Updated: May 22, 2018
Simpsons of Potts Point – tranquil suburban feel, yet so close to vibrant areas.
Along a leafy side-street, this boutique hotel, originally built in 1892 but renovated extensively since, still exudes charm and history. All Deluxe Rooms are similar – lovingly furnished with tasteful colours, a comfortable sofa, lovely bathroom and stylish lamps, prints and curtains. The Superiors are larger, while the attic-style Dormer Rooms are more compact and intimate. Adding to the overall ambience is the Guest Lounge, packed with old-fashioned furniture, as well as a library, chessboard, fireplace and decanters of (complimentary) port and sherry. Unusually, a hearty breakfast is included, and served in the airy conservatory. Ideal for couples on an inner-city getaway, there are enough classy bistros nearby, and plenty more places to eat, drink and shop in neighbouring Kings Cross. And nearby steps lead to the harbour, dominated by the renovated Finger Wharf at Woolloomooloo, also lined with sophisticated eateries.
Simpsons of Potts Point – The Basics
- Location: 8 Challis Ave in Potts Point, just off Macleay Street, which links Potts Point with Kings Cross.
- Guests: Primarily a boutique hotel, catering mostly for couples.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Mostly of nearby buildings, although a couple of rooms face the main street, which is quiet.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests, also with free use of a PC in the Guest Lounge.
- Parking: Limited free parking available for guests onsite, but not guaranteed.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary port and sherry in the Guest Lounge.
- Phone: 8354 6000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.simpsonshotel.com
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Simpsons of Potts Point – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this old-fashioned boutique hotel.
Simpsons of Potts Point – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Lounge/Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: Very unusual that a full buffet continental breakfast is included.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Simpsons of Potts Point – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Queen Rooms • Superior King Rooms • Cloud Rooms • Dormer Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Cloud Room is the most spacious and beautifully decorated, and features a Jacuzzi.
Simpsons of Potts Point – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Fish Shop – unpretentious setting, varied menu and always crowded. 1-minute walk.
- La Buvette – casual corner setting, ideal for people-watching. 2-minute walk.
- Fratelli Paradiso – modern smart Italian, with superb wine list. 1-minute walk.
- Cho Cho San – stylish, contemporary Japanese. 2-minute walk.
- Macleay Street Bistro – refined, modern Australian food with French influences. 2-minute walk.
Within a 10-minute walk of the train station at Kings Cross.