by Santorini Dave • Updated: May 18, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – Family-friendly, all-inclusive rates, and adjacent to Nusa Dua.
Part of the Meliã chain, this resort offers 3 types of rooms with rates which include meals/drinks, entertainment, and a myriad of activities. The beautifully landscaped gardens are packed with ponds and fountains, while the lagoon-shaped pool also offers plenty of shade. The private beach is enticing, with a cordoned-off swimming area along the curved bay. Although there is no kids club, the location, pools, activities, beach, package deals, and special suites make it ideal for families with children, especially teenagers. Alongside the invisible border with Nusa Dua, guests can enjoy a wider range of cafés, shops, water sports, and quick access to the enjoyable outdoor Bali Collection mall.
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – The Location
- Address: Jalan Pratama, the main road through Tanjung Benoa, a quieter resort region in southern Bali.
- Area: Facing the beach in the far southern part of the peninsula. Almost on the invisible border with Nusa Dua (a gated complex of top-end resorts), which is only 500m south via the lovely beachside path. Thus, plenty of facilities nearby in both directions.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (12km, via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Nusa Dua.
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all. Families and honeymooners won’t feel out of place.
- Kids Club: Surprisingly, there isn’t one, despite aiming to attract families.
- Beach: An area in front of the resort is cordoned off for guests, so it’s safe from jet-skis and speedboats but still within earshot. The sand is bleached-white, shady, and sloping, and the calm water is sheltered by a breakwater.
- Views: All rooms have garden views, while suites offer vistas (often more like glimpses) of the ocean.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Parking: A few spots at the reception area, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- Wi-Fi: Included free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 771 714
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: melia.com
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – Amenities
- Pool: Lagoon-shaped pool, offering plenty of shade and lounge chairs, and an inviting pool bar.
- Spa: Near the roadside entrance and separate from the resort, Kawas Spa is spacious, and has highly-trained staff.
- Fitness Center: No, surprisingly.
- For Families: All-inclusive packages offered to families.
- Activities: Many are part of the all-inclusive rates, e.g. tai chi, volleyball, aqua aerobics, and yoga. Bicycle rentals (ideal along the beachside path to Nusa Dua). Games room, with snooker table.
- Other Facilities: Arcade of boutiques.
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Meals (and some drinks) are part of the all-inclusive package and available at: Amarta Restaurant – Classy Italian bistro for dinner only. • Menega Seaside Restaurant – Fun Mediterranean-style setting, with white chairs undercover, on the lawns and facing the beach. Themed buffets at lunch and dinner. • The Kitchen – Casual and open 24 hours for buffets and tapas.
- Bars: Ayodya Lobby Bar – Popular with expats and local business people for signature cocktails and scintillating conversation. • Nelayan Pool Bar – Drinks and snacks alongside the pool and facing the sea.
- Breakfast: Included, as part of the 3-meal package deals.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 9 pm.
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – Rooms
- Room Types: Beach House Rooms • Xtra Beach Junior Suites • Xtra Beach House Suites
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms, but is permitted just about anywhere else.
- Best Room: The massive Xtra Beach House Suites feature separate living rooms. As the closest to the sea, they provide perfect views from the second level.
- For Families: Rooms and suites can fit in another single bed. And the Xtra Beach House Suites are ideal for families: massive, with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, and separate living areas.
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet, and a lovely beachside path stretches several kilometers into Nusa Dua. Bicycles are available for hire at the resort.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There is no public transport in the area. To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are cheap and comfortable. Driving a car anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but cars can be rented from a few agencies along the main road, while motorbikes are not as easy to rent as they are elsewhere. For longer distances, hire a car with a driver through the hotel.
- Local Shuttle Buses: No shuttle bus company offers services to/from Tanjung Benoa, including the Kura-Kura Bus. About every hour during shopping time, a free shuttle bus (available to all) links major hotels in Tanjung Benoa with the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (see below).
Sol Beach House Bali Benoa – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Not a great choice, but the Sol Beach House is all-inclusive anyway, so why eat out when meals are included? But for a change, try:
- Coblong Sari Beach Restaurant & Bar – At the end of the lane alongside the resort entrance. Pizza, grilled seafood, and sea breezes. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Also, there are classy restaurants/bars in neighboring resorts accessible along the lovely beachside path, such as Bali Tropic (150m north, 2-minute walk) and Sofitel (600m south, 7-minute walk).
- Pepito Supermarket – Just 250m north of the resort entrance. Well-stocked, selling fresh food and baked goods. 3-minute walk.
- Also, plenty of minimarts in both directions, and the lane alongside the resort entrance is lined with stalls selling cheap souvenirs and clothes. Otherwise, get the free hourly shuttle bus from the resort to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir stores, and abundant cafés. 4-minute drive (2km).