• Location: Jl.Pratama, Tanjung Benoa.
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 771 256
• Check prices for Rumah
Rumah – Charming, affordable, and traditional alternative to a modern beach resort.
Part of the renowned Bumbu Bali Restaurant and Cooking School, the handful of rooms and villas are individually designed and positioned around the enchanting gardens like a Balinese village. Every room features elegant traditional décor, an open-air bathroom, marble floors, and teak tables, along with mod-cons expected of a resort costing twice as much. All accommodations face the gardens, shady pool, or courtyard bristling with busy kitchens. And the secluded two and three-bedroom villas (some with private pools) are accessible along a cobblestone path. It is located away from the main road, far from traffic and jet-skis, but close to several cafés and shops. Other attractions include a tennis court, cooking classes, and off-street parking.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Rumah – The Location
- Area: About halfway along the peninsula, 100m from the main road and another 100m from the beach. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- Address: Just off Jalan Pratama, the main road through Tanjung Benoa, a quieter resort region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (13 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Cooking classes.
Rumah – The Basics
- Guests: Most suited to couples and probably those over 50 who would appreciate the quaint old-fashioned setting away from the beach.
- Beach: Doesn’t face the sea, so simply cross the road and cut through one of the resorts. Beaches in front of the resorts are wide, with white sand and calm water, but are sometimes busy (and noisy) with water sports.
- Views: Most rooms and villas overlook the gardens, while some also face the pool. A few are within a courtyard full of ponds near the cooking school facilities.
- Kitchen: Some villas have fully-equipped and open-air kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: A few villas feature private pools.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 771 256
- Website: No website.
Rumah – Amenities
- Pools: The long pool blends into the refined setting. Separate kids plunge pool is very modest compared to resorts nearby.
- Spa: No spa, but massages can be arranged through the reception.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at an old-fashioned boutique hotel like this.
- Activities: The hotel is home to the renowned Bumbu Bali Cooking School. This is based at the kitchen/café on-site.
- Other Facilities: Tennis court.
Rumah – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The café is used mostly for cooking classes, so it’s generally not open to guests (or the public), except at breakfast.
- Breakfast: All rates include breakfast.
- Room Service: With no proper café, room service is not available.
Rumah – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Room • Family Room • Individual villas named after flowers – Villa Bougainvillea • Villa Alamanda • Villa Frangipani • Villa Blue Hibiscus • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking is allowed in or anywhere near the rooms or public areas.
- Best Room: The luxurious Villa Frangipani is beautifully presented, with 3 bedrooms and a private pool.
- For Families: Some villas feature 2 or 3 bedrooms, comfortably sleeping up to 7. The twin-level Family Rooms can squeeze in an extra single bed.
Rumah – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet. Ask at the hotel reception about renting bikes.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There is no public transport in the area. To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are cheap and comfortable. Driving a car anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but cars can be rented from a few agencies along the main road, while motorbikes are not as easy to rent as they are elsewhere. For longer distances, hire a car with a driver through the hotel.
- Local Shuttle Buses: No shuttle bus company offers services to/from Tanjung Benoa, including the Kura-Kura Bus. About every hour during shopping time, a free shuttle bus (available to all) links major hotels in Tanjung Benoa with the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (see below). Catch the bus at Hotel Nikko, on the other side of the main road.
Rumah – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Tree International Pub & Restaurant – Jackfruit tree, outdoor and indoor seating, vintage photographs, and reggae music.
- Bumbu Bali Tanjung – About 300m north up the road. Renowned for its exquisite traditional setting and excellent Balinese food.
- Black Tom’s – Friendly expat hangout, with tables shaped like beer barrels and live music nightly. About 500m north of the hotel.
- Tropical Resto – Terrific café/bar for meeting new friends over a beer, cocktail, or wine. Attractive courtyard setting. Just past Black Tom’s.
- Plenty of minimarts in both directions, but little else to excite shoppers. So take the free hourly shuttle bus from any resort in Tanjung Benoa to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua with department stores, large souvenir shops, and abundant cafés.
- Tanjung Benoa is renowned as the epicenter for all sorts of activities on and above the water. Jet-skiing and parasailing can be arranged at the end of the lane to the beach which starts about 250m south of the lane leading to the hotel.