• Location: 16th arrondissement location on a tree-lined street just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower.
• Hotel website: shangri-la.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 5367 1998
• Check prices for Shangri-La
Shangri-La – Once the residence of Napoleon Bonaparte’s grandnephew, is an historic five-star stunner of a hotel with phenomenal Eiffel Tower views. Celebrating its aristocratic roots, most rooms are fashioned in a 19th century Empire style, with neoclassical furnishings and tones of blue, white, and ecru. Many of the rooms contain luxurious marble bathrooms and king sized beds, with modern touches like flat-screen TVs embedded into the bathroom mirror or an in-room Nespresso machine for making coffee. Sitting just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower, views are phenomenal. The historic salons, with their gilded gold leaf ceilings and imperial insignias, have been officially registered as historic monuments and contain some Bonaparte family originals. The hotel’s notable dining options include Europe’s first Michelin starred Chinese restaurant Shang Palace, which serves the best Peking duck in Paris.
Shangri-La – Location
Fantastic 16th arrondissement location on tree-lined Avenue d’Iéna, one block to the Trocadéro and just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower. 350 feet from Iéna Metro Station.
- Address: 10 Avenue d’Iéna
- Nearest Metro: Iéna.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Shangri-La – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome; cribs, bottle warmers, sleep sacks, high chairs, and baby bath tubs are provided for babies; robes, slippers, treats and bath toys are provided for older kids. Children of registered hotel guests (6 and under) can enjoy complimentary buffet meals in the All Day Dining venue when accompanied by a paying adult. Babysitting services can be arranged through the hotel concierge.
- Pet Policy: One pet up to 20 pounds is allowed for no additional fee. Bowl and bed provided.
- View: About half of all rooms and suites have incredible views of the Eiffel Tower – possibly the best of any hotel in Paris. Other views are of the beautiful hotel garden and surrounding avenues.
- Parking: Valet parking is €40 per night.
- Nice Perks: In-room espresso machines. Daily newspaper on request. Complimentary shoeshine service. Umbrellas available at the front desk. Bulgari toiletries.
- When to Book: Book several months in advance, especially for peak-season travel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 5367 1998
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: shangri-la.com
Shangri-La – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful 15m long indoor mosiac-tile pool with outdoor terrace. Poolside food and beverage service is available. 8am-9pm daily.
- Spa: CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La offers facial and body treatments (including pregnancy treatment), including in-room treatments, from 8am-9pm daily. Advance booking is recommended.
- Fitness Center: The fitness room overlooks the swimming pool terrace, and is open from 8am-9pm daily. Cycling, treadmill, elliptical, stairstepper machines; free weights.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Shangri-La Suite has an indoor jacuzzi.
Shangri-La – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: 2 restaurants: Shang Palace (1 Michelin Star) serves Cantonese fare. • La Bauhinia features French and Southeast Asian food. Reservations recommended.
- Lounge/Bar: Le Bar Botaniste is elegant and intimate, featuring excellent cocktails and food menus from 6pm-2am, and serving an 100% vegan afternoon tea from Afternoon 3-6pm weekdays (reservations recommended). No smoking allowed.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Breakfast is served from 7:30 at L’Ableille (Tues-Sat), and from 6:30-11am daily at La Bauhinia.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service menu.
Shangri-La – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Terrace Room • Eiffel-View Room • Terrace Eiffel-View Room • Junior Suite • Junior Paris-View Suite • Deluxe Suite • Duplex Suite • Terrace Suite • Duplex Eiffel-View Suite • Duplex Terrace Eiffel-View Suite • La Suite Gustave Eiffel • La Suite Chaillot • L’Appartement Prince Bonaparte • La Suite Shangri-La • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is permitted in guest rooms; non-smoking rooms are available by request.
- Wheelchair-Access Rooms: The Shangri-La Paris has 4 rooms with reduced mobility access.
- Best Room: The 7th (top) floor Shangri-La Suite has 120-sqm of indoor living space, with a gigantic 100-sqm terrace that offers panoramic city views of all of Paris’ best sights: Eiffel Tower, the River Seine, the Trocadéro, Notre Dame, the Grand Palais, the Alexandre III bridge, the Pantheon, and more. The Eiffel Tower is viewable from almost anywhere in the suite via its 14-meter-long southern-facing window. This suite can be combined with others on the top floor to create a 4 bedroom apartment with a total living space of 500-sqm.
Shangri-La – What’s Nearby?
- Essaouira – Great Moroccan cuisine 2 blocks from the Trocadéro.
- Etude – Modern vegetable-centric fine dining – an excellent meal out for vegetarians and vegans.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch.
- Baagaa Burger – Casual high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro.
- Le Maxan Restaurant – Modern but cozy French restaurant that serves a mean croque mignon.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code.
- L’Astrance – Modern French with Asian accents, top 50 restaurants in the world 2015, jacket required.
- La Haute Cloche – Traditional, seasonal French cuisine in an intimate atmosphere that falls somewhere between a bistro and brasserie.
- Maison de la Truffe – French for truffle-lovers. Pair any entree with black, white, seasonsal, or burgundy truffles – or go without if they’re not your thing.
- La Belle Ferronniere – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables.
- Le Jules Verne – Alain Ducasse-led contemporary French fine dining restaurant in the Eiffel Tower.
- L’Oiseau Blanc – Intimate French fine dining on the rooftop of the Peninsula Hotel. Amazing views.
- Les Ombres – Classic French cuisine with wonderful Eiffel Tower views.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le Speakeasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier.
- Bar a Champagne – Champagne bar at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris.
- Ladurée le Bar – Famous for macarons, also an elegant spot for a spot of champagne.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Hermès – Luxury accessories; famous for silk scarves and its popular “Birkin” bag.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc.
- Point Plume – Luxury pens? Luxury pens.
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about.
- Maison Fouquet – Amazing selection of luxury chocolates and sweets.
- La Fromagerie – Excellent cheese shop near the Eiffel Tower.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché President Wilson – Lovely street market selling flowers, produce, cheese, fish, and roast chicken. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7am to about 2:30pm.
- Pharmacie Kléber – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and skin care products.
- Carrefour City – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor.
Nearby Attractions & Things To Do
- Trocadéro Gardens
- Palais de Tokyo
- Guimet Asian Arts Museum
- City of Paris Museum of Modern Art
- Aquarium de Paris
- Palais Galliera (City of Paris Fashion Museum)
- River Seine
- Yves Saint Laurent Museum
- Museum of Architecture & Monuments
- Musée de l’Homme (Natural History Museum)
- Crazy Horse Burlesque & Cabaret
- Eiffel Tower
- Musée du Vin (Wine Museum)
- Avenue Montaigne
- Quai Branly Museum
Shangri-La – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train