Establishment Hotel – A trendy, historic, and convenient hotel.
Built within a renovated century-old warehouse down a quiet lane, this chic boutique hotel maintains some old-world charm, despite all the mod-cons and contemporary décor. The rooms have been built within the original structure, so each features exposed beams and rustic ceilings with a different layout and individual décor. The Penthouse has a bathroom on the entrance level behind a revolving door, and a bedroom upstairs with brown beams, a black rug, grey headboard, and white curtains. All furnishings are ultra-modern. The more modest Establishment Room has a subtle decor as well but is spacious enough for an extra single bed. The overwhelming advantage is the excellent inner-city location, away from the main road.
Establishment Hotel – The Location
- Area: Along Bridge Lane, a small block back from George St which runs through the city center.
- Address: 5 Bridge Lane.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Bridge St (100m), Tram – Bridge St (150m).
- Handy to: Royal Botanic Garden, The Rocks.
Establishment Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Mainly for young couples or groups, especially those keen on theater, shopping, and partying.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the neighborhood and nearby buildings.
- Parking: No on-site parking.
- Nice Perks: Priority booking for guests at the many world-class restaurants in the city center run by the hotel management.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9240 3100
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: merivale.com
Establishment Hotel – Amenities
- Pool & Spa: Not expected or provided in this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate, or guests can receive access to a larger gym elsewhere.
Establishment Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Mr. Wong is next to the hotel entrance. A twin-level eatery offering a vast menu of mainly Cantonese food, and particularly popular for barbecue duck and dim sum.
- Lounge/Bar: Establishment Bar faces busy George Street. A stylish watering hole with an extended marble bar, broad menu, and indoor beer garden. • hemmesphere is atmospheric and specializes in wine, cocktails, and Japanese food.
- Breakfast: Some rates include breakfast; otherwise, it costs A$25.
- Room Service: Available from Mr. Wong and Establishment Bar during their opening hours.
Establishment Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Penthouse Suite • Establishment Room • Studio Room • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The charming twin-level Penthouse is on the top floor. The design lovingly incorporates the building’s history.
Establishment Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- A 5-minute walk to Circular Quay, with a train station and the ferry terminal.
Establishment Hotel – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach