Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Sublime views, perfect setting, and oh-so convenient.
This sparkling new skyscraper dwarfs everything else in the inner-city Darling Harbour precinct of malls, cafés, and shops. Suitably named, the Luxury Rooms with Darling Harbour View feature a modern décor but surprisingly understated furnishings. On a corner and offering twice the views, the Prestige Suites come with inspirational glass-top desks and separate living/dining areas. With no other high-rises nearby, views from the extensive full-length windows in all rooms are jaw-dropping. And adding to the sophisticated appeal is the open-air infinity pool that seems to blend into the horizon. Families are encouraged with adjoining rooms, while an extra single bed can be included without feeling cramped. The views of the harbor or of the city and distant mountains are memorable. And the location – smack in the middle of Darling Harbour – is perfect.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – The Basics
- Location: In the center of Darling Harbour.
- Guests: Primarily for business people, especially for the nearby convention center, although also ideal for couples and families.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Superb views from every room, even those not directly facing Darling Harbour.
- Wi-Fi: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking at A$79 per day.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 8388 8888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: sofiteldarlingharbour.com.au
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Amenities
- Pool: Rooftop and infinity-edged, it’s one of the very best in Sydney.
- Fitness Center: 24-hour access to the So Fit Gym, which also boasts awesome views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Atelier by Sofitel has a French influence that is evident in its meat and seafood dishes, and the choice of desserts and wines is extensive.
- Lounge/Bars: The Champagne Bar is romantic, but views are limited (check prices before ordering any champagne). • Espirit Noir on the ground floor is a lively meeting place with plush leather sofas. • Le Rivage Pool Bar is alongside the heavenly infinity pool. Offers cocktails, unparalleled views, and light meals.
- Breakfast: Some rates may include breakfast, but most don’t.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Superior Room with Darling Harbour View • Luxury Room • Luxury Room with Darling Harbour View • Club Millesime Superior Room • Club Millesime Luxury Room • Club Millesime Junior Suite • Club Millesime Prestige Suite • Club Millesime Bellerive Suite
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the top floor, the Club Millesime Bellerive Suite offers huge floor-to-ceiling windows and French influences in the décor, especially in the separate living/dining room.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Hard Rock Café Sydney – One of the renowned chains for burgers, views, and musical memorabilia.
- Cyren Bar Grill Seafood – Harbor-side views, seafood, and barbecued ribs.
- Olivo Restaurant – Upmarket Italian, also specializing in oysters and cocktails.
- The Watershed Hotel – Trendy, popular, and open late, with views and live music.
- Darling Harbour has limited links to the city center by light-rail. Otherwise, walk across the footbridge to one of several train stations in downtown.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach