Sakala Resort – For beach lovers, with luxury inside and hedonism out.
Straddling both sides of the main road, this resort is ultra-modern. The main attraction is the sea-facing Sakala Beach Club with a long infinity-edged pool, gym, spa, and swim-up bar. Almost all accommodations are across the road, offering little or no genuine sea views, but are very comfortable and contemporary. Rooms at ground level have direct access to the lagoon-style pool from the patios, and the secluded two-bedroom villas feature private pools. The kids club is substantial. The resort is a little isolated in the north, though there are a few shops, cafés, and water sports kiosks nearby, and the proximity to the charming village of Benoa is a bonus.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Sakala Resort – The Location
- Area: Facing the beach in the northern part of the peninsula, with enough (but not many) facilities within walking distance. Only 500m north to Benoa village.
- Address: Jalan Pratama No.95, the main road through Tanjung Benoa, a quieter resort region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about (15 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Benoa village.
Sakala Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Appeals to the younger set which is attracted by the trendy beach club. Caters well for families, but children may feel out of place.
- Kids Club: Modern, large, and supervised, but not as alluring as other resorts because it’s indoors and dark. Range of engaging activities in 3 separate areas for different age groups. Also, books, movies, and computers.
- Beach: Very wide and reasonably well-maintained, but noisy at times from water sports.
- Views: Almost all accommodation is on the other side of the road from the beach, so any possible sea views are mostly obstructed by buildings. Views are generally poor throughout, with limited gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Ground-floor suites have direct access to the main pool from the patio. The 2-bedroom villas feature private pools.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure off-street parking available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 775 216
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: sakalaresortbali.com
Sakala Resort – Amenities
- Pools: Two huge pools. One facing the sea is part of the Sakala Beach Club. The second pool in front of the suites is long, with infinity edges and shaped like a lagoon. Both have swim-up bars.
- Spa: The refined Wellness Spa uses unique organic products for its extensive range of treatments. Also heated spa beds, steam rooms, special baths, and specific areas and treatments for children.
- Fitness Center: The amazing Health Club is spread over 4 levels. Latest equipment, and personal trainers to help out. Open 24/7.
- For Families: Games room. Baby-sitting. Children’s meals at the restaurant.
Sakala Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The Restaurant – At the Sakala Beach Club, facing the sea. Indonesian and Western meals, and tapas, all day. Elegant décor, children’s menu, and live music at night. • Sakala Pool Bar – Alongside the pool at the Beach Club, with stools in the water. • Lagoon Bar – Swim-up bar at the pool in front of the suites. • The Lobby Bar – More sophisticated for cocktails and coffee.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available all day and late into the night.
Sakala Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Lower Ground Suite • Deluxe Suite • Deluxe Pool View Suite • Deluxe Pool Access Suite • 2 Bedroom Suite • Family Suite • Sakala Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted in the rooms or public areas, but is allowed elsewhere.
- Best Room: In a secluded and quieter section of the resort, the Sakala Villas are exquisite. Sporting a gorgeous contemporary Balinese design, some are twin-level with 2 bedrooms, bathrooms, and living areas.
- For Families: Family Suites feature 2 bedrooms, TVs, and bathrooms, but some suffer from traffic noise. The twin-level 2 Bedroom Villas have 2 separate living areas. And some other suites have connecting doors.
Sakala Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet. Ask at reception about bike rentals.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There is no public transport in the area. To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are cheap and comfortable. Driving a car anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but cars can be rented from a few agencies along the main road, while motorbikes are not as easy to rent as they are elsewhere. For longer distances, hire a car with a driver through the hotel.
- Local Shuttle Buses: No shuttle bus company offers services to/from Tanjung Benoa, including the Kura-Kura Bus. About every hour during shopping time, a free shuttle bus (available to all) links major hotels in Tanjung Benoa with the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (see below). But the bus doesn’t come this far north.
Sakala Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Not a great choice in the northern part of Tanjung Benoa.
- The Tao Bali – Chic beach club featuring a pool, lounge chairs, exotic cocktails, and Thai food. Less than 100m north.
- Rai Restaurant – Cavernous eatery specializing in Chinese food. Mostly for groups of water sports clients, but anyone welcome. 100m south.
- Pondok Duo – Best along the peninsula for authentic padang food (buffet of Indonesian dishes served cold).
- Limited options in the immediate area, but a couple of minimarts nearby. The free hourly shuttle bus to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, doesn’t come to this resort. But guests can jump on the bus outside the Grand Mirage resort, 1 km to the south, or get a taxi.
- Tanjung Benoa is renowned as the epicenter in Bali for all sorts of activities on and above the water. One of the better places for jet-skiing or parasailing is Bayu Suta, on the beach and next to the resort.
- Benoa Village – For a glimpse of genuine Balinese village life about 500m north up the road. Daily market, and unique combination within 100m of each other: church, temple, and mosque.