The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – Classy, suburban vibe, and welcomes pets and families.
Built in 1876 by a doctor regarded as Australia’s first philosopher, the Hughenden still features much of the original décor, including chandeliers, highly-polished floorboards, and marble fireplaces. The range of rooms stretches from “The Cosy” which is compact and nicely furnished, to “The Manor”, the sumptuous main bedroom in the original house featuring gorgeous old-fashioned furniture, a lounge area, and a balcony overlooking the street. In between, the Standard Rooms are colorful and the Deluxe Rooms are spacious. The Hughenden also offers rooms in which pets are welcome, while the converted gatehouse is especially inviting for families with its two bedrooms and a kitchenette. And the lively Victorian Lounge is ideal for meeting fellow guests. The Hughenden is in Woollahra, an inner-city suburb, which is a stone’s throw from Oxford Street (and its endless eateries) and the huge Centennial Parklands.
The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – The Basics
- Location: 14 Queen St, Woollahra, an inner-city suburb about 5 km from downtown.
- Guests: Ideal for couples, especially those looking for something romantic.
- Pets: The Queen room is specifically pet-friendly. Contact management regarding any extra charges.
- Views: Of the main street and surrounding homes.
- Wi-Fi: Free to all guests.
- Parking: Available for A$33 per night.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 93634863
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: thehughenden.com.au
The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this inner-city boutique hotel.
The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: 14 Queen is a quaint and recently-renovated street-side café with an extensive menu and 4 dining areas. The attached Cheers bar offers specialty beers and cocktails.
- Breakfast: Breakfast is included in the hotel rates.
- Room Service: Not available.
The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: The Cosy • The Standard • The Standard Plus • The Queen • The Deluxe • The Manor Suite • The Family Room
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: Bright and spacious, the Manor was the original bedroom in the historic main building, and features a good-sized balcony and spa bathroom.
The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Light Brigade – Art Deco, with outdoor seating, tapas, cocktails, and meal specials.
- The Paddington – Traditional pub, with cozy ambience, and late hours.
- Lucio’s Italian Restaurant – Sophisticated Italian dining and modern Australian art (vegetarian options also available).
- Woollahra Hotel – Suburban pub charm with trendy French bistro.
- Buses leave every few minutes for the city center; otherwise, get a taxi.
The Hughenden Boutique Hotel – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach