• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The 3 Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
The location is superlative: facing Circular Quay (for trains and ferries), it’s a one-minute stroll to the Opera House, and only a little further to the vast Botanical Gardens and historical Rocks area (for cafés). The rooms – called suites – have one or two bedrooms. They feature a fully-equipped kitchenette and lounge/dining area, and the sofa can convert into a double bed for no extra cost for up to two children under 11. All views of the harbor or gardens from the sizeable balconies are excellent, but the large indoor pool does reek of chlorine.
Hotel Phone: 9256 4000
The choice of family-friendly hotels in the inner city is surprisingly poor. These standard rooms are large enough for two double beds, while an extra single can also be squeezed in, and interconnecting rooms are available. The one and two-bedroom Loft Suites feature a downstairs living room and can easily sleep a family of five. Children under 16 stay free (with breakfast) for each paying adult. The upside is definitely the location, but the outdoor pool is disappointingly small. The floodlit tennis court, however, is a rare attraction.
Hotel Phone: 9288 7180
Along the quieter end of the esplanade, the Sebel is an excellent choice to relish magnificent Manly. It’s spread over two towers, each with an outdoor pool. The Family Rooms contain a queen bed and two single beds. More spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments feature a kitchenette, lounge/dining area, and sizeable balcony. A cot can be arranged, and child-minding services are also available. Directly across from an expansive shady beach, the hotel is about 15 minutes on foot along the delightful outdoor pedestrian mall to the ferry terminal.
Hotel Phone: 9977 8866
- The Westin Sydney Hotel – Review
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel– Review
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel – Review
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel- Review
- The Sebel Manly Beach – Review
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Review
- QT Sydney – Review
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour – Review
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection – Review
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo – Review
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour – Review
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square – Review
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour – Review
- Medusa Hotel Sydney – Review
- The McLaren Hotel – Review
- The Langham Sydney – Review
- InterContinental Sydney – Review
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – Review
- Establishment Hotel – Review
- Hotel Bondi – Review