InterContinental Sydney – An opulent, convenient, historic, and modern hotel.
The indisputable elegance is immediately apparent in the atrium café with live piano music. Set within the historic Treasury Building, the InterContinental soars over thirty levels; rooms are similar, only the layout and views really differ. They are all spacious enough for two double beds and some have interconnecting doors, making them useful for families. Most feature a sofa alcove alongside the window and some unique furniture. Panoramic views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and/or Opera House are offered from some rooms and guaranteed from the suites on the top floors. The large indoor pool also provides some amazing views, while the twin-level Health Club gym, with a spa and sauna, is very good. The hotel is convenient to the city center and Circular Quay (for trains and ferries).
InterContinental Sydney – The Location
- Area: Macquarie Street, in the heart of the city, surrounded by parks, cafés, and old buildings, and very close to public transport.
- Address: 117 Macquarie Street.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Museum of Sydney, Phillip St (100m), Tram – Circular Quay (350m), Ferry – Circular Quay (300m).
- Handy to: Circular Quay, Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney Opera House, historical Rocks area.
InterContinental Sydney – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly business people, and couples or small groups on short getaways.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Differ greatly – of the harbor, Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardens, or the city.
- Parking: Available for A$65 per night.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9253 9000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: icsydney.com.au
InterContinental Sydney – Amenities
- Pool: Large, indoors, and with fabulous views, but otherwise not so inviting.
- Fitness Center & Spa: Odyssey Health Club & Spa is on the top floor, with a sauna and jaw-dropping views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
InterContinental Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Café Opera is on the ground floor. European-style bistro offering a wide range of meals, and specializing in seafood buffets. • 117 Dining is sophisticated and award-wining, with ‘Asian fusion’ cuisine and an extensive wine list. • The Meat & Wine Co. features an atmospheric street-level setting, with an emphasis on steak and wine.
- Lounge/Bar: The Cortile, located in the atrium of the historic Treasury Building, offers an extensive drinks menu, light meals, and live music. Famous for its High Tea each afternoon.
- Breakfast: Costs an extra A$42.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
InterContinental Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: City Side Room • Eastern Harbour View Room • Harbour Bridge View Room • Opera House View Room • Australia Suite • The State Suite • The Governor Suite • Executive Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Australia Suite on the 29th floor features a grand piano, kitchen, marble bathroom, and extensive balcony offering unparalleled views.
InterContinental Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Spice Room – Classy and chic Indian.
- Settlement on Quay – Contemporary Australian cuisine with street-side seating.
- Alfredo Authentic Italian Restaurant – Traditional food in a historic building.
- Quay Bar – Views, cocktails, conversations, and light meals.
- Bar Luca – Classy comfy bistro, with a great selection of cocktails and drink specials.
- A 2-minute walk to Circular Quay, with the ferry terminal and a train station.
InterContinental Sydney – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach