The Shangri-La Paris – once the residence of Napoleon Bonaparte’s grandnephew, is an historic five-star stunner of a hotel with phenomenal Eiffel Tower views. Celebrating its aristocratic roots, most rooms are fashioned in a 19th century Empire style, with neoclassical furnishings and tones of blue, white, and ecru. Many of the rooms contain luxurious marble bathrooms and king sized beds, with modern touches like flat-screen TVs embedded into the bathroom mirror or an in-room Nespresso machine for making coffee. Sitting just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower, views are phenomenal. The historic salons, with their gilded gold leaf ceilings and imperial insignias, have been officially registered as historic monuments and contain some Bonaparte family originals. Notable dining options include the two-star Michelin L’Abeille and Europe’s first Michelin starred Chinese restaurant Shang Palace, which serves the best Peking duck in Paris.
Shangri-La Paris – The Basics
- Location: Fantastic 16th arrondissement location on tree-lined Avenue d’Iéna, one block to the Trocadéro and just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower. 350 feet from Iéna Metro Station.
- Ages: All ages are welcome; cribs, bottle warmers, sleep sacks, high chairs, and baby bath tubs are provided for babies; robes, slippers, treats and bath toys are provided for older kids. Children of registered hotel guests (6 and under) can enjoy complimentary buffet meals in the All Day Dining venue when accompanied by a paying adult. Babysitting services can be arranged through the hotel concierge.
- Pet Policy: One pet up to 20 pounds is allowed for no additional fee. Bowl and bed provided.
- View: About half of all rooms and suites have incredible views of the Eiffel Tower – possibly the best of any hotel in Paris. Other views are of the beautiful hotel garden and surrounding avenues.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary Wi-Fi for guests.
- Parking: Valet parking is €40 per night.
- Nice Perks: In-room espresso machines. Daily newspaper on request. Complimentary shoeshine service. Umbrellas available at the front desk. Bulgari toiletries.
- Phone: +33 1 5367 1998
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Book several months in advance, especially for peak-season travel.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Shangri-La Paris – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful 15m long indoor mosiac-tile pool with outdoor terrace. Poolside food and beverage service is available. 8am-9pm daily.
- Spa: CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La offers facial and body treatments (including pregnancy treatment), including in-room treatments, from 8am-9pm daily. Advance booking is recommended.
- Fitness Center: The fitness room overlooks the swimming pool terrace, and is open from 8am-9pm daily. Cycling, treadmill, elliptical, stairstepper machines; free weights.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Shangri-La Suite has an indoor jacuzzi.
Shangri-La Paris – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Three restaurants: L’Abeille (Michelin 2-Star) offers gourmet classical French cuisine, Shang Palace (Michelin 1-Star) serves Cantonese fare, and La Bauhinia features French and Southeast Asian food. Reservations recommended.
- Lounge/Bar: Le Bar Botaniste is elegant and intimate, featuring excellent cocktails and food menus from 6pm-2am, and serving an 100% vegan afternoon tea from Afternoon 3-6pm weekdays (reservations recommended). No smoking allowed.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Breakfast is served from 7:30 at L’Ableille (Tues-Sat), and from 6:30-11am daily at La Bauhinia.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service menu.
Shangri-La Paris – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Terrace Room • Eiffel-View Room • Terrace Eiffel-View Room • Junior Suite • Junior Paris-View Suite • Deluxe Suite • Duplex Suite • Terrace Suite • Duplex Eiffel-View Suite • Duplex Terrace Eiffel-View Suite • La Suite Gustave Eiffel • La Suite Chaillot • L’Appartement Prince Bonaparte • La Suite Shangri-La • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is permitted in guest rooms; non-smoking rooms are available by request.
- Wheelchair-Access Rooms: The Shangri-La Paris has 4 rooms with reduced mobility access.
