Updated: May 22, 2018
The Sebel Manly Beach – a beachside, motel-style hotel, quiet and perfect for families.
Along the less boisterous end of the esplanade, but still squarely among the action, the Sebel is an excellent choice to relish magnificent Manly. Fresh as the breeze and seeping with tropical charm, the hotel spreads over two towers, each with an outdoor pool – surprising, considering a perfect beach is just metres away. Much of the accommodation caters for families, with plenty of room for extra single beds, while the one- and two-bedroom apartments feature a kitchenette, separate lounge/dining area, and balcony large enough for a table and chairs. Rooms in the North Tower boast gorgeous views of the street and beach (pines and palms permitting); less so, however, from the South Tower. The Sebel is about 15 minutes on foot along the delightful outdoor pedestrian mall to the ferry terminal. And the boat trip to Manly across the Sydney Harbour is truly wonderful.
The Sebel Manly Beach – The Basics
- Location: On South Steyne Road, along the esplanade facing the main beach.
- Guests: Caters very well for families, and popular with groups of young people.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Beach: Directly opposite the hotel, Manly Beach is long, clean and shady, but be careful of the waves.
- Views: Of the beach from most rooms in the North Tower; more likely street views from the South Tower.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Available for a small fee.
- Phone: 9977 8866
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.thesebelmanlybeach.com.au
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
The Sebel Manly Beach – Amenities
- Pool: Two outdoor pools, both with a Jacuzzi attached; one is heated.
- Spa, Fitness Center & Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
The Sebel Manly Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Lounge/Bar: Manly Wine has been recently renovated. It offers fresh seafood and excellent beach views from street-side tables, and live music in summer.
- Breakfast: Included in some packages.
- Room Service: Available from 11am to 11pm.
The Sebel Manly Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Studio Rooms • Standard Family Rooms • Superior Studios • Deluxe Ocean View Studios • Deluxe Ocean View One- and Two-Bedroom Apartments
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On a corner with twice the views, the Deluxe Ocean View Two-Bedroom Apartment is bright, airy and very spacious.
The Sebel Manly Beach – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Garfish Manly – sublime spot on the harbour-side beach for seafood and sunsets. 6-minute walk.
- Ouzeria – metres from the hotel and run by a friendly Greek family, with a beachfront corner location. 1-minute walk.
- Manly Wharf Hotel – at the ferry terminal, very popular for views, breezes and seaside ambience. 7-minute walk.
- 4 Pines Brewery – famous micro-brewery offering unique beers and pub food. 7-minute walk.
The ferry terminal is a 15-minute walk. (Travelling by ferry across the Sydney Harbour is half the attraction of visiting Manly. And an interesting alternative is to travel via gorgeous Watsons Bay.)