by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 2, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort Hotel – Convenient and family-friendly, with contemporary elegance.
All rooms and suites here feature stylish modern décor with a corner sofa, marble bathroom (some with a second TV), and balcony/veranda with a rocking chair overlooking the gardens and/or pools. Some feature private pools. Others flank the massive lagoon-shaped pool, and those at ground level have direct access from the patio. The gardens are comparatively modest but still immaculate, and shady lawns creep right up to the beachside path that meanders through Nusa Dua. The Sofitel caters well for families, with a Kids Club providing ample activities, and a spotless beach protected by a reef which makes the water shallow and calm. One of the pools has a fun waterslide; another features a swim-up bar. Adding to the overall appeal is its proximity to Tanjung Benoa, thereby offering a wider selection of shops, cafés, and water-sports.
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – The Location
- Address: Northern part of Nusa Dua, a gated complex of 4 and 5-star resorts and a very popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- Area: Faces a glorious beach within the most spacious and tranquil part of southern Bali. Near the invisible border between Nusa Dua and the neighboring region of Tanjung Benoa, with plenty of facilities close by in both directions.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (12km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Facilities (including water-sports) at Tanjung Benoa.
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters nicely to all types of travelers, with or without children.
- Kids Club: Fully supervised and offering several activities. Divided into separate age groups: 4-6 years, 6-12, and those over 12.
- Beach: Wide, spotless, and sloping attractively into the sea. Protected by a reef, so the water is calm, shallow, and great for swimming.
- Views: Most rooms overlook the ‘lagoon’ (which is the main pool) and/or gardens. A few offer ‘ocean views’ but these may disappoint.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Rooms at ground level offer direct access to the main pool from the patio. Some Luxury Rooms and Honeymoon Suites, as well as the Pool Villas, feature private pools.
- Wi-Fi: Limited to only 1MB per day in the rooms. Hefty charges for extra use but free within public areas.
- Parking: Some free and secure spots at the reception area, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 849 2888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: sofitel.accorhotels.com
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The main pool is massive and lagoon-shaped, with spouts and a swim-up bar. It laps right up to the patio of many ground-level rooms. Another for children is more modest than at rival resorts but features a waterslide.
- Spa: The usual array of massages, scrubs, and beauty treatments.
- Fitness Center: Spacious and well-equipped.
- For Families: Kids club. Children’s pool. Babysitting.
- Activities: Bike hire. Water-sports counter.
- Other Facilities: Boutique. Library. Cash machine.
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Cucina – Mediterranean-inspired bistro focusing on Italian food. Mostly indoors with some seats along a poolside terrace. • Kwee Zeen – Offers contemporary Chinese cuisine. Open 24 hours for buffets and a la carte. • Toya Beach Bar & Grill – Alongside the sea for cocktails, casual meals all day, and buffets and barbeques some nights. • Le Bar – Chic cocktail lounge at the lobby. • L’Oh Pool Bar – Inviting spot for a drink or 3 beside the pool.
- Breakfast: Not included. Can be paid for when booking or day-by-day. Buffet and a la carte, served in Kwee Zeen restaurant.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Luxury Rooms with Garden/Pool/Ocean Views or Pool Access • Luxury Rooms with Plunge Pool • Honeymoon Suites (with/without plunge pool) • Prestige Suites (with/without plunge pool)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The opulent 1 or 2-bedroom Prestige Suites with plunge pool also feature separate living areas, marble bathrooms, and even butler service.
- For Families: All rooms and suites can fit in an extra single bed and some suites have 2 bedrooms, but the best option is to get 2 rooms with connecting doors.
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: It’s often a lot quicker – and certainly more scenic – to walk along the beachside path than the main road through Nusa Dua. This road is flat and comparatively quiet, making it ideal for cycling. Ask the reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). This is also a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Accessible from within the resort, but separately owned, is the chic Manarai Beach House. Featuring ideal beach frontage and 2 gorgeous pools, it’s very popular for cocktails, meals crafted by a Michelin-rated chef, and live music nightly.
- Otherwise, there is not a great choice within walking distance, except for cafés/bars in nearby resorts: e.g. the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel (100m south via the beachside path, 1-minute walk), which has the Tamarind Mediterranean Brasserie, and the Westin (another 100m further south along the path), with the elegant Prego.
- Coco Bistro – One in a popular chain, serving an extended menu including a multitude of desserts and Chinese food. Pleasant courtyard setting. 4-minute drive (1.5km).
- De Verdant Kuma – Charming décor and healthy cuisine from across Indonesia. 5-minute drive (2km).
- Frangipani Bali Restaurant – Quiet and colorful position for ribs, grills, and lobster. Also, a children’s menu. 5-minute drive (2km).
- A 2-minute walk (200m) north up the beachside path, the lane alongside the neighboring Club Med resort is lined with stalls selling cheap souvenirs and clothes. Otherwise, get the shuttle bus from the resort to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant cafés/bars. 4-minute drive (1.5km).