- Best Room: The 7th (top) floor Shangri-La Suite has 120-sqm of indoor living space, with a gigantic 100-sqm terrace that offers panoramic city views of all of Paris’ best sights: Eiffel Tower, the River Seine, the Trocadéro, Notre Dame, the Grand Palais, the Alexandre III bridge, the Pantheon, and more. The Eiffel Tower is viewable from almost anywhere in the suite via its 14-meter-long southern-facing window. This suite can be combined with others on the top floor to create a 4 bedroom apartment with a total living space of 500-sqm.
Shangri-La Paris – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Two in One: Eiffel Tower & Seine Cruise – Three-hour tour; skip-the-line at the Eiffel Tower and cruise past Parisian landmarks on the Seine. 16-minute walk.
- Paris in 1 Day – Eight-hour tour. Eiffel Tower, Seine River cruise, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. 15-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Essaouira – Great Moroccan cuisine two blocks from the Trocadéro. 6-minute walk.
- Etude – Modern vegetable-centric fine dining – an excellent meal out for vegetarians and vegans. 7-minute walk.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées. 8-minute walk.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch. 8-minute walk.
- Baagaa Burger – Casual high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro. 9-minute walk.
- Le Maxan Restaurant – Modern but cozy French restaurant that serves a mean croque mignon. 10-minute walk.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code. 11-minute walk.
- L’Astrance – Modern French with Asian accents, top 50 restaurants in the world 2015, jacket required. 11-minute walk.
- La Haute Cloche – Traditional, seasonal French cuisine in an intimate atmosphere that falls somewhere between a bistro and brasserie. 11-minute walk.
- Maison de la Truffe – French for truffle-lovers. Pair any entree with black, white, seasonsal, or burgundy truffles – or go without if they’re not your thing. 12-minute walk.
- La Belle Ferronniere – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables. 12-minute walk.
- Le Jules Verne – Alain Ducasse-led contemporary French fine dining restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. 12-minute walk.
- L’Oiseau Blanc – Intimate French fine dining on the rooftop of the Peninsula Hotel. Amazing views. 12-minute walk.
- Les Ombres – Classic French cuisine with wonderful Eiffel Tower views. 15-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le Speakeasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended. 11-minute walk
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier. 12-minute walk.
- Bar a Champagne – Champagne bar at the top of the Eiffel Tower. 12-minute walk.
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris. 15-minute walk.
- Ladurée le Bar – Famous for macarons, also an elegant spot for a spot of champagne. 14-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Hermès – Luxury accessories; famous for silk scarves and its popular “Birkin” bag. 13-minute walk.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc. 14-minute walk.
- Point Plume – Luxury pens? Luxury pens. 14-minute walk.
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about. 15-minute walk.
- Maison Fouquet – Amazing selection of luxury chocolates and sweets. 15-minute walk.
- La Fromagerie – Excellent cheese shop near the Eiffel Tower. 22-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché President Wilson – Lovely street market selling flowers, produce, cheese, fish, and roast chicken. 4-minute walk.
- Pharmacie Kléber – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and skin care products. 8-minute walk.
- Carrefour City – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor. 9-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things To Do
- Trocadéro Gardens – 3-minute walk.
- Palais de Tokyo – 3-minute walk.
- Guimet Asian Arts Museum – 3-minute walk.
- City of Paris Museum of Modern Art – 4-minute walk.
- Aquarium de Paris – 4-minute walk.
- Palais Galliera (City of Paris Fashion Museum) – 5-minute walk.
- River Seine – 6-minute walk.
- Yves Saint Laurent Museum – 7-minute walk.
- Museum of Architecture & Monuments – 8-minute walk.
- Palais de Chaillot – 8-minute walk.
- Musée de l’Homme (Natural History Museum) – 8-minute walk.
- Crazy Horse Burlesque & Cabaret – 10-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – 11-minute walk.
- Musée du Vin (Wine Museum) – 12-minute walk.
- Avenue Montaigne – 14-minute walk.
- Quai Branly Museum – 15-minute walk.
- Champs-Elysées – 17-minute walk.
Shangri-La Paris – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme