The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – A beachside, motel-style hotel, quiet and perfect for families.
Along the less boisterous end of the esplanade, but still squarely among the action, the Sebel is an excellent choice to relish magnificent Manly. Fresh as the breeze and seeping with tropical charm, the hotel spreads across two towers, each with an outdoor pool – surprising, considering a perfect beach is just meters away. Much of the accommodation caters for families, with plenty of room for extra single beds, while the one and two-bedroom apartments feature kitchenettes, separate lounge/dining areas, and balconies large enough for tables and chairs. Rooms in the North Tower offer gorgeous views of the street and beach (pines and palms permitting); less so, however, from the South Tower. The Sebel is about fifteen minutes on foot along the delightful outdoor pedestrian mall to the ferry terminal. And the boat trip to Manly across Sydney Harbour is truly wonderful.
The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – The Basics
- Location: On South Steyne Road, along the esplanade facing the main beach.
- Guests: Caters very well for families and popular with groups of young people.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Beach: Directly opposite the hotel, Manly Beach is long, clean, and shady, but be careful of the waves.
- Views: Of the beach from most rooms in the North Tower; more likely street views from the South Tower.
- Wi-Fi: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Available for a small fee.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 9977 8866
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: thesebelmanlybeach.com.au
The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – Amenities
- Pool: Two outdoor pools, both with a jacuzzi attached; one is heated.
- Spa, Fitness Center, & Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Lounge/Bar: Manly Wine offers fresh seafood, excellent beach views from street-side tables, and live music in the summer.
- Breakfast: Included in some packages.
- Room Service: Available from 11am to 11pm.
The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Studio Room • Standard Family Room • Superior Studio • Deluxe Ocean View Studio • Deluxe Ocean View One and Two-Bedroom Apartment
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On a corner with twice the views, the Deluxe Ocean View Two-Bedroom Apartment is bright, airy, and very spacious.
The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Garfish Manly – Sublime spot on the harbor-side beach for seafood and sunsets.
- Ouzeria – Meters from the hotel and run by a friendly Greek family, with a beachfront corner location.
- Wharf Bar – At the ferry terminal, very popular for views, breeze, and seaside ambiance.
- 4 Pines Brewery – Famous micro-brewery offering unique beers and pub food.
- The ferry terminal is a 15-minute walk. Traveling by ferry across the Sydney Harbour is half the attraction of visiting Manly. And an interesting alternative is to travel via gorgeous Watsons Bay.
The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney