Sofitel Darling Harbour – Sublime views, perfect setting, and oh-so convenient.
This sparkling new skyscraper dwarfs everything else in the inner-city Darling Harbour precinct of malls, cafés, and shops. Suitably named, the Luxury Rooms with Darling Harbour View feature a modern décor but surprisingly understated furnishings. On a corner and offering twice the views, the Prestige Suites come with inspirational glass-top desks and separate living/dining areas. With no other high-rises nearby, views from the extensive full-length windows in all rooms are jaw-dropping. And adding to the sophisticated appeal is the open-air infinity pool that seems to blend into the horizon. Families are encouraged with adjoining rooms, while an extra single bed can be included without feeling cramped. The views of the harbor or of the city and distant mountains are memorable. And the location – smack in the middle of Darling Harbour – is perfect.
Sofitel Darling Harbour – The Location
- Area: In the center of Darling Harbour.
- Address: 12 Darling Dr.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Harris St at Pyrmont Bridge Rd (1 km), Tram – Convention Centre (50m), Ferry – Darling Harbor, Convention Jetty (150m).
- Handy to: Darling Harbour, Tumbalong Park.
Sofitel Darling Harbour – The Basics
- Guests: Primarily for business people, especially for the nearby convention center, although also ideal for couples and families.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Superb views from every room, even those not directly facing Darling Harbour.
- Parking: Valet parking at A$79 per day.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8388 8888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: sofitelsydneydarlingharbour.com.au
Sofitel Darling Harbour – Amenities
- Pool: Rooftop and infinity-edged, it’s one of the very best in Sydney.
- Fitness Center: 24-hour access to the So Fit Gym, which also boasts awesome views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Sofitel Darling Harbour – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Atelier by Sofitel has a French influence that is evident in its meat and seafood dishes, and the choice of desserts and wines is extensive.
- Lounge/Bars: The Champagne Bar is romantic, but views are limited (check prices before ordering any champagne). • Espirit Noir on the ground floor is a lively meeting place with plush leather sofas. • Le Rivage Pool Bar is alongside the heavenly infinity pool. Offers cocktails, unparalleled views, and light meals.
- Breakfast: Some rates may include breakfast, but most don’t.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Sofitel Darling Harbour – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Superior Room with Darling Harbour View • Luxury Room • Luxury Room with Darling Harbour View • Club Millesime Superior Room • Club Millesime Luxury Room • Club Millesime Junior Suite • Club Millesime Prestige Suite • Club Millesime Bellerive Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the top floor, the Club Millesime Bellerive Suite offers huge floor-to-ceiling windows and French influences in the décor, especially in the separate living/dining room.
Sofitel Darling Harbour – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Hard Rock Café – One of the renowned chains for burgers, views, and musical memorabilia.
- Cyren Bar Grill Seafood – Harbor-side views, seafood, and barbecued ribs.
- Olivo Restaurant – Upmarket Italian, also specializing in oysters and cocktails.
- The Watershed Hotel – Trendy, popular, and open late, with views and live music.
- Darling Harbour has limited links to the city center by light-rail. Otherwise, walk across the footbridge to one of several train stations in downtown.
Sofitel Darling Harbour – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne