Sir Adam Hotel – Music-themed contemporary hotel in Amsterdam Noord with roof swing.
Occupying a revamped 70’s skyscraper, Sir Adam Hotel is a hip, contemporary hotel, an artists’ hub, and a popular nightspot. Rooms are all grained wood and shades of grey, with record players and vintage vinyl, music-themed art, king-sized beds, and vast floor-to-ceiling windows. The Butcher restaurant in the lobby doubles as a popular meeting spot for young Amsterdammers, and the viewing platform and extreme swing on the roof are among Amsterdam’s most popular attractions. Young multilingual staff; excellent service.
Sir Adam – Location
- Address: Overhoekplein 7, 1031 KS Amsterdam.
- Nearest Tram/Ferry: Centraal Station/ Veer Buiksloterweg.
- Area: Waterfront location across the IJ waterway from Amsterdam’s Centraal Station. It’s a free 5-minute ferry ride from Amsterdam’s Medieval Center with its numerous attractions (ferries run every 10 minutes or so until midnight), and walking distance from a number of Amsterdam Noord attractions, cafes and restaurants. Amsterdam Noord is a large, spread-out neighborhood, so renting a bicycle is the best way to see its outlying attractions.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then the free 5-minute ferry from behind the station to Veer Buiksloterweg, right across the IJ waterway.
- Handy to: A’DAM Tower observation platform, Medieval Center, Centraal Station.
Sir Adam Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: Guests tend to be couples, friends or solo travelers on a city break. There is no adults-only policy, but the facilities are not geared towards children.
- View: Great city views from the floor-to-ceiling windows in the rooms, and lofty 360-degree views of the IJ waterway and central Amsterdam from the rooftop viewing platform.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No jacuzzi.
- Laundry: In-room laundry service.
- Parking: Parking available onsite; €38 per day.
- Extras: Guests get discounted access to the A’DAM Tower observation platform (€10 instead of €13, free after 9pm); hotel has bicycles for hire; public spaces include a vinyl music library, vintage arcade games and pinball machines; the staff can organize quirky, personalized tours of the city. The subterranean nightclub beneath the building, Shelter, hosts regular DJ sets.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-215-9510
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: sirhotels.com
Sir Adam Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: Fitness center with personal trainers available. Yoga classes. In-room massage can be arranged.
- For Disabled Guests: Elevator access.
- For Families: No specific family-friendly amenities.
Sir Adam Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Butcher Social Club is located on the hotel’s ground floor, and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gourmet burgers, baby back ribs, sliders, salads, smoothies, boozy milkshakes. Decor is retro 70’s. No kids’ menu. • $$.
- Lounge/Bar: The Butcher Social Club becomes a hip nightspot in the evenings, with excellent cocktails and DJ sets on weekends. Open daily until 1am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served 8-11am in The Butcher; items range from €6-€13.
- Room Service: Available from The Butcher Social Club around the clock.
Sir Adam Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Sir Boutique • Sir Deluxe • Sir Deluxe City View • Sir Deluxe Corner • Sir Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Sir Adam is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: Sir Suite features a free-standing bath in the semi-open-plan bathroom, an acoustic Gibson guitar for guest use, and sweeping views of the historic city center and the IJ waterway.
- For Families: No family rooms.
Sir Adam – Local Transport
- Walking: Amsterdam Noord attractions such as This Is Holland and EYE Film Institute are just a couple of minutes’ walk, but to reach attractions further out, you need a bicycle. If you take the ferry across to the Centraal Station, the attractions in the Medieval Center and Red Light District are within easy walking distance; walkable to the historic canal ring.
- Tram/Ferry: Amsterdam’s tram hub is in front of Centraal Station, with connections to every corner of the city. The nearest free ferry stop, Veer Buiksloterweg, is a 3-minute walk.
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on the ferry.
Sir Adam Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Sir Explore – Specialized tours of Amsterdam, from vinyl hunting and vintage shop hopping to Red Light District by night, and charter boat rides. Various locations.
- Amsterdam Bike Company – Self-guided cycling tours of Amsterdam Noord, with maps and safety gear provided. Start location: 3-minute walk.
- Bungee Amsterdam – Throw yourself off the top of Crane Faralda Hotel while attached to a bungee cord. Start location: 10-minute cycle ride.
- Pannenkoekenboot – 75-minute city cruises in a covered boat, specialized family cruises, and pancake cruises. Start location: 11-minute cycle ride.
Best Nearby Restaurants and Cafes
- Moon – Revolving restaurant on the 19th floor of A’DAM Tower with 360-degree views. Contemporary Dutch dishes, seasonal produce. 1-minute walk.
- Café Modern – Daily changing multi-course menu, seasonal ingredients, good craft beer and wine selection. 9-minute walk.
- Skatecafe – Laid-back skater hangout with indoor skate track, varied international fare (Peking duck, falafel salad), good beer. 7-minute bike ride.
- Café de Ceuvel – Open-air waterfront terrace, art and music events, creative cooking, emphasis on local and sustainable produce. 9-minute bike ride.
- Hotel de Goudfazant – Expertly-prepared modern French cuisine inside former shipyard building. 9-minute bike ride.
- Noorderlicht – Imaginative sandwiches and salads, plus vegetarian Indonesian dishes, and good coffee. 9-minute bike ride.
- Cannibale Royale du Nord – Cheese steak and pulled pork sandwiches for lunch, gourmet burgers and steaks in the evening. 13-minute bike ride.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Tolhuistuin – Summer-only cultural space, beer garden, outdoor cinema, acoustic bands. 3-minute walk.
- Oedepus Brewing – One of Amsterdam’s best craft beer breweries. 6-minute bike ride.
- Café ‘t Sluisje – Traditional pub in a historic building, canal-side outdoor terrace, comfort food. 10-minute bike ride.
- Pllek – Hip café/bar made of shipping containers, with an urban beach and good beer. DJ sets on weekends, and open-air movie nights on Tuesdays (June-September). 10-minute bike ride.
Sir Adam Hotel – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Hotel De Hallen
- Hotel JL No76
- Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel Amsterdam
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide