SD › Sydney › Best Hotels › Radisson Blu Plaza Review
Updated: June 23, 2021
• Location: O’Connell St in the city center.
• Hotel website: radissonhotels.com
• Hotel phone: +61 (0)2 8214 0000
• Check prices for Radisson Blu Plaza
Radisson Blu Plaza – A historic hotel, centrally-located and quiet.
Based in an old building that takes up most of an inner-city block, the Radisson admirably maintains much of its history and character despite recent major renovations. Corridors with plush carpets and ornate lampshades lead to the Superior Rooms with a colorful combination of gold-colored cushions, grey carpets, and blue sofas. The windows are original and offer street views, and the lovely bathrooms come with marble baths. Slightly more spacious, the Deluxe Rooms feature identical furnishings, golden wallpaper behind the bed, and small balconies. With an indoor pool, some interconnecting rooms, and the possibility of extra single beds, it’s a decent option for families. Located in a quieter part of the city, it’s walkable to transport, shops, and restaurants.
Radisson Blu Plaza – The Location
- Area: Along O’Connell St, in the city center and very close to Circular Quay for trains and ferries.
- Address: 27 O’Connell St.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Spring St before Pitt St (200m), Tram – Bridge St (350m), Ferry – Circular Quay (500m).
- Handy to: Hyde Park, Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney Aquarium, Tumbalong Park, Circular Quay.
Radisson Blu Plaza – The Basics
- Guests: More suited to business people, but a decent option for holiday-makers.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the neighborhood.
- Parking: Valet parking available for A$50 per night.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8214 0000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: radissonhotels.com
Radisson Blu Plaza – Amenities
- Pool: Indoors, with a jacuzzi attached.
- Spa: Tanya Day Spa is well-equipped and has a sauna.
- Fitness Center: Sizable and open 24 hours.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Radisson Blu Plaza – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Bentley Restaurant & Bar offers a top-of-the-town setting, silver service, and award-winning chefs. $$$$. • Lady Fairfax Room oozes history and charm. Open for breakfast only (public is welcome).
- Lounge/Bar: The Fax Bar is alongside the lobby. Historic, atmospheric, and perfect for High Tea.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast provided for an extra A$29-32.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Radisson Blu Plaza – Rooms
- Room Types: Atrium Room • Superior Room • Twin Premier Room • Premier Room • Deluxe Room • Business Class Room • Studio Spa Suite • One-Bedroom Spa Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the highest floors for optimum views, the One-Bedroom Spa Suite offers a balcony, separate living area, and marble bathroom with spa.
Radisson Blu Plaza – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Kansai – Japanese buffets in a cavernous room downstairs.
- Méjico – Trendy, with Mexican grills and spit-roasted delicacies.
- Rockpool Bar & Grill – Contemporary Australian cuisine by a renowned chef in an Art Deco setting.
- 2-minute walk to the train station and ferry terminal at Circular Quay.
Radisson Blu Plaza – The Hotel
- Sydney Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Sydney
- Best Hotels for Families in Sydney
- Where to Stay in Sydney
- Sydney Hotel Map
- Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Sydney
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Melbourne
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter