Simpsons of Potts Point – Tranquil suburban feel, yet so close to vibrant areas.
Along a leafy side-street, this boutique hotel, originally built in 1892 but renovated extensively since, still exudes charm and history. All Deluxe Rooms are similar – lovingly furnished with tasteful colors, comfortable sofas, lovely bathrooms, and stylish lamps, prints, and curtains. The Superiors are larger while the attic-style Dormer Rooms are more compact and intimate. Adding to the overall ambiance is the Guest Lounge, packed with old-fashioned furniture, as well as a library, chessboard, fireplace, and decanters of (complimentary) port and sherry. A hearty breakfast is a surprising inclusion and served in the airy conservatory. Ideal for couples on an inner-city getaway, there are enough classy bistros nearby and plenty more places to eat, drink, and shop in neighboring Kings Cross. And nearby steps lead to the harbor, dominated by the renovated Finger Wharf at Woolloomooloo, which is also lined with sophisticated eateries.
Simpsons of Potts Point – The Location
- Area: Challis Ave in Potts Point, just off Macleay Street, which links Potts Point with Kings Cross.
- Address: 8 Challis Ave.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Macleay St opp McDonald St (200m).
- Handy to: Finger Wharf, Royal Botanic Garden.
Simpsons of Potts Point – The Basics
- Guests: Primarily a boutique hotel, catering mostly to couples.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Mostly of nearby buildings, although a couple of rooms face the main street, which is quiet.
- Parking: Limited free parking available for guests on-site, but not guaranteed.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary port and sherry in the Guest Lounge.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8354 6000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: simpsonshotel.com
Simpsons of Potts Point – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this old-fashioned boutique hotel.
Simpsons of Potts Point – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Lounge/Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: A full continental buffet breakfast is included.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Simpsons of Potts Point – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Queen Room • Superior King Room • Cloud Room • Dormer Room • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Cloud Room is the most spacious and beautifully decorated, and features a jacuzzi.
Simpsons of Potts Point – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Within a 10-minute walk of the train station at Kings Cross.
Simpsons of Potts Point – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach