Updated: May 22, 2018
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – sublime views, perfect setting, and oh-so convenient.
With 35 floors, this sparkling new skyscraper dwarfs everything else in the inner-city Darling Harbour precinct of malls, cafés and shops. Suitably named, the Luxury Rooms with Darling Harbour View feature a modern décor but surprisingly understated furnishings. On a corner and offering twice the views, the Prestige Suites contain an inspirational glass-top desk and separate lounge/dining area. With no other high-rises nearby, views from the extensive full-length windows in all rooms are jaw-dropping. And adding to the sophisticated appeal is the open-air Infinity-edged pool that seems to blend into the horizon. Families are encouraged with adjoining rooms, while an extra single bed can be included without feeling cramped. The rooms may not be memorable, but the views certainly are – of the harbour, or of the city and distant mountains. And the location – smack in the middle of Darling Harbour – is perfect.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – The Basics
- Location: In the centre of Darling Harbour.
- Guests: Primarily for business people, especially for the nearby convention centre, although also ideal for couples and families.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Superb views from every room, even those not directly facing Darling Harbour.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking A$79 per day.
- Phone: 8388 8888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.sofiteldarlingharbour.com.au
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Amenities
- Pool: Open-air and Infinity-edged, it’s one of the very best in Sydney.
- Spa: Due for completion in 2019.
- Fitness Center: 24-hour access to the So Fit Gym, which also boasts awesome views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Atelier by Sofitel has limited views, because it’s on a lower floor. The French influence is evident in the meat and seafood dishes, and the choice of desserts and wines is extensive.
- Lounge/Bar: The Champagne Bar is romantic, but views are limited (check prices before ordering any champagne!) • Espirit Noir is on the ground floor, with zero views, but a lively meeting place with plush leather sofas • Le Rivage Pool Bar is alongside the heavenly Infinity-edged pool. Offers cocktails, unparalleled views and light meals
- Breakfast: Some rates may include breakfast, but most don’t.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Superior Rooms with Darling Harbour View • Luxury Rooms • Luxury Rooms with Darling Harbour View • Club Millesime Superior Rooms • Club Millesime Luxury Rooms • Club Millesime Junior Suites • Club Millesime Prestige Suites • Club Millesime Bellerive Suites
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the top floor, the Club Millesime Bellerive Suite offers vast floor-to-ceiling windows, and French influences in the décor, especially in the separate lounge/dining room.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Hard Rock Café Sydney – one of the renowned chains for burgers, views and musical memorabilia. 5-minute walk.
- Cyren Bar Grill Seafood – harbour-side vistas, seafood and barbequed ribs. 5-minute walk.
- Sorenzo Contemporary Japanese – vast choice of Asian fusion meals, with a surprisingly fine bar and broad views. 3-minute walk.
- Olivo Restaurant – upmarket Italian, also specialising in oysters and cocktails. 4-minute walk.
- The Watershed Hotel – trendy, popular and open late, with views and live music. 3-minute walk.
Darling Harbour has limited links to the city centre by light-rail. Otherwise, walk across the footbridge to one of several train stations in downtown.