Hotel Sebastian’s – Atmospheric boutique hotel in the upper reaches of the historic canal ring.
The little sister of the super-plush Hotel TwentySeven, this family-run, intimate boutique hotel occupies a beautifully-maintained canal house. In the rooms, an opulent color scheme of red, golds, and purples prevails, along with snazzy wallpaper, gilded mirrors, and mod-cons such as espresso makers, flat-screen TVs, and Rituals bath products in the spacious bathrooms, many of which have tubs as well as showers. Service is extremely professional and helpful, and Sebastian’s is well-located both for sightseeing and Amsterdam’s best shopping.
Hotel Sebastian’s – Location
- Address: Keizersgracht 15,1015 CC Amsterdam.
- Nearest Tram: Nieuwezijds Kolk.
- Area: On a quiet street overlooking the northern end of Keizersgracht canal in the historic Canal Belt, just a few minutes’ walk from the lively Jordaan district and the boutiques, cafes, and bars of the trendy Nine Streets neighborhood. The Dam Square and the Royal Palace are a 15-minute walk away, Anne Frank House is less than 10 minutes on foot, and the Museum Quarter is around 25 minutes away by tram. Good tram connections to the Centraal Station from the nearest tram stop (less than 10 minutes’ walk).
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then tram #1, #2 or #5 to the Nieuwezijds Kolk stop, a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
- Handy to: Anne Frank House, Nine Streets, historic canal ring, Dam Square.
Hotel Sebastian’s – The Basics
- Ages: Most guests tend to be couples or friends on a city break, but children of all ages are welcome.
- View: Of the 26 rooms, the Small rooms face the inner courtyard, Medium rooms overlook either the courtyard gardens or the canal, and the Large rooms come with canal views of the Keizersgracht.
- Laundry: In-room laundry service.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools/jacuzzi.
- Extras: Bicycle rental available for guests. Young, knowledgeable staff is happy to book theater and museum tickets and make dining reservations.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-423-2342
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: hotelsebastians.nl
Hotel Sebastian’s – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Not suitable for disabled guests.
- For Families: Children under 12 stay free; cots, extra beds, and babysitting services provided at extra cost.
Hotel Sebastian’s – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: There is no onsite restaurant, but the bar serves light lunch, including a fresh soup-of-the-day, with snacks available throughout the day. • $$ • There are numerous evening dining options an easy walk away.
- Lounge/Bar: The atmospheric bar – all purples, crystal chandeliers, comfy chairs, and arty photos – is popular with guests and Amsterdammers alike, and serves a good mix of classic and signature cocktails.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A generous buffet breakfast with eggs to order is served from 8 am to 10.30 am and costs €13 per person.
- Room Service: No room service.
Hotel Sebastian’s – Rooms
- Room Types: Small • Medium • Large • Family
- Smoking Rooms: Rooms at Sebastian’s are 100% smoke-free, but there’s a designated area for smokers.
- Best Room: It’s hard to go wrong with one of the Large rooms with canal views. If there are 4 of you, Room 337 has only partial canal views, but is the most spacious of the Large rooms, and wonderfully bright to boot with windows on both sides.
- For Families: Some of the larger rooms can accommodate a family of 4.
Hotel Sebastian’s – Local Transport
- Walking: Anne Frank House, the Medieval Center, and the characterful Jordaan neighborhood are just minutes away on foot, the Royal Palace is less than 15 minutes away, as is the Red Light District.
- Tram: From the nearby Nieuwezijds stop, trams run north to Centraal Station and south towards Leidseplein and the Museum Quarter.
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Hotel Sebastian’s – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Those Dam Boat Guys – Entertaining, small boat canal cruises involving wisecracking guides and craft beer. Depart near the Amsterdam Cheese Museum. Start location: 8-minute walk.
- Gs Brunch Boat – The world’s only brunch boat sets sail year round from Keizersgracht 177. Extensive menus are accompanied by mimosas and bloody marys, together with an hour and a half’s Amsterdam canal tour. Start location: 8-minute walk.
- Secret Food Tours – Sample raw herring, stamppot, stroopwafel, pancakes, and more on this walking tour of traditional Dutch food hotspots. Meet at the Anne Frank House. Start location: 9-minute walk.
- Jewish History Amsterdam – Themed walking tours of Jewish Amsterdam; tours of the western canal ring typically start at the Anne Frank House. Start location: 9-minute walk.
- Lovers Canal Cruises – Hour-long small boat canal cruises depart from the dock near the Anne Frank House. Start location: 9-minute walk.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- De Belhamel – Romantic French restaurant serving the likes of sea bass risotto and sirloin with fondant potatoes. Great canal-side location. 3-minute walk.
- Restaurant Bleu – Salads, hamburgers, and croquet monsieurs for lunch and carpaccios and steaks for dinner at this hip brasserie. 4-minute walk.
- Tapas Café Duende – The oldest tapas bar in Amsterdam shines when it comes to patatas bravas and mejillones picantes. Flamenco performances most Saturdays. 4-minute walk.
- Pancake Bakery – Traditional Dutch pancakes with sweet and savory toppings, cooked in an open kitchen opposite the Anne Frank House. 5-minute walk.
- Toscanini – White tablecloths, refined Italian dishes, homemade bread, a fine wine list, and a romantic ambience. Dinner reservations recommended. 5-minute walk.
- De Silveren Spiegel – Beautifully presented contemporary takes on Dutch dishes in an atmospheric house dating back to 1614. 5 to 8-course tasting menus only on Fridays and Saturdays. Romance your loved one here. 7-minute walk.
- Spanjer en van Twist – Frequently changing, internationally-inspired menu, excellent apple tart, and a great canal-side terrace for people-watching. 7-Minute walk.
- La Perla Pizzeria – Thin-crust pizza wood-fired in a traditional stone oven. Bring your family or bring a date. Bookings recommended. 9-minute walk.
- Breda – One for special occasions. Multi-course, seasonal lunch and dinner menus by some of the city’s most creative chefs, plus 15 wines by the glass. Reservations essential. 10-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Café Tabac – Atmospheric bar with beamed ceilings and a great location at the intersection of 2 beautiful canals. Good Asian snacks. 2-minute walk.
- Café de Vergulde Gaper – Former apothecary turned popular canal-side bar, with vintage posters and sunny terrace. Good for a coffee, beer, burger, or light lunch. 4-minute walk.
- ‘t Arendsnest – Dutch beer only: almost 200 bottled brews, and 30 on tap. Choose between the canal-side terrace, or the gorgeous brown café interior, complete with copper jenever boilers. 5-minute walk.
- Vesper Bar – Stylish cocktail bar serving killer martinis and signature cocktails such as Victoria’s Secret. 6-minute walk.
- De Kat in de Wijngaert – Intimate bar attracting arty types. Good for a beer, sandwich, and live jazz and DJ sets on Monday evenings. 6-minute walk.
- Wijnbar DiVino – Superb selection of Italian wines – by the bottle and by the glass – with a supporting cast of cheese and charcuterie platters. 7-minute walk.
- ‘t Smalle – 18th-century jenever distillery turned beautiful brown café, with porcelain beer pumps and appealing riverside terrace. 8-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- I Love Vintage – Vintage dresses, jewelry, and accessories from 1920’s-1950’s, as well as retro-style new threads. 5-minute walk.
- Chills and Thrills – Smart shop selling magic truffles, herbal trips, accessories, and more. 6-minute walk.
- Cellarrich – Leather accessories, from leather-bound notebooks to bags, gloves, and wallets. 7-minute walk.
- Amsterdam Duck Store – Nothing but rubber ducks here, from classic yellow to Batman, S&M, and Game of Thrones ducks. 8-minute walk.
- Universe on a T-shirt – Cute little store with original t-shirt and sweatshirt designs. 8-minute walk.
- Rock Archive – Limited edition prints of icons such as Leonard Cohen, Bjork, and Robert Plant. 8-minute walk.
- Puccini Bomboni – Some of Amsterdam’s best handmade chocolates. 1 of 3 branches. 9-minute walk.
- Reypenaer Cheese Tasting – Peruse the cheeses in the shop above or descend into the cellar to taste 6 of the offerings (book ahead). 9-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Hotel Sebastian’s – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
- Sir Adam Hotel
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Hotel De Hallen
- Hotel JL No76
- Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel Amsterdam
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide