by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 27, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – Luxury that could not be closer to Bali’s most renowned beach and mall.
The gigantic lobby sets the scene: waterfalls, men playing gamelan instruments, and young ladies in traditional costumes welcoming guests. This modern and chic resort is, quite remarkably, located above the upmarket and extensive Beachwalk Shopping Center, right in the middle of Kuta. Every room is opulent, as expected of this international chain, featuring a bright contemporary décor and plush ‘Sheraton bed’. And many rooms are angled with a balcony offering vistas of the famed Kuta Beach and its celebrated sunsets. The upper-level infinity pool and adjacent gym also boast superb views, as well as pleasing breezes, while the entire resort somehow avoids most noise from the incessant traffic below. But the kids club seems like a token add-on – little more than an indoor room packed with TVs and computers.
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – The Location
- Address: Midway along Jalan Pantai Kuta, the beachside road that heads north one-way. In Kuta, the major tourist region in Bali.
- Area: Above the Beachwalk Shopping Center and facing the beachside road. Just across the road from Kuta Beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities at Kuta. Beachwalk Shopping Center.
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Almost all guests are couples of all ages. Far better family options elsewhere.
- Kids Club: [email protected] is fairly unexciting, offering nothing more than an uninspiring room packed with TVs and computers. Small pool attached.
- Beach: Just across the road is the renowned Kuta Beach. It’s public, hence very busy at times, but wide and well-shaded, and the sunsets are legendary. Plenty of drink stalls on the sand. Waves are often more suitable for surfers, so take care and swim between the flags.
- Views: Many rooms are angled towards the ocean and most offer direct sea views, albeit across the road. Better vistas from the upper floors. But other rooms face inwards, overlooking an offshoot of the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Presidential Suites feature a plunge pool.
- Extras: Bicycle rental.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Free and secure parking available but very limited spots. Check when booking. But think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 846 5555
- Email: Send a message through the website marriott.com
- Website: marriott.com
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The infinity-edge pool on an upper floor provides the finest views within the hotel. Overlooks the road, hence it’s noisy, but distant from the public walking along the road. Small children’s pool attached.
- Spa: The luxurious Shine Spa for Sheraton offers treatments for couples and children.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7, the Sheraton Fitness gym overlooks the pool and shares some of the same divine sea views. Fitness classes can also be arranged.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Internet Center. Chemist/gift shop. Laundry. Hairdressing Salon. Florist. Moneychanger. Cash machine.
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Feast Restaurant – Chic but casual dining all day, extra-long menu, and open-plan kitchen areas. Regular buffets popular with guests and the public. • Bene Italian Kitchen – Elegant and authentic bistro on the rooftop. More than the usual pizzas and pastas. Extensive wine list. Dress up. Reservations required. • The Lounge – Super-comfy lounge chairs for cocktails and afternoon tea while admiring the ocean views.
- Breakfast: Not included and a substantial extra cost.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Deluxe Ocean View • Deluxe Ocean Front • Ocean View Suites • Ocean Front Suites • Presidential Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed anywhere within the hotel grounds.
- Best Room: The massive Presidential Suites feature an extended balcony with direct ocean views from full-length windows and a plunge pool surrounded by wooden decking. On 2 levels with separate lounge and dining rooms.
- For Families: Many rooms feature 2 double beds and some have connecting doors but management is not really that interested in families.
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Kuta has to offer.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare). Drivers hang about street corners, but it’s best to organize this through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali and renting one in Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Kuta, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services all over Bali from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 1km away (quicker on foot than taxi). (12-minute walk).
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- With dozens of cafés and bars, the Beachwalk Shopping Center is world-class. And it is situated literally below the hotel.
- Food Court – On an upper floor, with a vast range of Indonesian meals from ‘carts’ in a likable indoor setting.
- Pizza e Birra – Alongside the beachside road for pizza, beer, and people-watching. Tempting daily specials and live music. 1-minute walk.
- Kitchenette (0)361 846 4937 – Lovely French-style eatery for freshly-baked pastries, crepes, pastas, and huge breakfasts. 1-minute walk.
- Café Sardinia – Spacious and classy. Popular for healthy and tasty food and its roadside position. Also TV sports, cocktail happy hours, bottle shop, and wine list. 2-minute walk.
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Beachwalk – An outlet of the island-wide chain specializing in crispy duck. Best views within the shopping center. 3-minute walk.
- Fish & Co – One in a popular chain of seafood eateries where customers literally eat from a pan. Super-fresh and extra-tasty. 4-minute walk.
Shops & Markets
- Minimarts everywhere, and shops in all directions. But for a congregated and more varied selection of some 200 places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort visit the world-class Beachwalk Shopping Center, which is literally below the resort.