Hotel Bondi – Prime location facing Australia’s quintessential beach.
Considerably better than an average pub room, and one of the remarkably few options at arguably Australia’s most famous beach, recent renovations have made a significant difference. The simple budget-priced rooms are compact and open out to a shared courtyard with street views and partial sea views. The triple rooms are ideal for small groups, while families have a decent choice: the Mini Suite, with two double beds, a kitchenette, and a balcony; or the Family Suite, with one or two bedrooms, a kitchenette, and a lounge area. Understandably popular, the Premier Suites face the sea (100m away), with a window-side sofa and sizable balcony. But, of course, it’s all about the setting: on a corner along the esplanade at an iconic beach surrounded by cafés and bars. What’s not to like?
Hotel Bondi – The Location
- Area: Halfway along Campbell Parade, the main esplanade, about 100m back from Bondi Beach.
- Address: 178 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Campbell Pde opp Curlewis St (150m).
- Handy to: Bondi Beach, Bondi Golf and Diggers Club.
Hotel Bondi – The Basics
- Guests: Most likely to be younger people, particularly budget-conscious beach lovers.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Beach: Bondi Beach is about 100m away. The beach is wide and clean but lacks shade, and be wary of the waves – more suitable at times for surfing than swimming.
- Views: Some decent, but distant, sea views, but many rooms face a side street or an internal courtyard.
- Parking: Secure indoor parking available for A$25 per night.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9130 3271
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: maloneyhotels.com.au
Hotel Bondi – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this historic budget-priced hotel.
Hotel Bondi – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bars: The Hotel Bondi Bistro on the ground floor offers hearty steaks, tasty seafood, and other pub meals, and all sorts of drinks. • The better of the 2 bars is Curlewis Bar, open Thursday to Sunday, and features live music.
- Breakfast: Not provided.
- Room Service: Available during bistro hours (12pm-9pm).
Hotel Bondi – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard (with single, double or triple beds) • Suite with View • Mini Suite (with or without kitchenette) • Premier Suite with View • Family Suite (with 1 or 2 bedrooms) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Premier Suite with View offers plenty of space and fine vistas of the broad beach and energetic esplanade.
Hotel Bondi – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Regular buses go to Bondi Junction for trains to the city centre and beyond. Otherwise, for majestic views, catch a bus from Bondi to Watsons Bay and then a ferry back to the city.
Hotel Bondi – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach