Medusa Hotel Sydney – A quaint, quirky, and quiet hotel very close to Kings Cross.
Within strolling distance of Kings Cross (and its seedy bars and raucous clubs), the suburb of Darlinghurst is, in contrast, full of lush, green streets and restored terraced houses. One such house has been painted crimson and superbly renovated to become the boutique Medusa Hotel. From the reception, with its pink walls, stairs with a red carpet lead up three levels to the spacious Grand Rooms, which feature high ceilings, separate dining areas, and colorful furnishings complementing the overall nineteenth-century ambiance. On the ground floor, the Deluxe Rooms face a courtyard with a ‘reflection pool’ (for looking, not swimming). Bright and compact, they feature microwaves and sinks. The Medusa is ideal for those who want to enjoy the facilities of Kings Cross without staying in that rather dodgy and noisy area.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – The Location
- Area: Darlinghurst Road, halfway between the dynamic areas of Kings Cross and Oxford Street.
- Address: 267 Darlinghurst Road.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Victoria St at Liverpool St (150m).
- Handy to: Hyde Park, Kings Cross.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly for couples and small groups. With a strict maximum of two people per room, families are not really catered for.
- Pets: Possibly allowed in certain rooms, with extra negotiable costs.
- Views: Street views only at the front; of other buildings to the side.
- Parking: None available. Management advises guests to leave cars elsewhere and take a train.
- Nice Perks: Muffins and daily newspapers available for guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 9331 1000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: medusa.com.au
Medusa Hotel Sydney – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this historic, inner-city boutique hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Lounge/Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: A local café can deliver a simple breakfast if requested for an extra cost.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Premium Deluxe Room • Grand Room • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The Grand Room features a modern bathroom and bedroom with old-world charm, some with views of the street.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There are endless choices in Kings Cross, while these are very close by in Darlinghurst:
- Black Bottle – Mediterranean-style setting, famous for platters, oysters and wines.
- Johnny Goes Italian – Intimate cafe for delicious seafood and wine.
- 169 Darlinghurst – Corner location with contemporary cuisine; perfect for people-watching.
- Royal Sovereign Hotel – The Darlo is a renowned suburban pub with affordable meals and a rooftop bar.
- Only a 3-minute walk to the train station in Kings Cross.
Medusa Hotel Sydney – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach