Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – Modern, luxurious, surrounded by pools, and close to the beach.
Although not facing the sea, it is in a prime location for shops and cafés, and only a three-minute stroll to the beach. All precious space within this newish resort is occupied by buildings and the swimming pool, so there are no gardens. Deluxe rooms are packed with furniture, appliances, and features (sometimes jacuzzis). Those at ground-level are better, with patios leading to plunge pools that open out to the main shared pool. This pool is split-level, fringed by palm trees, and substantial enough to feature bridges to ‘islands’. And the lounge chairs that seem to float in the shallow end are particularly inviting.
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – The Location
- Area: Pleasant area midway along Sanur, with plenty of facilities in all directions.
- Address: Jalan Danau Tamblingan 99A, the main road through Sanur, a more relaxed resort region in southern Bali. The entrance is about 50m back from the street and 400m from the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (15 km), depending on traffic.
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all.
- Beach: The beach is a 3-minute walk via an access road that starts opposite the resort entrance. The resort also has a sliver of beach where guests have access to lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Views: Most rooms face the pool, while some overlook the garden of a neighboring resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Rooms on the ground floor have patios with ladders leading to private plunge pools that open out to the main pool. Jacuzzi Grand Deluxe rooms and Penthouse Suites feature jacuzzis on the balconies.
- Parking: Limited parking spots, so inform the management when booking. But think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 849 7000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: swiss-belhotel.com
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – Amenities
- Pool: One long glorious pool connects all the room wings. Plenty of palms provide a wonderful tropical feel. Features a bar, spouts, bridges to ‘islands’, lounge chairs that seem to ‘float’, and shallow end for the young ones.
- Spa: Limited services but decent enough. Classier options in neighboring resorts and cheaper treatments in many places along the main street.
- Fitness Center: Decent size given the limited space overall.
- Other Facilities: Minimart. Business Center.
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Facing the pool, Swiss-Café Restaurant offers al fresco dining with an open-plan kitchen for watching chefs lovingly create buffet breakfast and meals all day. • The sunken Lagoon Pool Bar is fantastic for cocktails, juices, and snacks all day.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but this depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Pool View • Grand Deluxe Pool View • Grand Deluxe Plunge Pool • Jacuzzi Grand Deluxe • Family Room • Penthouse Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted in the rooms, but allowed elsewhere.
- Best Room: Penthouse Suites are 3 times larger than the standard rooms, with jacuzzis, separate living areas, and home theaters.
- For Families: Most rooms have sofas that convert to single beds, and many have connecting doors.
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than most places in southern Bali. With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is also popular, and bikes can be rented from the hotel. Walking and cycling are ideal along the beachside path that stretches over 6 km, almost the entire length of Sanur.
- Public Transport: Sanur is unique within southern Bali as local bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) ply the main street, but won’t go further north than the golf course. Fares are set, but invariably inflated for tourists.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Motorbikes are also easy to rent and useful for getting around Sanur – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. Taxis are plentiful, cheap, and comfortable, and the best way to go anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. This can be arranged at any travel agency or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any town outside of southern Bali and one that is popular with tourists (e.g. Ubud), buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, but services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its inconvenient office on Jalan Hang Tuah on the other side of the golf course in northern Sanur. The Kura-Kura Bus company links Sanur with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
All places listed below are along the main street:
- The Porch Café – Quasi-1920’s décor. Serves coffee, pastries, healthy sandwiches, tapas, and several vegetarian options. The burgers are big and service, attentive. Just meters north of the resort entrance.
- The Wicked Parrot – Opposite The Porch for nightly music (often Irish-themed), shady setting, and friendly service.
- Three Monkeys – Attracts the same crowd night after night for wine, pizza, grills, salads, pasta, and funky live music. Only meters south of the resort entrance.
- Retro Kitchen & Bar – Indonesian specials, desserts, pizza, and children’s menu in an attractive setting. 150m south.
Numerous minimarts are present in both directions.
- Uluwatu – Very elegant boutique selling gorgeous things made from lace. Less than 200m north of the resort entrance.
- Hardy’s – Supermarket with a few other shops attached, but very modest compared to Kuta. About 400m south down the main street.