Updated: May 22, 2018
Hotel Bondi is at a prime location facing Australia’s quintessential beach. Considerably better than an average pub room, and one of remarkably few options at arguably Australia’s most famous beach, recent renovations have made a significant difference. The simple budget-priced rooms open out to a shared courtyard with street views and, at a pinch, sea glimpses. These rooms are so undersized, however, that the bathroom door can touch the bed, and some would be noisy. The triple rooms are ideal for small groups, while families have a decent choice: the Mini Suite, with two double beds, a kitchenette and balcony; or the Family Suite, with one or two bedrooms, a kitchenette and lounge area. Understandably popular, the Premier Suites face the sea (100m away), with a window-side sofa and sizeable balcony. But, of course, it’s all about the setting: on a corner along the esplanade at an iconic beach surrounded by cafés and bars. What’s not to like?
Hotel Bondi – The Basics
- Location: Halfway along Campbell Parade, the main esplanade, about 100m back from Bondi Beach.
- Guests: Most likely to be younger people, particularly budget-conscious beach lovers.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Beach: Bondi Beach is about 100m away. The beach is wide and clean, but lacks shade, and be wary of the waves – more suitable at times for surfing than swimming.
- Views: Some decent, but distant, sea views, but many rooms face a side street or an internal courtyard.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Secure indoor parking available for A$25 per night.
- Phone: 9130 3271
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.hotelbondi.com.au
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hotel Bondi – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this historic budget-priced hotel.
Hotel Bondi – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bars: The Hotel Bondi Bistro on the ground floor offers hearty steaks, tasty seafood and other pub meals, and all sorts of drinks • The better of the two bars is Curlewis Bar, open Thursday to Sunday, and features live music
- Breakfast: Not provided.
- Room Service: Available during bistro hours (12pm to 9pm).
Hotel Bondi – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard rooms with single, double or triple beds • Suites with Views • Mini Suites (with or without kitchenette) • Premier Suites with Views • Family Suites with one or two bedrooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Premier Suite with Views offers plenty of space and fine vistas of the broad beach and energetic esplanade.
Hotel Bondi – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Hurricane’s Grill & Bar – popular steakhouse with street-side tables. 2-minute walk.
- Lush on Bondi – rare beachside café, metres from the sand, breezy and always packed. 3-minute walk.
- Drake Eatery – casual, chic, popular and funky. 2-minute walk.
- Bondi Icebergs Club – moderately-priced and million-dollar views. 9-minute walk.
- Panama House – South American food, buffet brunches and a great vibe. 1-minute walk.
Regular buses go to Bondi Junction for trains to the city centre and beyond. Otherwise, for majestic views, catch a bus from Bondi to Watsons Bay and then a ferry back to the city.