Updated: May 22, 2018
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay – old-world charm with elegance, opulence and convenience.
The grace is immediately evident from the corridors lined with prints of old Sydney and cabinets of antiques personally collected by the owner. The compact Superior Rooms feature adorable old-fashioned furniture, plush curtains and an alcove with decent views. The more spacious Deluxe Rooms overlook the Royal Botanic Gardens (across an overpass), but the windows and balcony are not extensive, and views are better on the upper floors. The Junior Suites contain a lounge room with a sofa and chairs (that don’t match) and a gorgeous bedroom, but the tiny balcony offers no worthwhile views. Choked with antique furniture, and dominated by a grand piano and wall-length mural of a regal event, the Presidential Suite resembles a museum. Adding to the appeal are the outdoor pool, which is far more welcoming than others, the courtyard area alongside, and the guests’ lounge resembling a set from a 19th-century period film. And all this is in the city centre, surrounded by shops, cafés, theatres and transport options.
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay – The Basics
- Location: 3 Maquarie Street, a two-minute walk from Circular Quay.
- Guests: Particularly popular for business people and couples on inner-city getaways.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the street and park opposite, and the Royal Botanic Gardens at a distance.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Usually available free for guests depending on the booking.
- Parking: Available for A$60 per night.
- Phone: 8274 5444
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.stamford.com.au/sscq
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay – Amenities
- Pool: Heated, outdoors and inviting.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate, with sauna attached.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Dining Room boasts a 19th-century charm, with contemporary cuisine and silver service. Open for breakfast and dinner.
- Lounge/Bar: The Bar is also unimaginatively-named, but certainly refined. And it’s won several awards for excellence.
- Breakfast: Continental buffet breakfast included in some rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Executive Suites • Presidential Suite
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The massive Presidential Suite contains ornate antique furnishings, two lounge areas, a bar, and even a grand piano.
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Spice Room – atmospheric and stylish Indian. 2-minute walk.
- Café Opera – refined French cuisine and seafood buffets in a historic hotel. 1-minute walk.
- Cubby’s Kitchen – casual, intimate and welcome vegetarian options. 5-minute walk.
- The Bridge Room – award-winning modern Australian cuisine in a lovely setting. 3-minute walk.
- Café Sydney – contemporary and popular, with a rooftop offering extensive views. 3-minute walk.
A two-minute walk to Circular Quay, with a train station and the ferry terminal.