italian cuisine. Great with children.
- Apicius – Unique romantic setting in a former mansion, lush garden, upscale traditional French.
- Schwartz’s Deli – American-style delicatessen and hamburger joint.
- Miss Kō – Sushi and Asian fusion, with fantastic Philippe Starck-designed interior.
- Le Chalet du 8eme – Excellent crepes in a cool cabin-like setting. Great vegetarian option.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code.
- La Belle Ferronniere – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- UC-61 – Cool submarine-themed speakeasy and cigar bar. Hard to find, but worth searching out.
- Le Speakeasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee).
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Carrefour City Market – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor. Open Monday-Saturday 7am-10pm, Sunday 9am-1pm.
- Rue Poncelet Market – Charming farmers’ market near the Arc de Triomphe. Fruits, vegetables, flowers, cheese, seafood. Closed Mondays.
- Pharmacie Des Champs-Elysées – Over the counter medications, first aid, and beauty products.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Arc de Triomphe
- Lido Cabaret
- Parc Monceau
- Avenue Montaigne
- Grand Palais
- Eiffel Tower
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter