by Santorini Dave • Updated: May 16, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – Stylish, personable, and serene – not another pretentious resort.
A variety of rooms are spread out among the Beach Wing, which offers ocean views, and the Garden Wing on the other side of the road. All rooms are comfortable, without being opulent, and feature a modern Balinese décor. Suites are far larger and more luxurious, and boast of jacuzzis with sea views. The secluded villas with private pools are close to the sea, but don’t provide views of the beach (which is grey). The stunning infinity pool is surrounded by palms and traditional statues and fountains, and just steps from the sand. Situated where the street (which isn’t noisy) comes close to Seminyak Beach, the resort is also within a short stroll of several bars, bistros, and boutiques.
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – The Location
- Address: Along Jalan Kayu Aya street (also called Jalan Laksmana), in the middle of Seminyak, a more sophisticated tourist region in southern Bali.
- Area: Between the street and Seminyak Beach. Fabulous selection of places to eat, drink, and shop all around, including trendy beach clubs. Not as isolated as resorts to the north and more ‘Seminyak-y’ than those closer to Legian in the south.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 40 minutes (14km), depending on traffic.
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – The Basics
- Guests: The vibe is more about couples, especially those on honeymoon or a romantic getaway. Children are welcome, but the resort isn’t that interested in families.
- Beach: Heading north from Kuta, the sand becomes increasingly grey, but the waves are still rough, so swim between the flags. The beach also becomes less developed, so there’s less shade and fewer drink stalls on the sand.
- Views: Rooms are in 2 wings, 1 on either side of the street. Those in the Garden Wing face the gardens, while suites in the Beach Wing boast ocean views. Villas are secluded behind walls.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Suites have jacuzzis, while villas feature private pools and jacuzzis.
- Extras: Afternoon tea. Yoga classes.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: Enough free and secure places on the grounds, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 730 814
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: theseminyak.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: 2 pools, 1 on either side of the road catering to each of the 2 wings. The main infinity-edged pool is gorgeous and only 5 meters from the beach. It features an attractive deck, carved statues, and fountains. Both pools have swim-up bars.
- Spa: The wonderful Kahyangan Spa oozes class from the opulent lobby to the soothing treatment rooms. Special areas for couples, as well as a sauna and plunge pools.
- Fitness Center: Well-equipped, with free yoga classes each morning.
- Other Facilities: Business center. Hairdressing salon.
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Sanje Restaurant & Lounge – Divine beachside setting. Shady and especially romantic at night with candles, live music, and themed buffets frequently. With a sunken bar alongside the pool and another on its other side. • Santan Restaurant – For breakfast and all-day dining in a garden setting overlooking ponds. Food from Indonesia and elsewhere in Asia, and plenty of vegetarian options. • Klass & Brass – Open from 5 pm, a chic lounge offering cocktails, wine, and whisky. Likeable 1930’s-style décor and vibe, with live jazz nightly.
- Breakfast: Usually included, but check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Garden Wing Rooms • Beach Wing Rooms • Ocean Front Rooms • Ocean Suites • 1 Bedroom Garden Pool Villas • 1 Bedroom Ocean Pool Villas • 2 Bedroom Garden Pool Villas
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms, and quite strict elsewhere. Ask about dedicated smoking areas.
- Best Room: Impossible to go past the 1 Bedroom Ocean Pool Villas. Especially designed for honeymooners, each villa comes with a living area, sizeable pool, gazebo, jacuzzi, and awesome ocean views.
- For Families: Some rooms have connecting doors and a few villas come with 2 bedrooms, but the resort isn’t that well set up for families.
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Seminyak has to offer. Cycling around the main roads of Seminyak is increasingly problematic given the traffic, but pleasant along the backstreets and further south on the beachside path. Ask the reception about bike rentals.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Seminyak with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Drivers hang about the streets, but it’s better to organize this through the resort. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a few agencies offer rentals. Motorbikes are easy to arrange at local agencies and useful for getting around Seminyak/Legian – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some may pick up guests from their hotel, but services for the main island-wide operator, Perama, only leave from its office in Kuta.
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Wah Wah Gourmet Burger Winebar – Only 50m north up the street for burgers, ribs, and pizzas. Pricey, but a fun night out. 1-minute walk.
- Ku De Ta – Next to the resort. One of Bali’s first beach clubs, and still one of the very best. Named from coup d’etat for fine dining and finer sunsets. 1-minute walk (50m).
Only 250m east along the street, the Kayu Aya Square shopping center offers (among others):
- Plenty of minimarts and boutiques all around. About 250m east along the street, Kayu Aya Square offers several eateries and souvenir stalls, but for a classier and more varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop, walk another 400m to the quaint Seminyak Square, a split-level collection of bistros, bakeries, and bookshops (650m, 8-minute walk). Otherwise, grab a taxi to the world-class Beachwalk shopping center in Kuta (11km, 45-minute drive).