Sheraton Fiji Resort – Exquisite beach, spacious grounds, and perfect for families.
Most of the rooms in the square, two-level, ocher-colored buildings directly face the sea or offer significant glimpses of the water through angled balconies/patios. With so many activities and a kids club, the Sheraton caters extremely well for families, but doesn’t forget adults, with a child-free pool and ‘quiet zone’. The meandering lagoon-style pool is strikingly located alongside the beach, and there is an impressive arcade of classy boutiques at the lobby. What’s more, the beach is sublime: a curved bay of white sand and blue water that is ideal for walking, swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing.
Sheraton Fiji Resort – The Basics
- Location: On Denarau Island, attached to the main island of Viti Levu. Denarau is a gated complex of upmarket resorts and not really an ‘island’, but joined to the mainland and accessible along a 50m-long causeway. About 8 km from downtown Nadi and 15 km from the airport.
- Guests: Caters overwhelmingly for families, although it also welcomes adults without children with special areas and a child-free pool.
- Beach: This resort has the best beach on Denarau Island, and one of the finest in Fiji. White sand and calm water that is ideal for swimming and kayaking.
- Views: Many rooms have sea views, but some are distant, and many views, especially from the ground floor, can be partially blocked.
- WiFi: Free for guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Always somewhere for guests to park for no cost.
- Nice Perks: Guests can use the facilities in the adjoining and associated resorts: the Sheraton Villas and the Westin Resort.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 675 0777
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: marriott.com
Sheraton Fiji Resort – Amenities
- Pool: Huge lagoon-style pool for families as well as an adults-only pool.
- Spa: Guests can use the award-wining and sophisticated Heavenly Spa at the sister Westin Resort next door. Serene and romantic, it offers a steam room, jacuzzi, and hydrotherapy tub.
- Fitness Center: Guests can use the Workout Fitness Studio at the Westin Resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: There’s a water sports counter and the Denarau Golf & Racquet Club, about 1.2 km from the resort, also has tennis courts.
- For families: The LaiLai Kids Club offers many activities for the young ones. There’s also a playground at the resort, and another at the neighboring Westin Resort. About 600m up the road is the Big Bula Water Park, enjoyed by adults (up to 85 kg) and children alike.
Sheraton Fiji Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Flying Fish Restaurant Fiji – With a superb open-air setting alongside the beach. Specializes in seafood, but also a good place to try traditional Fijian food. Lofty prices and live music. Dress up. • Ports O’Call – More affordable for seafood and steaks. Charming, with an ‘ocean liner’ sort of décor. • Feast Restaurant – Casual dining alongside the pool. Mediterranean-influenced meals, themed buffets (e.g. Fijian and seafood), and wood-fired pizzas. Also, buffet breakfast. Not open for lunch. • The Pantry – At the lobby for coffees, pastries, and snacks.
- Breakfast: Breakfast is not included. Discounts on buffet breakfasts are possible when booking the rooms.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Sheraton Fiji Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Ocean Breeze Room • Ocean View Room • Ocean Front Room • Ocean Studio Room • Presidential Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms or public areas, but is permitted in the gardens and on the beach.
- Best Room: The single Presidential Suite is superb, with an extended living/dining area, gorgeous tropical décor, and broad windows/doors facing the beach only 10m away.
- For families: All rooms (but not the suites) can accommodate families of 4, and many have connecting doors. Check out the competitively-priced packaged deals for families.
Sheraton Fiji Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Just steps up the road, Bulaccino Café has coffees, smoothies, pizzas, and vegetarian meals, and the Creperie Café is great for wraps, crepes, and light meals.
Otherwise, catch the Bula Bus, which passes by every 20 minutes, to Port Denarau and try:
- The resort also encourages guests to eat and drink at the associated and adjoining Sheraton Denarau Villas and the Westin Resort, such as The Wet Edge (for casual poolside dining), Kitchen Grill (seafood and steaks on the beach), and Zing (fusion Asian for dinner).
- Mamacita Mexican Restaurant & Bar – At the Wyndham Resort, 600m down the road, for tacos and tequila, and all things in between.
- Bonefish Seafood Restaurant – Casual, with excellent service and large portions. Try the Crab Curry or seafood platters.
- Indigo Indian Asian Restaurant & Bar – Always popular for spicy food, including seafood curries. Vegetarian meals available.
- Cardo’s Fiji – Steak, seafood, and daily specials including lobster, burgers, and pizzas.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Yees Gourmet Deli, a minute’s walk up the road and next to Bulaccino, offers an impressive selection of foods and snacks. It’s also a well-stocked general store.
Sheraton Fiji Resort – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa