The Langham – A refined and charismatic hotel with a suburban feel.
Almost lost among rows of renovated townhouses, this boutique-style hotel offers peace and solitude. But The Rocks, a historical area packed with bars and cafés, is only ten minutes on foot, and a path from the hotel winds past renovated wharves to the base of the iconic Harbour Bridge. Spacious enough for two doubles, the Deluxe Rooms feature pastel colors and modern art. Bonuses are the large TVs, coffee machines, and plentiful storage space. The Langham also offers a decent gym, a huge spa, and a large indoor pool. Staying or not, certainly pop in for a spot of High Tea at the famed Palm Court café.
The Langham – The Location
- Area: Along Kent Street (and not in the ‘heart of The Rocks’ as described on the website). About 10 minutes on foot from the city center, The Rocks, and Circular Quay.
- Address: 89-113 Kent Street.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Argyle St at Kent St (400m), Ferry – Barangaroo (750m).
- Handy to: Sydney Observatory, The Rocks, Circular Quay.
The Langham Sydney – The Basics
- Guests: Probably more suited for couples, especially those looking for a romantic getaway.
- Pets: Pets are allowed for an extra A$120 per night.
- Views: Of the harbor and wharfs, or the main street (which is reasonably quiet).
- Parking: Available for A$60 per day.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9256 2222
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: langhamhotels.com
The Langham – Amenities
- Pool: Indoor and large.
- Spa: The superb Day Spa by Chuan is located in the basement.
- Fitness Center: The Health Club is sizable, with a steam room and personal trainers.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
The Langham – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The Palm Court café features an elegant setting, complete with a grand piano. Dining is available all day, but is especially popular (so book ahead) for the Afternoon Tea with Wedgewood. • Bistro Remy offers a regal ambience and is open for breakfast and dinner; choose from the excellent buffet or extensive menu.
- Breakfast: May be included, depending on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
The Langham – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Terrace Room • Executive Room • One Bedroom Suite • The Residence • The Observatory Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The presidential-style Observatory Suite is opulent, spacious, and so very stylish.
The Langham – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Fish at the Rocks – Lovely harbor-side setting, with award-winning seafood.
- Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel – Perhaps Sydney’s oldest pub, serving local beers and appetizing food.
- tago-an – Unpretentious Japanese with convivial atmosphere.
- Henry Deane – Sophisticated, twin-level cocktail lounge offering delicious meals and outstanding views.
- A 20-minute walk to the nearest train station, so best to order a taxi.
The Langham – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne