SD › Sydney › Best Hotels › Sir Stamford Circular Quay Review
Updated: January 11, 2022
• Location: Maquarie Street.
• Hotel website: stamford.com.au
• Hotel phone: +61 (0)2 8274 5444
• Check prices for Sir Stamford Circular Quay
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – Old-world charm with elegance, opulence, and convenience.
The elegance is immediately evident from the corridors lined with prints of old Sydney and cabinets filled with antiques personally collected by the owner. The compact Superior Rooms feature adorable old-fashioned furniture, plush curtains, and alcoves with decent views. The more spacious Deluxe Rooms have balconies that overlook the Royal Botanic Gardens (across an overpass), though views are better from the upper floors. The Junior Suites come with living rooms with sofas and chairs and gorgeous bedrooms with small balconies. Full of antique furniture, and dominated by a grand piano and a wall-length mural of a regal event, the Presidential Suite resembles a museum. Adding to the appeal are the outdoor pool, which is far more welcoming than others, the courtyard area alongside, and the guest lounge resembling a set from a nineteenth-century period film. And all this is in the city center, surrounded by shops, cafés, theaters, and transport options.
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – The Location
- Area: Maquarie Street, a 2-minute walk from Circular Quay.
- Address: 93 Maquarie Street.
- Nearest Transport: Bus, Ferry, and Tram – Circular Quay (250m).
- Handy to: Royal Botanic Garden, Circular Quay.
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – The Basics
- Guests: Particularly popular for business people and couples on inner-city getaways.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the street and park opposite, and the Royal Botanic Gardens at a distance.
- Parking: Available for A$60 per night.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8274 5444
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: stamford.com.au
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – Amenities
- Pool: Heated, outdoors, and inviting.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate, with sauna attached.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Dining Room boasts a 19th-century charm, with contemporary cuisine and silver service. Open for breakfast and dinner.
- Lounge/Bar: The Bar is refined and has won several awards for excellence.
- Breakfast: Continental buffet breakfast is included in some rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Executive Suite • Presidential Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The massive Presidential Suite contains ornate antique furnishings, 2 lounge areas, a bar, and even a grand piano.
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Spice Room – Atmospheric and stylish Indian.
- Cubby’s Kitchen – Casual, intimate and welcome vegetarian options.
- Café Sydney – Contemporary and popular, with a rooftop offering extensive views.
- A 2-minute walk to Circular Quay, with a train station and the ferry terminal.
Sir Stamford Circular Quay – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter