Updated: May 22, 2018
Medusa Hotel Sydney – a quaint, quirky and quiet hotel very close to Kings Cross.
Within strolling distance of Kings Cross (and its seedy bars and raucous clubs), the suburb of Darlinghurst is, in contrast, choked with leafy streets and restored terraced houses. One has been painted crimson and superbly renovated to become the boutique Medusa Hotel. From the reception, with its pink walls, stairs with red carpet lead up three levels to the spacious Grand Rooms, which feature high ceilings, a separate dining area, and colourful furnishings that don’t always match the overall 19th-century ambience. On the ground floor, the Deluxe Rooms face a courtyard with a ‘reflection pool’ (for looking, not swimming). Bright and compact, they contain a microwave and sink, but the bathroom needs some modernisation. The Medusa is ideal for those who want to enjoy the facilities of Kings Cross, but not stay in that rather dodgy and noisy area.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – The Basics
- Location: 267 Darlinghurst Road, halfway between the dynamic areas of Kings Cross and Oxford Street.
- Guests: Mostly for couples and small groups. With a strict maximum of two people per room, families are not really catered for.
- Pets: Possibly allowed in certain rooms, with extra negotiable costs.
- Views: Street views only at the front; of other buildings to the side.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: None available. Management advises guests to leave cars elsewhere and take a train.
- Nice Perks: Muffins and daily newspapers available for guests.
- Phone: 9331 1000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.medusa.com.au
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this historic, inner-city boutique hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Lounge/Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: A local café can deliver a simple breakfast if requested for an extra cost.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Premium Deluxe Rooms • Grand Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Grand Room features a modern bathroom and bedroom with old-world charm, some with views of the street.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There are endless choices in Kings Cross, while these are very close by in Darlinghurst:
- Black Bottle – Mediterranean-style setting, famous for platters, oysters and wines. 3-minute walk.
- Johnny Fishbone Wine Parlour – intimate, if a little crowded, for seafood and wine. 2-minute walk.
- 169 Darlinghurst – corner location with contemporary cuisine; perfect for people-watching. 3-minute walk.
- Royal Sovereign Hotel – the Darlo is a renowned suburban pub with affordable meals and a rooftop bar. 1-minute walk.
Only a three-minute walk to the train station in Kings Cross.