Updated: May 22, 2018
Establishment Hotel – a trendy, historic and convenient hotel, but not much to look at from the outside.
Built within a renovated 100-year-old warehouse down a dingy lane, this chic boutique hotel maintains some old-world charm, despite all the mod-cons and contemporary décor. The rooms have been built within the original structure, so each features exposed beams, rustic ceilings and undersized windows, and have a different layout and individual décor. The Penthouse contains a bathroom on the entrance level behind a sort of revolving door, and a bedroom upstairs with brown beams, a black rug, grey bedhead and white curtains that hide the poor views. All furnishings are ultra-modern and sometimes a little impractical, e.g. the TV doesn’t face the sofa or bed. The more modest Establishment Room is also crying out for some colour, but is spacious enough for an extra single bed. The overwhelming advantage is the excellent inner-city location, back from the main road and along a quiet laneway.
Establishment Hotel – The Basics
- Location: Along Bridge Lane, one small block back from George St, which runs through the city centre.
- Guests: Mainly for young couples or groups, especially those keen on theatre, shopping and partying.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Very poor; of other buildings only.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Guests have to arrange their own parking in public stations.
- Nice Perks: Priority booking for guests at the numerous world-class restaurants in the city centre run by the hotel management.
- Phone: 9240 3100
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.establishmenthotel.com
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Establishment Hotel – Amenities
- Pool & Spa: Not expected or provided in this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Fitness Center: Small but adequate, or guests can receive access to a larger gym elsewhere.
Establishment Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: est. is in the same building as the hotel, but faces George Street. Offers sophisticated dining with silver service. The cuisine is contemporary Australian by award-wining chefs, and the wine list is super-long. • Mr. Wong is next to the hotel entrance. A twin-level eatery offering a vast menu of mainly Cantonese food, and particularly popular for barbecue duck and dim sum.
- Lounge/Bar: Establishment Bar faces busy George Street. A stylish watering hole with an extended marble bar, broad menu and indoor beer garden. • hemmesphere is atmospheric, and specialises in wine, cocktails and Japanese food.
- Breakfast: Some rates include breakfast; otherwise, it costs A$25.
- Room Service: Available from Mr. Wong and Establishment Bar during their opening hours.
Establishment Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Penthouse Suites • Establishment Rooms • Studio Rooms.
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The charming twin-level Penthouse is on the top floor. The design lovingly incorporates the building’s history.
Establishment Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
A five-minute walk to Circular Quay, with a train station and the ferry terminal.