Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – A historic hotel, centrally-located and quiet.
Based in an old building that takes up most of an inner-city block, the Radisson admirably maintains much of its history and character despite recent major renovations. Corridors with plush carpets and ornate lampshades lead to the Superior Rooms with a colorful combination of gold-colored cushions, grey carpets, and blue sofas. The windows are original and offer street views, and the lovely bathrooms come with marble baths. Slightly more spacious, the Deluxe Rooms feature identical furnishings, golden wallpaper behind the bed, and small balconies. With an indoor pool, some interconnecting rooms, and the possibility of extra single beds, it’s a decent option for families. Located in a quieter part of the city, it’s walkable to transport, shops, and restaurants.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – The Basics
- Location: Along O’Connell St, in the city center and very close to Circular Quay for trains and ferries.
- Guests: More suited to business people, but a decent option for holiday-makers.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Of the neighborhood.
- Wi-Fi: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking available for A$50 per night.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 8214 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: radissonblu.com
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Amenities
- Pool: Indoors, with a jacuzzi attached.
- Spa: Tanya Day Spa is well-equipped and has a sauna.
- Fitness Center: Sizable and open 24 hours.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Bentley Restaurant & Bar offers a top-of-the-town setting, silver service, and award-winning chefs. $$$$. • Lady Fairfax Room oozes history and charm. Open for breakfast only (public is welcome).
- Lounge/Bar: The Fax Bar is alongside the lobby. Historic, atmospheric, and perfect for High Tea.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast provided for an extra A$29-32.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: Atrium Room • Superior Room • Twin Premier Room • Premier Room • Deluxe Room • Business Class Room • Studio Spa Suite • One-Bedroom Spa Suite
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the highest floors for optimum views, the One-Bedroom Spa Suite offers a balcony, separate living area, and marble bathroom with spa.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- 2-minute walk to the train station and ferry terminal at Circular Quay.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – The Hotel
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- QT Sydney
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach