Updated: May 22, 2018
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – a historic hotel, centrally-located and quiet, but with unremarkable rooms.
Based in an old building that takes up most of an inner-city block, the Radisson admirably maintains much of its history and character despite recent major renovations. Corridors with plush carpets and ornate lampshades lead to the Superior Rooms, with a colourful (if not garish) combination of gold-coloured cushions, a grey carpet and blue sofa. The windows are original and therefore undersized, and the street views are unexciting, but the lovely bathroom contains a marble bath. Slightly more spacious, the Deluxe Rooms feature identical furnishings, including more golden wallpaper behind the bed, and a balcony that is standing room only. With some interconnecting rooms, and the possibility of an extra single bed, it’s a decent option for families, but the indoor pool smells of chlorine. Located in a quieter part of the city, it’s walkable to transport, shops and restaurants.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – The Basics
- Location: Along O’Connell St, in the city centre and very close to Circular Quay for trains and ferries.
- Guests: More suited to business people, but decent option for holidaymakers.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Only of buildings across the streets.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests.
- Parking: Valet parking available for A$50 per night.
- Phone: 8214 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.radissonblu.com/en/plazahotel-sydney
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Amenities
- Pool: Indoors, with Jacuzzi attached, but not that inviting.
- Spa: Tanatcha Spa is well-equipped and has a sauna.
- Fitness Center: Sizeable and open 24 hours.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Bentley Restaurant & Bar offers a top-of-the-town setting, silver service and award-winning chefs, but the choice is limited and prices sky-high • Lady Fairfax Room oozes history and charm, but is only open for breakfast (public is welcome)
- Lounge/Bar: The Fax Bar is alongside the lobby. Historic, atmospheric and perfect for High Tea.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast provided for an extra A$29-32.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – Rooms
- Room Types: Atrium Rooms • Superior Rooms • Twin Premier Rooms • Premier Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Business Class Rooms • Studio Spa Suites • One-Bedroom Spa Suites
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: On the highest floors for optimum views, the One-Bedroom Spa Suite offers a balcony, separate living area, and marble bathroom with spa.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Kansai – Japanese buffets in a cavernous downstairs). 1-minute walk.
- Méjico – trendy, with Mexican grills and spit-roasted delicacies. 1-minute walk.
- Rockpool Bar & Grill – contemporary Australian cuisine with renowned chef in art deco setting. 3-minute walk.
- Jamie’s Italian Sydney – one of international TV chef Jamie Oliver’s popular eateries. 1-minute walk.
Is a two-minute walk to the train station and ferry terminal at Circular Quay.